The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How long do you take per verse/song?`

How long do you take per verse/song?`

Postby J.R. » May 12th, '12, 01:49

Verse- Usually depends. If I count up each syllable count per line it takes a day or two or 3 hours in 1 session, if i just free flow however it can take 20 minutes.

Song- Same kinda thing, About 3 days if I do that, about 3 hours if I free flow.
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Re: How long do you take per verse/song?`

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 12th, '12, 01:57

I am usually working on quite a few things at once and just work on whatever I am in the mood for, But I take much longer than you, probably because I am just beginning, But if I am doing a full 2 or 3 verses it takes a good 5 days/like 5 hours and thats only when I have a lot of time to write, A lot of times my schedule is too full and some days I dont even write lol.
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Spyder » May 12th, '12, 03:50

well i never count syllables per line, i just rap it out and it it sounds right its close to the same syllable count.
if it fits the beat then there ya go. and if its just writing then it matter less.

i usually jot down ideas throughout a while, so technically might take me a month to write a song.
but if i sit down and write one start to finish from scratch, maybe take me ten minutes at most.
not cause i rush it, but i dont like second guessing my lines. if i change how it normally came out then it seems weird.

what i do is think of lines, and then create plug ins or setups later
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Emadyville » May 12th, '12, 05:32

Depends.

I cant say Ive written lately but sometimes I'd spend hours trying to come up with best rhymes and making it all flow as perfectly as possible. Other times I was happy with the rhymes and flow.

I'd say on a verse, it was between anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple hours.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby DƎRDYPK » May 12th, '12, 17:57

few years, lol naw I used to write quick but I doubt I'd be able to surprise myself now.
Last edited by DƎRDYPK on May 12th, '12, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby SG. » May 13th, '12, 19:21

These days? Years. I used to be able to write verses in a few minutes but now I just can't find the effort.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 13th, '12, 19:41

I actually found something out when I was writing yesterday, I had my Beats on medium sound just loud enough to block everything out but soft enough to still focus, and I wrote probably one of my favorite verses so far in about 30 minutes, Also I had to have a really nice beat to write with and it sort of puts me in the zone I guess, however the only problem is i am limited to the beats that I can get on my ipod because most you have to buy or are on youtube with no download but I still have like 3 or 4 beats I can listen to on it! Just a little something I thought might help with focusingg!
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 13th, '12, 21:41

Put the beat on and I've got a verse or two done in maybe an hour. But I rarely get motivation to write anymore, so sometimes I'll go maybe two or three weeks without writing anything at all.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 13th, '12, 23:46

@ Mr.DGAF I know how it is dude, I struggle to write during week days cause of so much going on during the day, but I always try to spare at least 10 to 15 minutes of thinking so I can still improve, I get most of my writing done on the weekends when I have nothing to do but be on Trshady hahaha!
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JamaicanPattlez » May 18th, '12, 03:40

To a beat? It'll take me maybe an hour or so if I'm feeling what I write, however, whenever I'm thinking about keeping it to record, it takes me maybe a week to comb over what needs to be done, if the flow matches the beat perfectly, if I can fit in a couple adlibs or cool things like that. Add magic to it. Of course, I haven't recorded yet, so I'm basically stacking verses and songs right now.

Now, when I'm just writing without a beat, that could take a while, cause my mind tends to wander, even when it's completely silent in my room or wherever I choose to write.
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Return to C.W. Lounge