The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How long does it take you....

How long does it take you....

Postby Mr.DGAF » May 19th, '12, 00:12

To look back at a verse and realize the glaring mistakes in it? Or does this even happen to anyone else? I was just looking back at verses I wrote and saved but didn't post here when I first started, and they're so obviously bad. Like, it makes me wonder why I thought it was good to begin with haha.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Re: How long does it take you....

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 19th, '12, 00:16

Ha, I always look at it about 2-3 days later and most of the time I'm not happy with it, then once I find out I'm not happy with it at all I stop everything else that I'm working on and focus on editing the shit out of it until I'm sure that I actually like it/ think its decent enough to post! haha. It definitely happens to me quite a bit even though I havent wrote much I can relate lol.
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » May 19th, '12, 00:17

I think it's more awesome to look at my old verses and see how I evolved after I started to understand structure, flow and better rhymes.

Now I do the same with my recorded songs. I listen in the order of the oldest to the newest, and damn... the delivery, flow, voice... everything is changed to the better.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 19th, '12, 00:56

HAHAHA ^

@ Sajn I havent seen you in the creative writing section at all man! i dont think I have read any of your pieces either. Are you still writing?
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SajN » May 19th, '12, 00:59

I used to post here back in 07 and 08. Now I don't really do.

About writing... well, I can't find the motivation anymore. I do get pieces done, but it takes a long time (even months), because I have so many other things to do, or that I don't fully concentrate on writing when I start.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 19th, '12, 02:28

SajN wrote:I used to post here back in 07 and 08. Now I don't really do.

About writing... well, I can't find the motivation anymore. I do get pieces done, but it takes a long time (even months), because I have so many other things to do, or that I don't fully concentrate on writing when I start.

You should get back at it dude, the creative writing section can get really slow at times lol
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JamaicanPattlez » May 27th, '12, 02:36

A couple days to a week now. Before, I just wrote my verses and just shared and posted 'em wherever that wanted to see em. Now, as of the verse I'm currently writing, I'm taking my sweet time just combing over everything, carving it to how I want it to go, the flow, the rhyming and little things like that.
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Wreck » Jul 12th, '12, 10:34

Well it depends on a few things........

01. The time I wrote the song- day or night, cause if it's 5:30 AM right now, I'm tired, so I don't wanna toy around as much as I probably would when I have more energy in the afternoon.

02. The type of song
03. The beat

I usually notice something a few seconds, or a minute after I write down the line, when looking back at it & rapping it over the beat. I write all my shit on my laptop so it's really easy & convenient if I fuck up a typo, or write something I don't like, or feels that doesn't fit with the pattern of the multis I'll either change/modify it, delete it entirely, or move it down the page, in case I might want it for later. I think that makes for a great idea because it may still fit great as a multi syllable rhyme, & I like to stack as many of those as possible on a song on most occasions.
My Beats Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreckles ... 08?fref=ts
My Debut Album- Life or Death- Coming Soon
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Sam. » Jul 12th, '12, 20:25

I just took a look at "Three Minutes Til Death Feat. Spyder", hell most of the rhymes sucked badly.
viewtopic.php?p=1808936#p1808936
The punchlines weren't that great either. The punches that I wrote after that, surpass that. Now I wonder why did I even feel so proud with that verse. I've evolved as a better writer after my last drop, reading my writtens now don't give me that disgusting feeling, though. Guess, that's what is called self realization.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Return to C.W. Lounge