The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

EP/Mixtape/whatever

Re: EP/Mixtape/whatever

Postby garycal5326 » Jan 17th, '11, 02:18

good luck :)
garycal5326
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby HipHopHead » Jan 17th, '11, 02:43

Your writing is perfect. The quickest way to get better at audio in my opinion is just to rap all the time. I don't remember the specific date but one day my delivery just appeared. It emerged from hours and days of rapping to myself. Delivery and flow are the two mountains to climb when doing audio and considering you already script flows which are amazing then delivery is your only flaw. Try recording single verses and getting feed on them rather than whole songs. You'll improve faster if you take smaller steps. Some people release whole albums with the same thing wrong on every song.

If you ever want to do a make shift collab to get your feet off the ground hit me up bro.

Also hopefully your friend is a pretty decent beat maker because you don't want the album to sound repetitive and stale. Good luck. I'll definitely feed your album and songs until then.
..................................................You just copy, pasted, and read this sentence
....................................................1-0
HipHopHead
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Emadyville » Jan 17th, '11, 05:51

Best advice I can give, which may be obvious, but write your lyrics to the beat. This will help for the flow and all that :y:

Secondly, make sure practice and practice spitting your lyrics to the beat. So when you do go to record it's natural, and you already know the flow and your good with pauses, breathe, delivery, all that.

Thirdly, delivery is important, often when I record I do a song with the delivery I feel is fitiing and how I want it to sound, yet it still doesn't sound as strong as it should. So always give a lot when you're spitting on a track, this deals with the practice part, if you're def gunna have a strong delivery make sure you practice it with the same emotion and force you will when you record.

Finally, always sacrifice rhyming for flow. This is one thing I learned over time, I would always try to have the multi's and sick rhymes, but as just starting out, learning to flow is most important. Use easier rhymes to begin with to help with the flow, and as you gain experience and knowledge of working the beat, you will then be able to use better rhyming when you record.

I guess the last thing is hooks, I hate doing them, they take a lot of time in terms of mixing and all that, so make sure to take your time with them when you write them and record them. Also, as your starting the album, put shit on here to feed so people can help you as you start, or send them to people who will feed you, which includes me.

I hope this helped :y:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Return to A.S. Lounge