The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

top 5 MC's of 2010...

top 5 MC's of 2010...

Postby Mr. Chambers » Mar 28th, '11, 16:04

since big Ax-D just finished the awards for the forum, i think it's time we talk about the top 5 MC's of 2010 on here. Who impresses you lyrically? who always has that intense spark when they spit? who always comes with intriguing, thought provoking songs? who makes the catchiest songs? who has been consistently dope?

try not to include "quantity", but don't make it someone who never drops. Don't focus on the sound quality becuz obviously some people just don't have the $$$ for that. this is strictly relating to skills and overall potential.

leave your top 5 here. i'll be leaving mine some time today.

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Re: top 5 MC's of 2010...

Postby MUSIC_FEIN » Mar 28th, '11, 17:13

My Top 5 - Not In Any Particular Order

1. Royce Da 5'9 - always been lyrically nice, flows gotten better
2. Lupe Fiasco - Non mainstream songs are great, well structure, great lyrically, very real
3. PlayWryte - Very underrated and unknown, he's better than most rappers in all categories
4. J Cole - I feel he's a rapper/mc that has alot of potential for growth - Friday Night Lights!!!
5. B.o.B - to be honest he deserves more credit, but 2010 was a great year for him, his song "Beast Mode", the title say's it all.
Check out my Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/playwryte
MUSIC_FEIN
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Scrubz » Mar 29th, '11, 02:38

:facepalm :facepalm
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Scrubz » Mar 29th, '11, 02:46

Only been here half the year but as of who I've herd it goes:

Kez
Chambers
Phantom
spag
Big ax d
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _Steven_ » Mar 29th, '11, 02:52

Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon

Put the earphones on and made the bitch Def Jam
_Steven_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr. Chambers » Mar 29th, '11, 02:57

_Steven_ wrote:Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon

MUSIC_FEIN wrote:My Top 5 - Not In Any Particular Order

1. Royce Da 5'9 - always been lyrically nice, flows gotten better
2. Lupe Fiasco - Non mainstream songs are great, well structure, great lyrically, very real
3. PlayWryte - Very underrated and unknown, he's better than most rappers in all categories
4. J Cole - I feel he's a rapper/mc that has alot of potential for growth - Friday Night Lights!!!
5. B.o.B - to be honest he deserves more credit, but 2010 was a great year for him, his song "Beast Mode", the title say's it all.

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _Steven_ » Mar 29th, '11, 03:01

Mr. Chambers wrote:
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon

Put the earphones on and made the bitch Def Jam
_Steven_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr. Chambers » Mar 29th, '11, 03:07

_Steven_ wrote:
Mr. Chambers wrote:
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _Ironic_ » Mar 29th, '11, 05:37

1)vettori
2)ax
3)chambers
4)explicit (emislegend)
5)spag

and I think im in there somewhere :P :flutter:
http://www.soundclick.com/meanmuggerz
http://www.facebook.com/GTRONIC84

ImageImage
Adam Quinn wrote:I understand what you are doing and what you say in your rhymes. You gotta understand though that the people who come to this site don't listen to our type of music. I think your shit all around is better than anybody's on this site,.
_Ironic_
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Mar 29th, '11, 05:46

Chambers
Mc Anonymous
DerdyPK
MPulse
Phantom
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Tornado » Mar 29th, '11, 13:51

Derdy: may not be outsatnding in one field, but makes consistently good shit

Sajjad: It helps his style of Hip-Hop is my taste, but Saj always come solid with a track. Lyrics + Delievery are top

Chambers: Another consistent MC. Very versatile

Ax-D:when he does something to my taste, i find it great. Some tracks in Die A King, you don't overthink about flow, delievery, because you just feel the track.

That's all for now
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 29th, '11, 15:54

Myself
Ax
Kez
D. Dubs
Chambers

Thanks for whoever says my name, you'll see that your confidence has been put in the right place soon!
:shifty:
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kez » Mar 29th, '11, 18:56

Sajjad/Xray - I've always felt Sajjad has the best voice and delivery on all of TR. It's just insane. The way he delivers lines. Whenever he starts rapping my head bumps. He doesn't put out much stuff, but I still listen to Born Alone Ride Alone quite often. Been too long since we collabed! You know the last time we collabed was fucking early 2008! Haha.

Favourite song: Death Warrant

Ax - Ax is probably the most versatile guy on TR, not only just because he produces so much of his shit and does all the artwork and everything but because he can go from club songs to some of the deepest shit. A lot of people think he's just a club song type guy I think but he has some truly deep songs which still resonate with me. He's definately got the most consistent work ethic too, he puts out so much shit, and he's probably the guy who cares most about the TR audio scene than anyone else. He's put out the most albums, some of which have sadly been lost to the plight of shitty broken computers, but I still have several of them.

Favourite song: Learn To Forget

Bar - Can't really ignore Bar, he's like one of very few people on TR who's actually got somewhere in real life with his shit. Even though he's apparently unemployed and still going down the jobcentre judging by his Facebook :p Yeah some of the music he makes now for the Scottish audience is garbage (sorry man but some of it is) but anyone who's been on here a while will remember Bar's old shit and know he has the skill and knowledge for real hip hop.

Favourite song: Hmm, Pride will always be a tune, but i'm quite into his "BBC" song

Steve - Steve has a very approachable style; sometimes he does have a tendency to slip into just rapping about weed and skill a lot, but i still enjoy his music. His delivery doesn't always sound that different on songs, but he is still top five of the people I've heard on here. I enjoy listening to his shit when I just want to listen to some good music without thinking too much, but which isn't totally vapid.

Favourite song: Along This Road

Chambers - Chambers is someone that I have to put on this list even though sometimes I don't get into his shit 100%. I can't deny it in terms of technical rapping (and his ability in that field is why he's on this list), but his content can make me bored. The actual lyrics he writes are pretty great in terms of the rhymes and the actual punches and shit, it's just this content can bore me. His delivery is always pretty cohesive, although he does have this annoying smug voice sometimes that pisses me off. And we definately should do that collaboration at some point! I just never have any free time these days.

Favourite song: Hmm, probably Shadows I suppose

Other people I should mention:

Randomghost - What happened to Random? He was awesome
Vettori - Very easy to get into, but I don't see him around much either
Oh, and that Nefarious guy will always have my respect for Thank God I'm Alive
Anon (even though he aint here) - One of the more imaginative writers for sure
D Dubs - I hear you and you are getting better
Tash - Has improved a real lot but his new attitude and content kinda annoys me

That is my opinion, don't kick off cause i haven't heard you lol I haven't been around as much to check out everyone
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 29th, '11, 19:15

^^
Yeah honorable mention to Bar, I forgot about him but he's been dropping some dope shit lately!
:y:
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby B.A.D. » Mar 31st, '11, 03:24

Tom Chambers
well, Tom has demonstrated an evolution this year that only few underground rappers around the world experience, look at how he started from arrogant and repetitive songs, no he has variety, his flow improved like a mofo, he got more constant on working, plus got it all on the right path. 2010, its chambers'

favourite song: Say Hello To Winter

Steve Spag
This guy works like a mofo, aka like me lmao, honestly, apart from myself I think steve is the only person in here who is locked down on the microphone 24/7, and that shows consitency. Plus listen to his songs, he trully deserves a spot here.

favorite song: Look Both Ways

Kez
do I really need to say it?, on top of him being a judges favourite, probably no one really dares to write what this guy writes, and what kez has above everybody else in this site is the style, he is trully unique, try to replace him, I dare you.

favorite song: can't decide lol

Sajjad
what really makes Sajjad a great mc is his delivery, but whats taking him down slowly is his work ethic, he needs to put out more material and be more consistent in rapping. But you deserve here for the way you approach tracks, like DMTD, that shit was amazing, even without a hook. you do good stuff sir, dont loose it.

favorutie song: Devils Death Tone

Myself (lol, swagga jackin Steve for the auto vote lol) hell yeah niqqa.
:b:

I love GT Ronic as well (no homo) :worship: :worship: and my favouirte this year probably was Solace, I was impressed by him :y: :b: :b:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Next

Return to A.S. Lounge