The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

top 5 MC's of 2010...

Re: top 5 MC's of 2010...

Postby Mr. Chambers » Apr 4th, '11, 17:36

i'm going to exclude myself.....lol

ok with that being said...

GT-tbh i don't feed him enough cuz he just has his craft kind of perfected. he makes some bullshit, boring, and shitty songs, but when he's on point, he kind of just blows past almost everyone else on here. Sets himself apart by leaps and bounds. flow, lyrics, delivery, creativity. he just really needs to stear clear of the stupid songs.

sentus-its hard to think that this guy just started 6 months ago, its scary to think the level he's going to be on in a year or two. with his last few posts saying he's tired of punchline tracks (told you.....) its going to be interesting to see how he develops his style. he's someone i think, if he irons out the kinks and takes his music in the right direction, i could see buying his music and working quite often with.

kez-i don't have all the old kez shit, but his newer shit is pretty good. he has some flaws in every song, but he has raw talent. theres quite a few songs i could always bump from him, and thats fresh.

AX-d-i'll say this right here, never the most lyrical rapper, but easily one of the more direct and powerful with words. he can make you feel the emotion behind his words, which is quite unique to me. there are times where his accent gets in the way of fully understanding what he says, but i can still understand how he's feeling. i dunno its real weird but its something i can respect. he's not so much a rapper, but an artist.

vet-raw talent, but just, very one sided. could be great, but just kind of good. but still in my top 5.

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Re: top 5 MC's of 2010...

Postby Vettori » Apr 4th, '11, 18:24

Thanks too those who remember :D haha

No particular order, and because im short on time...ill drop a few names of who ive been Keeping an eye on.

Alot of what i appreciate is the time everyone can put into there music..
so i based this on consistancy of hard work,
and lyrics/content is a big deal to me.

GT Ronic- Comes and goes, so it's hard to follow, as well as i don't do the forum thing that well so i see very few songs from him. But when i do get a chance to hear..Im not dissapointed...i wish you had more strength in your voice..you could have a bigger presence then you have...
i think your Content needs some expanding :D

Chambers- I like alot of your songs, i don't follow very avidly. But when i see your name in the audio section i always find time to click on whatevers there.contents mostly great, writing detail is great.
but your voice sometimes Lacks the energy i like :D
so it may be more personal taste...but this is what makes us differant as artists :y:

Spagg- Always working haha...almost to the point where your hearing too much steve spagg. But that my friend will go a long way. it's a strong trait to have and a great one to get used to..Plus you'll never be bored.
Your music i feel could use some strengthening..mainly your Delivery

Axe- I feel like he's Working alot out of fun...Which is a very important thing to do..I feel you can explore more when your open minded..and don't take it too serious. Your Very experimental.
but your grammar holds you back a bit. and i must admit, your production isn't bad. Iv'e heard a few beats you made i felt i could make some crazy songs from haha..

McMaybe-Dissapeared haha, had the chance to catch up breifly with him some days ago.. but one of the guys id for sure do a track with...Just always enjoyed his songs and clever lyrics.Plus i think if we through a party it would be dope HAHA

Kez- I actually like this guy for who he is...not a dickhead, and certainly not in it for himself...
and possibly the greatest trait ,..telling it for what it is..I like his music...But i havnt heard anythign recently

Bar-Another good musician, who too my knoledge is becoming more recognized.Very nice guy too

tash- What i like about tash's music latly, is he's even making other genres of music...not just hiphop/rap i can tell he's just living life..

I know theres a few more people but im terrible with names...i'll probably edit this shortly

There are actually a few members that stick to the creative writing section, or battle sections..that deserve some spotlight, but I think ill give them the credit when they man up and start recording :D ;)

haha i understand the mixing and all can be complicating at first...but the equipment is so available it's not funny...i baught a 60 dollar mic, and 60 dollar mixer, and iv'e been doing ok since :D

Thanks to everyone who remembered haha

I've been working extremely hard on a project of mine..so hopefully i can finish that up shortly. and have some more music released. :D
Last edited by Vettori on Apr 5th, '11, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Vettori
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to A.S. Lounge