The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Out of curiosity (16 Bars Contest)

Re: Out of curiosity (16 Bars Contest)

Postby ThomasAguanis » May 16th, '11, 17:49

1). A tournament bracket set up may work, I'm just unsure about people with more than one verse and how that should be handled. Maybe 1st have a vote on an artists' best 16 in the series and then put the best of each artist against the best of the other artists in a bracket setup. Not sure if I explained that yet.

2). No idea. How about a TMW autographed 8x10? Or a t-shirt or something tangible? It's a hard thing to decide. I could always draw a trophy and mail it to them.
B.K.A. The King of Kale A.K.A. The Superfood Sensai
I still rap better than you.

ThomasAguanis
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby ThomasAguanis » May 16th, '11, 18:22

How many 16s are you planning to have in this first series?

& I'll start contacting people here about the logo thing. I'll just have to ask a few people I haven't yet. If I find someone willing to do it, I'll let you know.

ThomasAguanis
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Maybe » May 16th, '11, 18:34

ThomasAguanis wrote:1). A tournament bracket set up may work, I'm just unsure about people with more than one verse and how that should be handled. Maybe 1st have a vote on an artists' best 16 in the series and then put the best of each artist against the best of the other artists in a bracket setup. Not sure if I explained that yet.

2). No idea. How about a TMW autographed 8x10? Or a t-shirt or something tangible? It's a hard thing to decide. I could always draw a trophy and mail it to them.

Just dropping in to say that an autographed TMW item would be dope. It's funny, because it would actually mean a lot more than any other prize symbolically.
classthe_king wrote:
If you and Siinide don't start recording soon I'm going to fly to where ever you live, tie you up, put the mic in front of your faces and force you to record.
Bronies: Kez, Yoshi, Slimm, Satire, Block, Xray, Dr3, Killa, VenomBlackViper, C.R.E.A.M, SWEET_TOOTH, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & all the citizens of Ponyville.
EG. wrote:and i dont even like hot dog
Maybe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Scrubz » May 19th, '11, 02:04

I think that it should be bracket style, with each match up using the same beat. I dont think personals should be aloud because it would turn into a battle and thats not what this is about. So its an even playing field. Judges should be non biased and not in the competition. Have the voting be 1-5 for things like flow, delivery, lyrics, style ect. best score moves on to the next round.

As for the surprise maybe a name color and something for the sig. And the stuff mentioned above me sounds good too.
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ThomasAguanis » May 19th, '11, 03:02

@Maybe, I was kidding about the autographed 8x10, do you seriously think an autographed TMW item would be cool to have?

Scrubz wrote:I think that it should be bracket style, with each match up using the same beat. I dont think personals should be aloud because it would turn into a battle and thats not what this is about. So its an even playing field. Judges should be non biased and not in the competition. Have the voting be 1-5 for things like flow, delivery, lyrics, style ect. best score moves on to the next round.

As for the surprise maybe a name color and something for the sig. And the stuff mentioned above me sounds good too.

I think you read this wrong. The 16 bars series is already underway on the ThisMeansWar youtube *cheap plug, check mine out in my sig*. I believe you had one, but I may be confusing that with a full track. I think Kil..err FreeDoom is saying to put them up against each other once series 1 is complete, and have people vote on their favorites. The one left standing can be crowned as "the best 16 of 16bars series 1" or something, and win a prize of some sort. There's really no way to put them up against each other without using a random bracket. The categories you mentioned may be a good thing to use when voting, but I'm not sure if a break down of each verse is really necessary when picking the one you think is your favorite/the best overall verse.

Having a "best 16 cypher" contest, or something like your mentioning in your post may be a cool idea to use in the future. The problem I see is having multiple people participating using the same beat. The number of people submitting 16s now is fairly small, and that's a 16 without any restraints. Putting "you must use this beat and follow these guidelines" type rules in effect may deter people from participating. Hopefully the number of people submitting 16s will increase substantially and in the future something like this could be possible. I just don't see it working smoothly now.

Also, changing name color may work now, but may not in series 2 and beyond.The idea behind the 16 bars series is to have people from everywhere submit their music to get it heard. The winner may not even be a member of TR, though in this first series it seems like everyone participating is from TR.

ThomasAguanis
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby B.A.D. » May 19th, '11, 09:14

hmmm. lol just when I was about to post a competition idea.

anyways, Im pretti sure we could run both of them. But first you will have to ask people for their permission to do that with their songs. Like when I told you on pm about mu music's control. I wouldn't like to be part of this for that reason, and many others might have different reasons n stuff. The idea itself is great man. but I agree with the idea of each artist having their own songs going against eachother in a first elimination round, and afterwards all against all in a second elimination round aswell. however.. all the tracks that have already been submitted are in disadvantage to new tracks that might be submitted in the future. so you should've kept this secret for now lol. but well.. I like the idea.

I'll run by the other competition idea on the mod section before I post the details on general eyes.

btw, you can use the Awards & Competitions sub-forum for this thing man, make sure u continue the topics relating this on there. :y:

:worship: And I'll give it a mention on the next edition of the Audio Stage Mag.
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » May 20th, '11, 10:23

FreeDoom wrote::b: Cheers man, It isn't set in stone yet anyhow i just wanted to see what the views where on it. Look forward to hearing the competition plan. Whens the 2nd mag going up? Might have something for it.

I'll post it when I get enough stuff lol
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Return to A.S. Lounge