The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

doing my first show soon....

doing my first show soon....

Postby Mr. Chambers » Dec 10th, '11, 17:58

and i'm looking for some tips for performing live. i got a 15-20 minute set depending on how many tickets i sell. so any tips for a first time performer, whether it be song choice or timing or what i should do on the stage. anything would help

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Re: doing my first show soon....

Postby AbramIsaac » Dec 10th, '11, 18:27

Interact with the crowd. At my first show that made for a lively set. It's great to do that in between songs so you can properly set each one up. Start high energy, move deeper, end high energy.

Of course, you may go a different route. Have fun with them though. Some people make the mistake of talking at the crowd instead of to it. People don't respond to that. They might like your songs, but they won't interact with you like you might want them to.

Skylar Grey made that mistake at Lollapalooza and ended up getting upset and finishing her set frustrated.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr. Chambers » Dec 11th, '11, 08:17

AbramIsaac wrote:Interact with the crowd. At my first show that made for a lively set. It's great to do that in between songs so you can properly set each one up. Start high energy, move deeper, end high energy.

Of course, you may go a different route. Have fun with them though. Some people make the mistake of talking at the crowd instead of to it. People don't respond to that. They might like your songs, but they won't interact with you like you might want them to.

Skylar Grey made that mistake at Lollapalooza and ended up getting upset and finishing her set frustrated.

what you mean talking at it? could you give me some examples?

i was gonna do high energy then deeper.....figured they're at this bar to party...not really get to know me lol.

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ka0t1c » Dec 11th, '11, 12:21

move around somewhat, don't be "stiff", stare thru the crowd or look at back wall, don't sound dull, maybe don't drink or drink lil, w/e works best i guess, no drugs, don't mumble or rap too fast, stay good pace, don't focus on your nervousness, just picture ur lyrics in ur head, don't grab your crotch or walk like a duck, keep a belt on your pants to keep your ass from hanging out, plz. thank you, the staff.
oh yeah... and thanks for nothing too
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby B.A.D. » Dec 12th, '11, 11:55

find a 15 year old girl and piss on her :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Return to A.S. Lounge