The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rode NT1-A Microphone with Saffire 6 USB Interface. HELP

Rode NT1-A Microphone with Saffire 6 USB Interface. HELP

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Jul 28th, '12, 17:49

Okay guys I got the set up mentioned in the title a couple days ago, The Rode didnt come with any installation CD's except a tutorial on how to get good vocals out of it, However the Saffire 6 USB came with 2 installation CD's, I installed Ableton and it looks like something you use to do mixing and stuff, but there is a saffire 6 installation thing that I tried to install but it just brings something up on my computer and when I click on it it says that it cant be open, then I choose the "find a program on the internet to open" thing and I downloaded this program but I think it just spammed my computer because It didnt help at all, I have no idea what I need to do to get the mic to start recording or what programs I need, if anyone has any info on how to get the installation CD working or what other programs I might need to start recording please chime in!!

Sorry theres not much information I'm on a different computer but when I get back to my house I'll fill in all the blanks! Thanks a lot!
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Rode NT1-A Microphone with Saffire 6 USB Interface. HELP

Postby TripleNineThree » Jul 28th, '12, 18:54

Hey man, I use a M-Audio Fast Track Pro for my pre-amp and I lost the CD so I just found the drivers online. I'm not entirely sure what you're question is, are you trying to get your mic simply to record into your computer and the drivers for your pre-amp aren't working? If so, you should try to download the drivers here - http://de.focusrite.com/downloads?product=Saffire+6+USB

Also, if you're looking for a good program to record with, I would recommend Mixcraft. You can download the free trial (I believe it lasts at least a month) to try it out then you can purchase it for around $80.

Mixing is pretty user friendly and when you figure out how to master the program you can push some great quality tracks out of it. I have used Mixcraft since I started and you can check out my mixing quality here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1izj3qf5 ... ature=plcp

Hope that helped man!
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Jul 28th, '12, 20:49

thanks a lot triple nine three, You answered my ? the drivers werent working for my pre amp I guess, Im definitely going to that site when I get home! thanks a lot man!
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TripleNineThree » Jul 28th, '12, 21:25

ShAdYTiLIDie wrote:thanks a lot triple nine three, You answered my ? the drivers werent working for my pre amp I guess, Im definitely going to that site when I get home! thanks a lot man!

No problem man I hope it works for you. Keep us updated!
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Jul 29th, '12, 18:00

Man this has been tough, especially because I'm a beginner and Idk what half of this shit means, I got ableton installed along with the saffire 6 hardware, Ableton ( which is the program I'll be using to record with) had a tutorial on recording stuff and it took me forever to learn how to connect it with saffire 6 usb, now I have it connected and when I go to arm the track it is supposed to show some kind of signal which it doesnt, It said if the it shows no signal make sure that you have the input that has a microphone on it (which I do) and it still doesnt work. any ideas??
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TripleNineThree » Jul 29th, '12, 19:01

I have no idea how to use that program. You should go download a free trial a Mixcraft because I could guide you through the process of getting your mic hooked up; it's pretty simple, or at least it was for me and I have the same set-up. A mic going into a pre-amp then the pre-amp connected by USB to my tower
TripleNineThree
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Jul 29th, '12, 20:36

your tower is laptop/computer right?? sorry I'm stupid with this stuff. I'll download it, although I really want to learn how to use this one because it seems pretty good! but I'll definitely get that program just so I can start recording!
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Return to A.S. Lounge