The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Untitled runSA Project(coming soon)

Untitled runSA Project(coming soon)

Postby runSA » Sep 18th, '14, 02:28

I had a really interesting year with alot of personal changes and ups and downs in about a year. I want to know what i need to record songs and how to make/get beats. Im only 15 but I have a good amount of money because I earn money doing jobs
Last edited by runSA on Sep 29th, '14, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Re: thinking of recording a project

Postby runSA » Sep 18th, '14, 02:47

True Wiz wrote:Soundclick.com - for finding beats
Ableton Live, Logic, FL - for making beats
Pro Tools, Logic - For recording songs

For recording you'll need a Microphone and interface. If you're looking for serious sound. Both will cost you $100 - $300

For beats, depending on what sound you want. You'll need a MIDI Keyboard or an MPC eg. AKAI. Both will cost you around $100 - $900 (Most MPC's are incredibly expensive. Just covering all ends)

If you're looking for a more analogue (sample sounds). You'll need a turntable. Something like a Numark TTUSB would work fine for sampling. Depending on where you live, they can run from $100 - $300

So yeah. Have fun :)

Thanks. Im doing this mostly for fun but might try to make about 10 songs cus I got alot of shit to get off my chest. Ill probably write some verses before I buy some of the more expensive things. I have about 1000$ right now but im going to save up a little bit more
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Re: thinking of recording a project

Postby runSA » Sep 18th, '14, 02:58

True Wiz wrote:
runSA wrote:
True Wiz wrote:Soundclick.com - for finding beats
Ableton Live, Logic, FL - for making beats
Pro Tools, Logic - For recording songs

For recording you'll need a Microphone and interface. If you're looking for serious sound. Both will cost you $100 - $300

For beats, depending on what sound you want. You'll need a MIDI Keyboard or an MPC eg. AKAI. Both will cost you around $100 - $900 (Most MPC's are incredibly expensive. Just covering all ends)

If you're looking for a more analogue (sample sounds). You'll need a turntable. Something like a Numark TTUSB would work fine for sampling. Depending on where you live, they can run from $100 - $300

So yeah. Have fun :)

Thanks. Im doing this mostly for fun but might try to make about 10 songs cus I got alot of shit to get off my chest. Ill probably write some verses before I buy some of the more expensive things. I have about 1000$ right now but im going to save up a little bit more

I brought my studio for about $1300.

I brought everything high end because I'm studying to become a studio engineer. So it should probably be a little less for you :b:

That seems really cool. Im hoping to do something involving either sports, music, or writing because those are the things im good at.
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Return to A.S. Lounge