The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Are You Serious About Your Music ?

Are You Serious About Your Music ?

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jan 28th, '10, 11:40

so yeh, we aint had a audio stage discussion topic in a while.

so tell me yall, are you serious about your music ?

imma hit the classic, were do you see you and your music in 5 years ?

me, im serious, in 5 years i see myself signed to a uk major or atleast a big independant, and that aint cockyness thats just coz the pure drive im goin to be putting in and the moves ive already started to make.

so were do you see yourself ? or were do you hope to see yourself ?
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: Are You Serious About Your Music ?

Postby Kosovic » Jan 28th, '10, 11:42

Nowhere, i threw it out of my life, along with many other things.
Kosovic
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Tranquil » Jan 28th, '10, 12:28

i have been working alot on my music (writting, recording) and in my opinion i have come along away, but im not going to put anything out unless it feels rite to me, you no, in 5 years i could see myself doing this as a hobby. I like writting the songs and all, but to be honest, i dont see myself singing to a record lable, thats a big step you no :coffee:
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Tomega » Jan 28th, '10, 13:19

i will produce/dj for fun, but on a high level. :b:
Tomega
Role Model
Role Model

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Jan 28th, '10, 13:26

i really want to be serious about my music..and i am
and i like writing lyrics and love to record them...its really a passion
and what can be better than make your passion into somthin worth living from?...
in 5years i see myself with a relative good street buzz/hype....
cuz so far i been kinda shy on my rapping towards the public..but i plan to change that..slowly started already but want to go further
as signin to a label..i dont know...i would be kind of picky cuz i dont wanna be someone's bitch or somthin.. :sweating:
and i cant handle authorities THAT well...(aka now teachers lol)
i really hope i can live from the street buzz/hype like sell couple mixtapes, performing etc..
and actually in 5years i see myself finally makin moves as producer or produce my own beats at least

ending words: i wish the best to all who replyin in this thread :flower:
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Postby Dark Blue » Jan 28th, '10, 14:26

well in about a year i hope it be in college working on music there
HATERS If you worked your dreams like you do your mouth - things would happen for you
Dark Blue
Addict
Addict

Postby Mr. Chambers » Jan 28th, '10, 18:59

it really all depends on where i live at tbh....and what path my life is on....

one of the main reasons i'm as skilled as i am in everything with my music...is kinda cuz i had nothing better to do...now i'm not saying its just something i'm doing to kill time...but i think if i had a "busier" it wouldn't be in my life or i wouldn't be as good as i am...cuz i spent alot of nights reading up on mixing, how to make beats sound certain ways, and just studying different styles of writing and music....so i dunno....in all honesty...i don't think i have what it takes to be signed to a big label...i'm REALLY REALLY lazy....so if i don't feel like meeting a deadline or doing something..i don't....i think at most i'd take like an indy deal and be satisfied with just kinda doing it in freetime......you know?...but if a label threw me a 1.5 mil bonus...oyu best believe i'm taking that shit.....

so where do i see myself in 5 years as far as music?..i dunno....i'm kinda in a really big "Transition" stage in my life right now.......so i can't honestly answer that....but boss thread bar :y:

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jan 28th, '10, 19:09

chambers wrote:it really all depends on where i live at tbh....and what path my life is on....

one of the main reasons i'm as skilled as i am in everything with my music...is kinda cuz i had nothing better to do...now i'm not saying its just something i'm doing to kill time...but i think if i had a "busier" it wouldn't be in my life or i wouldn't be as good as i am...cuz i spent alot of nights reading up on mixing, how to make beats sound certain ways, and just studying different styles of writing and music....so i dunno....in all honesty...i don't think i have what it takes to be signed to a big label...i'm REALLY REALLY lazy....so if i don't feel like meeting a deadline or doing something..i don't....i think at most i'd take like an indy deal and be satisfied with just kinda doing it in freetime......you know?...but if a label threw me a 1.5 mil bonus...oyu best believe i'm taking that shit.....

so where do i see myself in 5 years as far as music?..i dunno....i'm kinda in a really big "Transition" stage in my life right now.......so i can't honestly answer that....but boss thread bar :y:

i feel ya there man, i was the exact same for 2 years, then i got the bombshell i was goin to be a dad, and sorta thought well..i never pushed this music for real but i didnt want to have to give it up that quickly, i wanted to play around with it more see what i could do, but then when you see something you love doing dying infront of you i thought fuck it and went for it and im making really good moves up here got noise from indy labels and shit, if all went well i see myself being on one in the next year, with the backing to push for mainstream witch has only just opened up for uk hip hop over here.

now that im no longer looking at fatherhood i stopped and sayed to myself, if i made that much contacts in a month pushin it i aint goin to stop now and have kept that drive.

i respect anyone who just does this as a past time it just proves it aint always about that dough!
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Enimee » Jan 28th, '10, 19:11

music is all ive ever wanted to create..i like building shit and music to me is like a house with good foundation framework and insullation idk its all ive ever wanted so in five years really i just want to have a house of my own with a basement completely studio quality...drums...guitars.pianos...synths...the works so that i can go down there and just make music whenever i want no matter what...maybe i get noticed maybe not...i honestly can say i dont wann sign to a label...not permanently anyways i mean eventually i wann have my own independent shit goin on...im just do what i love and let it happen
Enimee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr. Chambers » Jan 28th, '10, 20:34

,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:
chambers wrote:it really all depends on where i live at tbh....and what path my life is on....

i feel ya there man, i was the exact same for 2 years, then i got the bombshell i was goin to be a dad, and sorta thought well..i never pushed this music for real but i didnt want to have to give it up that quickly, i wanted to play around with it more see what i could do, but then when you see something you love doing dying infront of you i thought fuck it and went for it and im making really good moves up here got noise from indy labels and shit, if all went well i see myself being on one in the next year, with the backing to push for mainstream witch has only just opened up for uk hip hop over here.

now that im no longer looking at fatherhood i stopped and sayed to myself, if i made that much contacts in a month pushin it i aint goin to stop now and have kept that drive.

i respect anyone who just does this as a past time it just proves it aint always about that dough!

well thats kinda the thing....i'ma either be somewhere in europe in the next two years or stuck here......imo...i think it'd be a lil easier to break it in europe's UK's scene since you know its fresh and its still kinda based on skill and big market companies haven't really wrapped their hands around it.....but over here..unless its for my beats..i just don't see myself ever making it.......

and if i had a kid on the way...i'd either just stop it all together or sell out.....yes..i'd sell out for my kid...don't care...

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kez » Jan 29th, '10, 00:17

Very.

I can't claim to predict where i see myself in 5 years; my current aim is to start doing local shit and see where it goes from there.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Tash8 » Jan 29th, '10, 00:23

Kez wrote:Very.

I can't claim to predict where i see myself in 5 years; my current aim is to start doing local shit and see where it goes from there.

I see you blowing up man...
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jan 29th, '10, 01:05

@chambers, yeh man your right, the market over here very new very fresh and very open, its just started to be accepted and its like the first couple of guys to breakthrough havent been lyrical then chipmunk came through 50/50 on the lyrics and hes really blew the scene open.

if your ever planning to come over me man we should hook up for a couple of shows :y:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Wallace » Jan 29th, '10, 03:29

I try to be....
I always loved music.... I kinda feel like wantin' to contribute to it... in all ways I can.

I write my shit (almost all rap, some of them to play like rock) absolutely honest and act like I'll never see'em bein' public ever. To keep them the realest possible, and i also test constantly myself to make the hardest shit. I don't miss an oportunity to write by inspiration also. But at the same time this option of hidin' of eveyrone sometimes takes out my passion, I don't expose almost nothin' and almost don't get buzz. It turns me off... But all songs I exposed got very good review when I sent 'em with MSN or put one of them in a forum. So I think I'm good enough to try for real as a second option of job if I feel I'm gettin better, in some years in the future.

I played keyboard and nowadays I play bass... it's a passion since childhood... with only some months of trainin' I played at my brothers birthday (at the begginin of this month) some rock songs when the bassist of the group needed to rest and my mother told the other bassist I play too so he gave me a chance. The bassist told me I'm very good, even tough I just played 4 songs before the original bassist got back...

I'm truly excited about drummin', sounds more reliable than rappin' by now. I'm 100 % sure I'm gonna try somethin', no matter what. Gettin' it is another thing. :coffee: Producin' sounds good too.
Last edited by Wallace on Jan 29th, '10, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Wallace
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Jan 29th, '10, 03:40

I'm serious about music. I wanna improve myself more and more and then sign to an indie label in Singapore. Or maybe under my friend who has a label. But, I need to improve. :sweating:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Next

Return to A.S. Lounge