The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Are You Serious About Your Music ?

Re: Are You Serious About Your Music ?

Postby Strictt Ame » Jan 29th, '10, 05:12

Music to me is a hobby..I breathe it, eat it and shit it but its still a hobby..Ive done several shows in Ohio and got good reviews from that..so if anything I would wanna be more of a local legend rather than a mainstream artist..simply because every fuckin white person to rap gets compared to Eminem and I hate that..we dont compare Jadakiss to Rick Ross just because they're black..so until the game gets switched around from this coma its in I would never go mainstream, Id rather do something like Immortal Technique and just press my own shit and keep every dollar made from it instead of getting like 7% from a label..

In 5 years I can see myself still doing this music shit, maybe get into beat making so I wouldnt have to buy instrumenals..possibly start a group and just press our own shit and sell it locally in a few cities..
My Music
@InkredableAme
Strictt Ame
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Tornado » Feb 7th, '10, 19:11

Yes

I wouldn't be in college if i weren't. TBH after college, i'm start freelancing whilst working part time and hopefully over the coming ages i can make a steady transition. I have no intention of being signed so i'm researching about muisc business and marketing as well as building contacts (which admitidely, is hard to find good ones). The plan is to build a loyal fan base whilst having control
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Yah-hah » Feb 7th, '10, 22:11

I'm serious about my craft. I've come a long way with this and its becoming more than just writing. I'm tryin to record and really do some things but like bar said, got more than just myself to think about, but not a baby lol. I'm gettin a house and I'm soon to ask my girl to marry me, it just seems like I have to grow up. I want to fully pursue music because I just flat out love it, but I have my family to think about and house payments to make. And I'm still in college making mininum wage. But I will be doin gigs at pow wows this summer. I already know a few Native rappers who are dope and signed to a label. They are all content with stayin on the pow wow scene and not move on. I want to start from there, seein as how thats my best chance, and see where that takes me. Hopefully I can at least make it as being "the native rapper" and I dont really have too much of a problem with that. I'm just tryin to figure out wats more important right now ya know. But I will support any TR artist for sure :y: Good luck with all yall stuff

"Red hand I use to reach deep in my dark quiver,
Arrow so big the fuckin bones in ya arm splinter
Fuckin crazy I'll stick my hand throgh ya hearts center,
With sharp scissors the words Native Pride gets carved in her,
"-Yah-hah

Trimss wrote:Your dog is cute, your tattoo fucking rocks, you can fight and your baby have a big dick.
Your life is cool bro lol :y:

Nundea Mekeze comin soon May 4th
Yah-hah
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Steve Spag » Feb 8th, '10, 20:07

I'm as serious as it gets.
5 years I'll be in the same home I'm in right now, but the difference is it'll be MINE and I'll be signed (at the very least to a major indy label).
This is fact, lol.
:smoking:
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby AbramIsaac » Feb 9th, '10, 10:57

I've been doing music for years now...several years.

In 5 years I probably will have off'd myself out of the depression that comes with not getting anywhere with something you've loved to do.

Fuck it. :smoking:
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr. Chambers » Feb 9th, '10, 20:20

^don't worry broseph......if i ever go anywhere....i'ma bring your oddly entertaining music with me....we gonna do the finest drugs and destroy our lifes together...until finally someone sleeps with some1's wife...we split up for 20 years then have a re-union tour and one of us dies half way through it and they make a "Behind the Music" special for us...... :b:

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Feb 9th, '10, 22:55

chambers wrote:^don't worry broseph......if i ever go anywhere....i'ma bring your oddly entertaining music with me....we gonna do the finest drugs and destroy our lifes together...until finally someone sleeps with some1's wife...we split up for 20 years then have a re-union tour and one of us dies half way through it and they make a "Behind the Music" special for us...... :b:

You're the shit, chambers.

I'll bring the Mescaline. :smoking:
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Restlesswon » Feb 22nd, '10, 02:37

no time to be serious, i'm going to be a father soon, I need to keep working full time to support my family, if I had no obligations I would be very serious about music, but its more of a hobby now since I have NO time besides some weekends. I still have a huge passion for music but I don't give 2 fucks about getting a deal and doing all those politics. I need money now and my job is doing what I need it for...even if it is draining 99% of my leasure time.
Restlesswon
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nick. Y » Mar 19th, '10, 18:01

I'll tell you all how lucky you are,because you're not raised in a fucked up country as mine, so although there are too many people who make music out there and think they gonna be big some day, you might have some chance,cause in Western Europe and USA the industry sells and people are more open to music, at least 70 % of the population won't come up with that kind of intense hate that we have here (in Bulgaria).Most people care only for their own music and everybody else is talentless and ridiculous for them.Nobody buys your CD if you have an album(when they can download it from internet),especially if you're making hip hop,rock,metal and not pop folk.Even the famous pop folk(chalga) whores don't sell much, they earn money from performing live,commercials,magazines and fucking with rich,mafia bastards.Couple of hip hoppers earn some money by performing live too and that's it.No major rap labels or shit like that down here,so how the fuck you suppose to blow up,when the place you live is a sucking bitch.This is what I'm serious about, and I'm wishing you all success if you truly love music,'cause if you do,then BE SERIOUS ABOUT IT I'm out..
Nick. Y
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby X'ed Up » Apr 12th, '10, 06:34

I'm extremely serious. I'm gonna start working at Publix for a year straight to afford a home studio. Plus, I'm taking Audio Engineering in High-School to learn how to mix and make beats too.

Once, I have my equipment I can picture myself using 3/4 of my time learning how to mix, make beats, etc., writing material, and recording. So, in 6 months or so TR should expect a mixtape from me. I'm 14 so I have time to grow as an artist. I constantly practice my breath by rapping other rapper's songs, I flow potential gonna be recorded songs on my picked-out beats, so I think with more practice I'll be ready to record. Hopefully, I'll be ready for mixtape making soon.
Props to csg370^

"Pop a xanax, relax"
X'ed Up
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to A.S. Lounge