The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What Is Flowing?

Re: What Is Flowing?

Postby Le Tunisien » Feb 7th, '10, 11:12

its something you feel,and comes out naturally
Le Tunisien
Role Model
Role Model

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 7th, '10, 12:45

Kosovic wrote:Water from a waterfall

not here man, thats why there's a backstage... I think people actually want to keep the audio stage clean, so even If I do find youre comments pretti enjoyable, please refrain yourself of posting non- important views on any of the discusions on this area. :y:

chambers wrote:its not something you "learn"...its something you feel....and many new people won't "Feel" it until the develop a flow and their own style....theres not one set way to flow...its just what the beat tells you to do......and until you learn how to connect with the beat...your not really gonna understand.....

couldnt have said it better myself
this is the only and unique anser to this question

if you dont connect with the beat, you dont flow.... even if you hit the snare and have asn adecuate strucutre to follow.... if you dont connect with it, you will not be successfull
:y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Tornado » Feb 7th, '10, 16:35

It;s how the individual interprets the beat, what is the main element of the beat that they wanna flow to because you could flow to the drums or the melody like a sing songy kinda rap or for the chorus. Some people see beats differently, look at Twista's Adrenaline Rush or Forever. Flowing is the individual's style of riding a beat. Like RZA nad Meth have distinctively different flows but i guess it comes with developing your style
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Emadyville » Feb 7th, '10, 20:29

Adam Quinn wrote:You can freestyle to learn how to ride the beat

I think that is one of the best ways to actually show people, just put on a beat and freestyle, and show different flows (speed-wise) and that's the best way to explain it. But like Ame and Chambers have real good explaniations as well
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Previous

Return to A.S. Lounge