The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Home Made Pop Filter

Re: Home Made Pop Filter

Postby DaKidLilj » Feb 7th, '10, 19:39

my boy made one with a hanger and pantyhose...idk much bout recording but that's what he used
Eminem - Infinite

Ayo, my pen and paper cause a chain reaction
To get your brain relaxing, a zany acting maniac in action
A brainiac in fact son, you mainly lack attraction
You look insanely whack when just a fraction of my tracks spun
My rhyming skills got you climbing hills
I travel through your mind into you spine like siren drills
I'm sliming grills of roaches, with sprayed on disinfectants
Twist the necks of rappers 'til their spinal column disconnects
DaKidLilj
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Spyder » Feb 7th, '10, 19:39

hmmm

a thin metal strip bended to a circle, maybe super glued together at the end
the some silk over one side, glue the edged to the metal strip. then figure out a way to mount it to your mic
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Spyder » Feb 7th, '10, 19:43

then yd u make this topic :coffee:
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Feb 7th, '10, 20:11

i got mine for like £7 they are pretty cheap anywae.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Feb 7th, '10, 20:16

Coleon wrote:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:i got mine for like £7 they are pretty cheap anywae.

yeah but I don't live anywhere near a place to get em

and also Bar, would you recommend protools?

can get them online.

and yes, protools is used in preffesional studio's and is the only prograame other than cubase you will see in a professional studio and is amazing to work with. it is truly the greatest recording programme out there imo.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Tash8 » Feb 7th, '10, 20:31

Adam Quinn wrote:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:and yes, protools is used in preffesional studio's and is the only prograame other than cubase you will see in a professional studio and is amazing to work with. it is truly the greatest recording programme out there imo.

why would you say that BAR lol :shocked2:

Honestly man, ProTools is way overrated. If you can afford it and you have the time to learn the ins and outs of it then go for it but if you don't, don't bother with it, it's complex even if oyu know what you're doing. If you have a pc Get Cubase or Samplitude. ProTools will not only cost you an arm and leg but it will take forever to set up and it will basically kill your computer. You have to basically get a whole new computer that's just for ProTools. and you have to buy their audio interface, at the cheapest that's 300 dollars.

If you don't have 3GB of RAM it won't even start and if you don't have an extra harddrive it won't even let you record. Plus, they've been putting out bad disc for about a year now so you'll have to register online and download it from their site which will take five hours, seriously. ProTools isn't worth the trouble unless you're a major artist really.

If you're buying ProTools your whole studio should be the shit. You need great SoundCards, real quality monitors, a great mic, plug ins out the ass, and most importantly you have to know what you're doing without a doubt.

I dunno what ur talking about man...pro tools is easy to learn if u have some prior knowledge of a audio editting software...my friend has protools and i was able to successfully record on my first time using it, i mean yes you'll have some difficulties but you will with every program..

but i definitely agree with everything else u said.. buying Protools with an mbox by itself is useless..most likely your computer won't be able to handle it... plus it'd be a waste.. pro tools needs a lot of other things to maximize its efficiency... so unless ur planning to have a real studio (as in a computer designated just for music) i would not get protools
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Spyder » Feb 7th, '10, 20:42

heres what i reccomend

got to radio shack and get a pop filter... thre isnt really a better pop filter than another one, as it only needs to block uneeded air.

get an easy program to work with like GoldWave or CoolEdit.
not difficult and does the job. if you dont like your own mixing make a rough draft and send it to someone who is better :smoking:
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Feb 7th, '10, 20:48

Adam Quinn wrote:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:and yes, protools is used in preffesional studio's and is the only prograame other than cubase you will see in a professional studio and is amazing to work with. it is truly the greatest recording programme out there imo.

why would you say that BAR lol :shocked2:

Honestly man, ProTools is way overrated. If you can afford it and you have the time to learn the ins and outs of it then go for it but if you don't, don't bother with it, it's complex even if oyu know what you're doing. If you have a pc Get Cubase or Samplitude. ProTools will not only cost you an arm and leg but it will take forever to set up and it will basically kill your computer. You have to basically get a whole new computer that's just for ProTools. and you have to buy their audio interface, at the cheapest that's 300 dollars.

If you don't have 3GB of RAM it won't even start and if you don't have an extra harddrive it won't even let you record. Plus, they've been putting out bad disc for about a year now so you'll have to register online and download it from their site which will take five hours, seriously. ProTools isn't worth the trouble unless you're a major artist really.

If you're buying ProTools your whole studio should be the shit. You need great SoundCards, real quality monitors, a great mic, plug ins out the ass, and most importantly you have to know what you're doing without a doubt.

coz it is the best recording software on the market, thats why its so popular thats why its so expensive, it is the best.

never said it was the easiest the easiest is cool edit pro 2.1 imo, but pro tools if the best by professional standards and its bein used to do detox, probly got used for relapse aswell, if is the one all professional studios have or are moving on to because its becomin better than the old best "cubase" .

if you were setting up a studio you would by a pro tools system its that simple.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Most-Hated » Feb 7th, '10, 21:14

I have a sock over my mic..

I guess I'm um how you say ghet-to?

harghhh :whistle:
she takes me on a journey, to a place called hell,
she showed where she stays, she show me where she dwells,
theres an errie saddness, commin from the room,
its as if its a funeral, but were all doomed,
death all around, but i feel more comfort,
blood rained skies, you could say im covered,
the feelin from her, is like no other
dont wanna say it, but the demon i love her
Most-Hated
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby gutawafang » Feb 8th, '10, 05:09

Most-Hated wrote:I have a sock over my mic..

I guess I'm um how you say ghet-to?

harghhh :whistle:

Good idea. :y:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to A.S. Lounge