The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

TR top 5 DOA

Re: TR top 5 DOA

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Feb 9th, '10, 03:21

Coleon wrote:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:i could be left out 1000 top 5's on this site but imma blow up alot faster than the top 5's on there, again why ? becuase im making moves in my country in my market in my style..thats happening for me just becuase people rap better than me on a internet forum is only half the topic, can they make there local aduaince turn out in a 500 strong crowd ? no because the hardly even try to make that happen, so fuck if ther emore lyrical have a better flow they aint moving crowd or building a fan base so really they aint better rappers coz without fans a rapper is nothing.

that's the most wrong thing I've ever read, if Rakim had 1 fan he'd still be better than Wayne

lies...and trust me i know rap im not a dumb mainstream head so dont think i am, but if back in the 80's/90's if rakim never rocked shows you think he would still be around ? NO! making fans move, getting audience's at shows that is what makes you a rapper, not having a dope lyrical song that a small group of people love that makes you a technically great artist of writing lyrics, but it doesnt make you a great rapper, a great rapper is a mixture. rakim had the mixture back in the day thats why he is still dope now he still has that loyal fanbase for what he did do..

but if your telling me a better RAPPER is the guy who cant rock a crowd you are plain and simple talking shit, MC = Master Of Ceremonies....cant rock a crowd your nothing as a rapper, im not saying lyricist here man im saying rapper..there is a difference.

you telling me a artist on here who has never done a live performance on here is a better rapper than me when ive performed to 500 people and had them bouncing then you lie..they may be technically better than me but im obviously better at rapping if i can move a crowd and they cant...lyrics dont come into rocking a crowd....

confidence
performence
lyrics
energy

^^ that all come into the mind when a rapper becomes a real rapper..alot of people on this site are dope but need that push into real rapping not making songs and posting them on a website but performing songs and making a fan base that want your music just as a fan not as a critic.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Tash8 » Feb 9th, '10, 03:27

All I'm sayin' is fans don't make you a better rapper

expect it does?

How do you define a good rapper? Maybe thats our issue you here. But to me, the more people you can affect, the GREATER you are.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Tash8 » Feb 9th, '10, 03:35

Coleon wrote:
Tash8 wrote:
How do you define a good rapper? Maybe thats our issue you here. But to me, the more people you can affect, the GREATER you are.

by how good you are :coffee:

and no

is Cryptic Wisdom better than OJ Da Juicemen? definetley, who has more fans?

fans equate success, success is important but does not equate skill

again...just cause a dude is famous, does not mean he has fans... who the fuck ever says they're a fan of OJ Da Juicemen? I have never heard one person say that they are...but I have heard of people who say they're a fan of Cryptic Wisdom.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Mr. Chambers » Feb 9th, '10, 03:38

,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:really cant be judged imo.

tash is one of the best rappers on this site no joke i rate tash over mcmaybe WHY ? i hear you ask, because hes better, he hasnt got it locked yet but i know hes better no offence to any rappers on this site but they find a style and stick with it, tash aint like that he is working on every aspect of every style and is waiting for the right time to blow up.

in all honesty id would expect tash to blow up before i would excepct say tom chambers or mc maybe to actually make anything with mreal money making life career hip hop, no offence to anyone thats just my perspective and thats all rap really is imo a percespective of the listener.

i could be left out 1000 top 5's on this site but imma blow up alot faster than the top 5's on there, again why ? becuase im making moves in my country in my market in my style..thats happening for me just becuase people rap better than me on a internet forum is only half the topic, can they make there local aduaince turn out in a 500 strong crowd ? no because the hardly even try to make that happen, so fuck if ther emore lyrical have a better flow they aint moving crowd or building a fan base so really they aint better rappers coz without fans a rapper is nothing.

but to hit it that way if you wanne get shallow about it my top 5 on this site i see making anything happen with there rap on this site is

tash
kez
mpulse
tom chambers
killa

yeh killa aint heer no more but he still will if he try's and i know that

the best rappers on this site as in technicality are

sajjad
mc maybe
aspirine
thomas agaunis (more older stuff no offence that mutli style was awesome but man)
tom chambers

vettori is trying hard and i think he will blow and has blow up to a certain degree so thats why im leaving him out. also steve spagg is on his way so i dont even need to mention him.

i only mention mpulse because although he is on his way i think he may have to wait a little longer than he should i dont know why i just think he will.

about the whole style shit......do you mean like flows.....or content?...cuz either way i can think of 3 others who are like that
and i like tash and all...but in no way is he top 5 here YET!....he has potential.....which means the skill is def there....it just needs to be sculpted and formed...you don't put a football player with enormous potential into the top 5 players of all time......i do believe he could make something outta it cuz his choruses are easily some of the best on here......

as for the part i bolded....no...that don't make people better rappers....and you really don't know what level everyone is at....i've turned down shows...just for pure fact i didn't want that shit at the time.....but past that....it doesn't make you a better rapper...means you got a better drive.....which is still something to be proud of.....but it doesn't make you a better rapper...

ok my top 5..hmmm

this isn't including me cuz i'm not an egotistical fuck

1. boston....i don't care....easily the best....might seem like i'm dick riding...but i don't care
2. M pulse....his flow is pretty good......
3. ronic.....when he ain't riding mainstream dick...he's pretty dam good....
4. ax....i still hold myself to this...not lyrical...but def makes good music..lots of emotion...
5. Vett.....i think once he irons out his style some..he'll be alright

and yes i heard soem of the older kats from here.....theres reasons why i didn't put them on the top 5.......but i ain't gonna give my reasons becuz i'ma just come out sounding like a hater........

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Feb 9th, '10, 04:23

Tash8 wrote:
Coleon wrote:
Tash8 wrote:

by how good you are :coffee:

and no

is Cryptic Wisdom better than OJ Da Juicemen? definetley, who has more fans?

fans equate success, success is important but does not equate skill

again...just cause a dude is famous, does not mean he has fans... who the fuck ever says they're a fan of OJ Da Juicemen? I have never heard one person say that they are...but I have heard of people who say they're a fan of Cryptic Wisdom.

My school loves OJ Da Juiceman. I was actually called a douche and a nerd for saying he was horrible.

Anyway my top 5 based purely on who i listen to the most and is the most enjoyable.

Tash-Memory Lane alone gets him here but i bump Let It Rain and A Lot to Learn alot to
Chambers
Mc Maybe
Mc Anonymous-I said Dead or alive, and hes dead so he counts
Sajjad
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 9th, '10, 04:29

1. KEZ
this guy is the only person that can capture the emotion on a 100%, its amazing how he makes you connect with his music and how he always puts a 110% effort into every single track, not to mention that his upcoming project will be probably the best album to ever hit TR... believe me

2. DELINQUENT
since its dead or alive, Delinquent, Damn man, if you are looking for songs about love or emotion this guy is unique at that. its amazing how he puts it all in every track, even tho he got a bit consumed by autotune, back in those days, damn man, simply amazing

3. SAJJAD
if youre a fan of underground shit, this dude got it locked. and what I respect the most about Sajjad is that he doesnt sell his style, he keeps to what he is good at. Sajjad can turn a wack beat into a monster just with the Majesty he brings in his voice and quality. and not to mention that he has helped around 80% of the rappers on this forum to improve their quality and other rapping stuff.

4. D-BEAU
now, if youre looking for excelent flow, amazing lyrics, everything that a "dope" rapper needs, this is the guy, he has everything that the lyrical artists like Mc Maybe or Vettori could have, with exclent recording quality, and in a hot fast flawless flow

5. C-RIZ
this guy has a passion, and has the ability to switch topics in a great way, plus he puts a love in his songs that few can match, the problem with him may be his pronunciation, bue he knows what he wants. and I dont think pronunciation is a problem when you got that love intro your music.

New Rappers who are growing into being the best ever on TR, is easy
-Tash (he is rediscovering himself)
-Tom Chmbers (oh this dude has passion, believe that homey, plus he has that style that people dig, fastly going into being great)
-Ironic (damn, this guy enjoys making his music, and thas what its all about)

Other Honorable mentions of people who I am actually a fan of, that I think are great too are
- Random Ghost
-Steve Spag
-Thomas Aguanis :worship: :worship:
-Sticcy Z
- Mc Anonymous
-Boston
- Vettori
- Spuzzy
- K Block
- Ruthless
- J-Blind

:worship: :worship:

people who I admire also but need a step up, which i beleive is coming soon...

- Gutawafang
- enjinn
- MPulse :o !!! (I think there is more than famous producers in rapping, but I do recognize the talent, althoughthe squeaquy voice makes me not digg him that much, but he can flow good)
- Kid Visionz
- Bar

But the best, best, best ever!!!!

Big Ax-D of course... that guy's a legend :whistle: j/k

EDIT: I forgot le tuna hahaha.... u need a better microphone. but I like what u got man, keep that shyte up :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby gutawafang » Feb 9th, '10, 06:44

Thanks Ax for the encouragement. :happy: I will do my best! :y:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Feb 9th, '10, 13:49

1. So Real - he made classics and has rhymes for days :worship: :worship: :worship:
2. Sajjad - the raw shit and B.A.R.A :worship: :worship:
3. Spizzy - its just spizzy...the multies and flows are so natural :worship: :worship: :worship:
4. Bar - Fuck The System Ep...nothing else to add :worship: :worship:
5. Big Ax-D - he puts so much effort and it pays off... :worship: :worship:

^no order except So Real on top :y:

honorable mentions: Vettori,Tash,Killa,MPulse,DBeau,McAnon,PikPocket,C-Game (yes i said it) uh yeah cant think of more right now :unsure:

thanks chet and ax :D
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Previous

Return to A.S. Lounge