The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How Much Does Image Matter?

How Much Does Image Matter?

Postby Tash8 » Feb 9th, '10, 03:30

Bar and I were talking about this for quite a while. To be successful, you obviously need a certain image.

Obie Trice had everything but he didn't' have this image, which is why he never reached critically acclaimed success.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Re: How Much Does Image Matter?

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Feb 9th, '10, 03:31

shit loads man, image style charisma its big players if you ever wanne make anything real out of rap.
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Requiem » Feb 9th, '10, 03:46

it is possibly the main reason people blow up. u gotta have an image and stick with it. i've only just recently been working on an image. cuz u can't come from a nerdy basic white background and come out like Lil' Wayne, and i know people who've done that.
also image helps you connect to fans, and image is also about marketabality. think about it, can your name/image sell?
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Spyder » Feb 9th, '10, 04:08

it matters because people need something to look at while hearing the music. why do you think half of the female singers are in the business they are in...

people may look at someone and automatically base an opinion right then and there, obviously if its a negative one, there goes a fan.

Asher Roth doesnt look like he raps... therefor people dont tune into him to get rap music.

alot of the reason why people get signed or not, it sucks but the world is based on image in everything
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Feb 9th, '10, 13:55

best example of image-fame is Lady Gaga....
its just her dressing style,her penis...
umm i agree with cole here on the RA example...you dont need a image to get your game out there
of course an image is usefull when you want to be worldwide famous...
depends on what YOU want YOURSELF...i would never put on a fake image just to be more famous..
i would be happy if i reach an average amount of fame without an big act of image... :y:
hope i didnt go off topic
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Postby Tornado » Feb 13th, '10, 20:50

Kinda depends..I think Obie wasn't original enough to stand out solo and didnt slide under any generic stereotype. Plus they chose a weird 1st Single IMO.

I mean for commercial sucess you need image nowadays but there's only two images nowadays which is why Em is strong cos he's unique. Others like Redman never had a image to define him to but yeh in his raps he has charisma so you undoubtibally know it's him but Image isn't everything...Image and Money can make a artist "hot"

For anything Poppy/R&B ish it's essential. There are countless stories of great singers being in the background. Well, until they invented autotune
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Return to A.S. Lounge