The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Live Shows

Re: Live Shows

Postby AbramIsaac » Feb 10th, '10, 01:57

Live shows are awesome if you have a good crowd.

My first live performance was at a birthday party for a friend. Nothing too crazy, but I did it. It was kind of awkward, her parents were there, and I couldn't get into it as much as I wanted to. However, they all seemed to like it, people kind of got into it, and it was a good start.

My second live performance was in this warehouse. It was kind of like a rave. There were well over a hundred people up in there, and rock/metal type bands had been playing for a couple of hours. That was primarily the audience, anyway. Well, I was the last person to go up, and I tore the place down, if I do say so myself. The microphones were all mic'd for screamo type shit, so I had to run my vocals hot, but the energy was crazy. All of the people were within five feet of me, and they were jumping.

It was really crazy. There was another one of those "raves" a month or so later. There were fewer people, but it was still a good show. I felt like a million bucks, for real.

I haven't done a live performance in quite some time. I'm thinking that if I get good enough with the guitar, I'll be hitting up the open mics in the college bars and shit this summer.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby gutawafang » Feb 10th, '10, 03:01

I love performing.

My first time performing was STAN during a school carnival. I rapped in front of strangers. And before I sang the song, I said "this song is dedicated to Rachel". LOL

Second time was Cleaning out my closet, on teacher's day. Before I started the song, I said "this song is dedicated to Rachel" and I changed the chorus to "I'm sorry Rachel, I never meant to hurt you". LOL

Then I stopepd performing until I realize I can beatbox. My friend taught me how to. LOL

Then I performed for my current school. Big event it was and I was like, the GRAND OPENING for the shit. I rapped 90 percent of the time because I was not pro in beatbox. LOL. I performed Boom boom pow, right round, smack that, the way i are.

Then a few weeks later, I performed for my country's official iphone launch for one of the telecommunications company. I beatbox 50 percent of the time, and rapped the rest.

I also performed for my school a few more times after that. I just keep performing. I like performing.

:happy:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby AbramIsaac » Feb 10th, '10, 03:14

gutawafang wrote:I love performing.

My first time performing was STAN during a school carnival. I rapped in front of strangers. And before I sang the song, I said "this song is dedicated to Rachel". LOL

Second time was Cleaning out my closet, on teacher's day. Before I started the song, I said "this song is dedicated to Rachel" and I changed the chorus to "I'm sorry Rachel, I never meant to hurt you". LOL

Then I stopepd performing until I realize I can beatbox. My friend taught me how to. LOL

Then I performed for my current school. Big event it was and I was like, the GRAND OPENING for the shit. I rapped 90 percent of the time because I was not pro in beatbox. LOL. I performed Boom boom pow, right round, smack that, the way i are.

Then a few weeks later, I performed for my country's official iphone launch for one of the telecommunications company. I beatbox 50 percent of the time, and rapped the rest.

I also performed for my school a few more times after that. I just keep performing. I like performing.

:happy:

You know, guta, you should really push forward with this stuff.

Singapore doesn't exactly have a booming hip hop scene yet, and you could push yourself out into the limelight and take advantage of the fact that the market isn't saturated yet.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby gutawafang » Feb 10th, '10, 03:15

^ Yeah man. :happy:

thanks for the support. :)

I will push further in beatboxing. :D
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby AbramIsaac » May 10th, '10, 04:51

Good point, Knight.

So, has anyone else had any experience performing live?

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Tranquil » May 10th, '10, 10:00

i performed my new freestyle Shutterbug tonight, at a contest thing... because i had never performed before it was intense, but i just imagined there was no croud there, and i fucking OWNED that shit, when i got of stage people were asking me if i have a mixtape out :smoking: it was a good experience, i def will do it again when the opportunity rises :D
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby AbramIsaac » May 11th, '10, 21:55

EminemIsLegend wrote:i performed my new freestyle Shutterbug tonight, at a contest thing... because i had never performed before it was intense, but i just imagined there was no croud there, and i fucking OWNED that shit, when i got of stage people were asking me if i have a mixtape out :smoking: it was a good experience, i def will do it again when the opportunity rises :D

That's great. Interact with the crowd though, especially if it's a close-to-the crowd type of set up.

I was talking to the people before each song, asking them questions and all of that.

It was a great experience.

AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Tranquil » May 12th, '10, 02:44

AbramIsaac wrote:
EminemIsLegend wrote:i performed my new freestyle Shutterbug tonight, at a contest thing... because i had never performed before it was intense, but i just imagined there was no croud there, and i fucking OWNED that shit, when i got of stage people were asking me if i have a mixtape out :smoking: it was a good experience, i def will do it again when the opportunity rises :D

That's great. Interact with the crowd though, especially if it's a close-to-the crowd type of set up.

I was talking to the people before each song, asking them questions and all of that.

It was a great experience.

torwards the end i interacted with the crowd.. i would def do it again, lol
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Tornado » May 12th, '10, 12:46

For college work, i've performed live at various places (Newcastle, Leicster, College). and i actually have footage of part of the performance of a track called "Unstereotypical Me" that i will upload soon when the tape is done.

I got to admit, apart from my other classmates, most of the cfrowd look like they never heard anyting urban before, like they were sitting down throughout so crowd make a massive difference
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Return to A.S. Lounge