The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What Inspires You & What Style Are You Aiming For?

Re: What Inspires You & What Style Are You Aiming For?

Postby Mr. Chambers » Feb 19th, '10, 19:01

DelinQuent wrote:
Coleon wrote:I need something to help me get inspired to do audio, I think the empty house in the summer will help, I really wanna be decent at this shit.

&

the style I wanna aim for is meaningful songs, not punchline bullshit or be a hardass or anything, I want to have my writing stick out in my audio, hopefully it all works out

that is EXACTLY what i go for. i don't wanna be the most lyrical, i don't wanna have the dopest punchlines. I wanna make a song that you can feel within you, something that can hit home for people.

that's why i do a lot of love songs, people who have significant others can relate to it. it's also why i do songs about being sad/upset/generally feeling down, because that's something EVERYONE can relate to.

But every now and then it's fun to do a more upbeat/club track that people can have a good time listening to.

to me...theres only so many love songs you can make b4 it starts becoming.....un-personal....before it sounds like your just going threw the motions...i've made like 5 love songs my whole life....1 of them will never be heard by anyone but me and who it was made for....plus love is kind of a new emotion for me to experience....so i can't really write about it too much....

i feel you about the being sad/upset part...i feel that shit regular......so propz on you not being afraid to put yourself out there and not afraid to get the "emo" label...sadly i've earned that...and i don't even do many "emo" songs imo.....

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » Feb 19th, '10, 19:41

I want to do something that is original.

I'm trying to break past the tired concepts that come to mind when one begins to make music. I want to blend styles that aren't normally blended, and be successful in making it appealing to the ears. I don't need to be famous, or make money from it--though I would certainly like to. I plan to go by the "pay-what-you-want" model with the next album; people can give me what they can afford to, even if it's nothing at all.

Beyond that, basic licensing through ASCAP or whatever seems like a practical goal. However, my direction in style may not be suitable for the mediums that generally utilize music licensing. That's okay too.

I'm aiming to make something that people know when they hear it that it's my style, and comparisons are a little more difficult than they might have been had I went with a simpler mode of making music.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Yah-hah » Feb 24th, '10, 21:25

You know I have plenty of things to inspire me. Just my culture is a huge part of my inspiration, everyone whos seen me write can tell you that. I've been through so much shit in my life, bein paralyzed and doin heroin, I got shit on my mind. My inspiration is mostly whichever form of it is in my head at the moment.

My style is really personal. I'm real big on multis and my flow will show that. I'm a really chill person in real life, until I'm playin football/fighting then I get a really aggressive voice, alot of anger behind it. Thats how I get when I rap a non-personal song. But I have alot of emotion in my voice, I use that as a big tool. I even get a little native accent in my voice when I rap lol. But for now my main intentions are to get my shit out at the Pow wows. I feel this is my best shot and it's where my passion is. I want my people to voice themselves better ya know. Idk I know it seems a bit childish. But I have always had this dream of me bein the big voice for Natives. It just means alot to me that my people are seen in a more positive manner.

"Red hand I use to reach deep in my dark quiver,
Arrow so big the fuckin bones in ya arm splinter
Fuckin crazy I'll stick my hand throgh ya hearts center,
With sharp scissors the words Native Pride gets carved in her,
"-Yah-hah

Trimss wrote:Your dog is cute, your tattoo fucking rocks, you can fight and your baby have a big dick.
Your life is cool bro lol :y:

Nundea Mekeze comin soon May 4th
Yah-hah
Renegade
Renegade

Previous

Return to A.S. Lounge