The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Unknown LP (ALBUM) D. Dubs

Re: The Unknown LP (ALBUM) D. Dubs

Postby dR3 » Nov 6th, '10, 22:13

Thanks!!!

Edit: Undead and Rock The Crowd are still corrupt. :(
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby Block » Nov 7th, '10, 01:37

Mr. Chambers wrote:^ooohh will you come be an asshole in my thread next =)

albums don't need to be sold, thats a ludicrous statement. thats a common myth. an album needs to be 100% original, and needs to be given 150% of your effort if not more. Needs the time, blood, sweat and tears to keep the listener intrigued. and i know he put in a 12 hour studio session, which is something i won't/couldn't do, so i'm sure he put his time into it. your thinking far to political about the terms instead of being in the music....
no beef, just sayin....

i d/l, i'ma listen tonight when i'm home from work b... :y:

You're trying to be philosophical and you're arguing semantics. Yes, that may sound hypocritical in light of my first post but you know what I'm talking about. An album needs a lot more work into it than throwing a few songs together and posting it on a website. Where's the promotion? Where's the the physical copies? Where's the mastering? Where's the instrumental leases? Where's the shows being booked?

These things are essential for an album in order to get your name out. Otherwise you're stuck throwing songs together for notoriety on an obscure website; Thus becomming another anonymous internet rapper with no name. Feel me? And a 12 hr studio session isn't a lot.

I didn't want to hijack his thread. As I said, he's a good artist. But ya'll throw the term 'album' around and use it way too loosely.
For $5...
Block
Renegade
Renegade

Location: Tried to die young with my true love; ended up a millionaire

Postby B.A.D. » Nov 7th, '10, 02:09

^^^^^

I agree on the promotion, physical cospes, and shows.... cuz thats an actual part of album making. however, not on the rest. (well, the instrumental leases are for your own security, but I dont have problem with that since I make my own beats). all the rest which is the technical aspect, your confusing it with the diference between an album and an LP.

album is just the slang name we use for the Long Player Cd's.... cuz album means collection... a colleciton of songs.... but in the hip hop world we can use it also to distinguish the effort between just thowing tracks together as a mixtape. or recording tracks specifically with an aimed topic for an album

the next piece I'm dropping maybe on january or december is an album, cuz I do have promotion, physical copies, I have HQ covers and back covers, its 19 tracks, and I'm even traveling back to mexico to get them shows done... however, I couldn't have it mastered. that doesnt mean its demeritting myself. cuz its not just a mixtape, I been working on that since March. but the point of it all is that its not how much money it costs, but how it is presented.

I agree that a small 10 track tape like this maybe can't fit on the category, but like chambers said, its more of the love and effort you put in it than just the mainstream moves to get paid. (which at the end of the day fucks the whole rap game up)

its people with that "money" mentality that has fucked it up. :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Emadyville » Nov 7th, '10, 05:09

It's an album, I titled it The Unknown LP for many reasons, can the pointless comments please stop in the thread, leave feedback or don't comment, don't ruin this thread. Thanks. And yeah Kez don't worry man I will, I've been wanting to for awhile but my time on here has been limited lately, partly do to recording this album haha, and chambers I'ma get you too don't worry, and Ax when yours drops you know I will for that too.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby B.A.D. » Nov 7th, '10, 05:17

Emadyville wrote:It's an album, I titled it The Unknown LP for many reasons, can the pointless comments please stop in the thread, leave feedback or don't comment, don't ruin this thread. Thanks. And yeah Kez don't worry man I will, I've been wanting to for awhile but my time on here has been limited lately, partly do to recording this album haha, and chambers I'ma get you too don't worry, and Ax when yours drops you know I will for that too.

hahaha, sorry bout that bro, I just wanted to share my input on the discussion lol

but yeah, I already downloaded it, but I wont listen until thursday that I have a 17 hour flight from Sydney to Los Angeles lmao. so I'll appreciate it there and will drop feed when I come by a computer :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Mr. Chambers » Nov 7th, '10, 05:34

writing this while listening

undead-i like this as a start..lots of energy.....the hook is pretty cool...verse 2 starts off sooooo fucking piff....in fact it completely overshadows your 1st verse....makes the 1st seem silly..and prolly your best flow i've ever heard from you... :y:
Unknown-i think i heard this......but i'll feed...i like the start of this....chorus was pretty cool but kinda catchy...the flow is pretty solid on this....lyrics are pretty good...i think the 2nd verse was the overall best on this song again lol..but its overall good...and solid all around
Stream of Unconsciousness-beat is sick...got to be honest....but the flow isn't too appeasing to me on this one...just didn't seem as smooth as the previous 2 tracks.......oh wait in the 2nd its kinda picking up...its better......lyrics are cool......i like what you did with it....i didn't like the chorus.....not enough layers..so it sounded really empty when it needed to sound more full....3rd verse is the better of the 3 verses..not really a "great" song...just kind of average
i've told myself-i fed this already i think lol
thats a rap-also left feed
gonna be alright-kinda like the beat its like a guilty pleasure....chorus i don't know if its you singing..if it is...pretty sick..if not...oh well...lol....the flow seemed to drag to be honest...shoulda had a faster paced flow..and there were a couple times where you dragged syllables out to keep up....lyrics were okish....i wouldn't of put this on here...wasn't that good compared to the other tracks
Treadmill-i really like this beat...got like a "Dre"/eminem-ish feel to it.....your flow is on point on this one..this is the type of tempo your flow matches....lyrics are pretty dope on this one...this is prolly my favorite song on this....so dope shit...the only thing i can really fault is the chorus...its only an average one to me...
final battle...chorus i think is the first few lines..if so....pretty bad to be honest lol........very just not catchy..hard to follow...the beat...is confusing....i like it yet i don't think i could ever spit to it...your flow was okish on this...lyrics were cool..nothing mind blowing...DQ outshined you on this one tbh.....he came type dope :y: ...he just had a more appealing verse..i dunno what it was..but i was nodding my head when his verse came on....the 2nd part of the 3rd verse was more enjoyable of you
rock the crowd-chorus was good...beat is pretty nice....but gets kind of boring....flow...i dunno how i feel....its good in spots...but in other spots its really just boring....i mean it wasn't technically bad...but it didn't really keep me really interested...to me just wasn't a really interesting song imo
The One-guessing this will be a love song lol....that lets gooooo is annoying as fuck...and its a love song lol...sorry but its way too predictable....it was kind of catchy and bouncy tho which i guess is what you want for a "clubby" song......

ok so my overall feedback
pro's-lyrically you seem to be pretty much settled....and with the right tempo your style is pretty unique and intriguing...first half of the CD was overall good
con's-your choruses aren't really that good...seems like you just throw them in to eat time....not really the most catchiest...2nd half of the CD was pretty average at best....you need more change in subjects and flow...especially if you plan on sending this to labels....they wanna hear if you can change up and shit....

overall....not bad..i wouldn't really call this an album....cuz its just kind of thrown together...theres no real "flow" through each song..seems more like a mixtape...you got the talent..i just think you need some more practice with your technique and just putting projects together....

hope to hear more from you in the future :y:

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Nov 7th, '10, 06:08

Thanks chambers, appreciate the feed a lot. Hopefully I can explain some shit about the songs, but first the whole "album" argument since you weren't the first to bring it up. I was originally gunna do an ep since I was hittin a studio, but then I started writing enough and decided to make an album. What I went for was different types if songs: Undead-Angry sorta feel. Unknown-Cocky Losing it- Love song Stream of Unconsciousness-Just crazy lyrics, crazy concept. i've Told Myself-Personal. That's a Rap-laid back, lyrical. Gonna Be Alright-Party track. Treadmill-Cool concept to go with cocky/lyrical. Final Battle-Concept of us "battling" the game, not each other. Rock the Crowd-Pump up song. The One-was sent to me for his mixtape, so I added as a bonus track lol. So when I was making this, it was an album to me, I didn't just put random songs together, there was thought and reason for doing each of these songs, and to me it's not a mixtape cause I put everything I had into this, and I paid a lot of money for the quality (as in studio time). So that's for everyone in terms of my response.

As for your feed;
Undead, I wanted to go with 2 different feels for the verses, which is why I think the second stood out more, it was more my pace, but I've been trying to switch flows more, so that's what I was doing.
Stream of Unconsciousness, I went for a few things on this. For one, random as lyrics, obviously for the concept. The flow I tried to be more laid back, and the 2nd verse you liked was me switching flows for the previous reason I stated, and my delivery was meant to be where it sounds kinda serious, in order to make the lyrics funnier when you hear them.
Gonna Be Alright, party track, which is what I went for, not my normal style but I wanted to test the waters and expand my range in terms of content. Not me on the hook lol, I can’t sing for shit. I thought this was pretty fast paced, so I’m not sure what you meant by a more fast paced flow, but that’s just me lol.
Treadmill, I’m glad you liked this, I got this concept when I heard the beat, and I enjoyed writing this.
Final Battle, this concept, and the hook itself, was meant so the listener would think DQ and I were “battling” each other, until you get to the last verse. And DQ’s verse was dope, I told him this, and his voice mixed very well with this beat, and I do agree that he outshined me on this, he just sounded much better. My verse I went for the change of flow and was trying to sound more raw than anything, so I hope that came across as such.
Rock the Crowd, this was my outro, the pump up song to end the album on a high note. I really tried to just ride the beat, and since it was only 2 verses just switched my rhymes structure for the second verse instead of switching the flow, I felt that flow fit the style of beat too well to do anything else.
The One, a bonus track for a reason lol, he sent me that for his mixtape, so I added it as a bonus, and I didn’t want to do a similar verse about a girl I saw at the club, I wanted to tell a story and talk about him since it was his track.

You also commented on the hooks, as for them, I normally hated doing them, always tried to get beats with hooks, so for me doing 6 outta 10 songs with my own hook was a big step. So a lot of these were learning experiences more than anything, but I was extrememly pleased with the hooks on unknown, that’s a rap, and rock the crowd.

Thanks again for the feed, and I’m gunna dl and feed yours when I know have a solid block of time to listen and feed, so when I get that I will def feed your mixtape, should be no later than Monday!

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Emadyville » Nov 7th, '10, 06:13

Solace wrote:Did you title it that because you had no better name? Lol

I titled it the unknown lp for a few reasons;

1. The first track for this album was 'unknown" and the concept of that and the hook is the main reason, that no matter what I say or do on a song I'm still unknown
2. In the bigger picture, as an artist I'm unknown
3. For the first studio record I've done, while it's a big step, the future for me because of this album is unknown
4. Finally, I liked the whole idea of being unknown and yet still doing an album, cause in reality I'm not really unknown cause people listen, yet I still basically am. Plus, when I thought about it, I actually liked that title lol

hope that explained it and showed I didn't just have nothing to name it :sweating:

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Mr. Chambers » Nov 7th, '10, 07:01

on that one fast paced song (i forget the name...sorry i'm dead exhausted) i meant that a faster flow with lots of internal rhymes would of fit it better then what you had...

and i know what you mean...and i am by no means trying to say i'm a hook expert, becuz its kind of the last thing on my mind...but you shouldn't worry about "lyrical" ability so much...but delivery, emphasis, and congruency...thats just a common problem i had to experience and i think your going through the same...try focusing more on those then lyrics...

like i said....you got the talent...but from a LISTENER's stand point (or maybe just mine i dunno) it could of been much better...there were times i was like "if he did this...then it woulda made this shit sick" ...i just really i guess expected more from this....and i don't want to say it was a let down...cuz like i said it wasn't bad....but it def didn't meet my expectations i set....i'm not trying to rain on your parade...cuz i know the work involved...but i would really consider this just as like a demo for the masses and not a demo for record labels...i REALLY think you can do alot better then this and show more sides of yourself then what you gave in this album....i mean i would NEVER give a label a mixtape like "Suck it Bitch Vol. II" cuz its kinda one sided and was more fun...i'd give them something that would show off me as a person...while still showing the writing abilities i have....i just don't want you to think i'm "hating" or anything....but i could see you doing better...and i know i've had that whole...first impact feel..like "oh i made this album....this is so sick" then 3-4 weeks later throw it on and its like "dam....i could tried this for this song...or switched this with that song" type of shit....sorry i'm ranting...but anyways...if you plan on still sending this out to labels (which you obviously shouldn't stop becuz of one person's viewpoint lol) then i wish you the best... :y:

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AjAMz BoY » Nov 7th, '10, 07:29

dR3 wrote:

Thanks!!!

Edit: Undead and Rock The Crowd are still corrupt. :(

Yup.
AjAMz BoY
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby dR3 » Nov 7th, '10, 19:13

Unknown - already fed that
Losing It - already fed that
Stream Of Unconsciousness - pretty nice, laid-back song, I like the beat. Only slight downside is the lack of emotion on the hook
I've Told Myself - already fed that
That's A Rap - already fed that
Gonna Be Alright - don't like this one at all, the beat is too poppy, and the hook is horrible
Treadmill - another awesome laid-back track, great concept as well
Final Battle - another great song, I think DQ did better on this one. Only downside is the hook again, I expected it to be way more energetic when I first heard the beat
The One - even worse than Gonna Be Alright, it's just not my cup of tea

Overall, great tape, the good tracks make up for the bad ones. There are 5-6 songs I would frequently bump.

Keep it up!
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby Solace » Nov 7th, '10, 20:09

I'm not one for long feedback bro, but all I can say is this is a great album and it will definitely keep getting played. Straight to my iPod! Keep up the great work, Ill pass this around to some friends if I can. :y:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Emadyville » Nov 8th, '10, 02:05

Thanks Dr3, I gotta get you undead and rock the crowd, rock the crowds on my myspace tho if you see this before later when I load em both :y:

Solace thanks man appreciate everything :worship:

ANd chambers I hear you man, thanks for all your feed, I'ma get your shit tonight :b:

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Xray » Nov 8th, '10, 04:53

Downloaded. Can't wait to peep this. Should be fire. :smoking:
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Emadyville » Nov 8th, '10, 05:46

Xray wrote:Downloaded. Can't wait to peep this. Should be fire. :smoking:

Dope, thanks :y:

some people didn't get undead or rock the crowd, so here's the links just in case you dont get them either:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/82465907f15e8470/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/82466103dd01e3da/

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

PreviousNext

Return to A.S. Collections