The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

→ BIG AX-D - DIE A KING [album] ←

Re: → BIG AX-D - DIE A KING [album] ←

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 7th, '11, 01:08

@Satan's Chef - Thanks a lot bro, I appreciate the track by track feed, thank you very much :worship: :worship: :worship: I appreciate your comments and feedback on the songs, plau I'm glad you liked it, thank you very much for taking the time to listen & sharing your thoughts :worship: :worship: :flower:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 22nd, '11, 06:21

ahemm :shifty:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Kez » May 8th, '11, 06:25

Die a King:
I really love how you opened the album. I love how the intro "sounds" like the album cover. The sea and seagull sounds and everything, really blends in with the image of it lol. Just thought that was cool that the detail was taken to think about it.
The beat is sick. Some dark but energetic shit.
The chorus works fine, very pacey.
The callback to I Am King is perfectly placed as well, creates a very self-aware feel, like it has it's own mythos about it.
This song gives me a more closing feel, it feels more like the kind of song that would go at the end but equally putting it here gives the suggestion that there is more to come despite the song's contents.

Immortal:
The sample sounds great, the beat is really chilled and feels more like the introductory song.
You kick off the verse great in terms of flow, very smooth
Your flow is pretty
The hook was chosen very well, what with the reference to "kings" and such
The hook is extremely well implemented, it sounds like it was recorded for the actual beat. And if that's you saying "immortal" in the background, again very well blended. Most don't realise how much effort it takes to sample a hook into a beat smoothly.
I liked the lyrics a lot too.
This track has a very relaxing feel to listen to, but it's good that you didn't just fill the track with nonsense lyrics, cause the vibe of the beat would certainly make it easy to have them fly over someone's head if they were just casually listening.

One Last Breath:
Starts off very interestingly, sounds like a breathing machine. Perhaps this ties in to the "immortal" thing, with old age n shit? I dunno
The hook sounds great, I like especially the end of it. Like despite the amount of time you've been there your time aint over yet and they will fall before you.
I aint gonna write "like the lyrics" on every song because that would just get old fast, so yeah. I liked the "the world keeps chasing, ima just run" especially, feels like it fits what I was talking about above well. Running away from death.

Superhero:
You have always been one of the few on TR who can make mainstream style club songs and make them sound good. I Am King will always be my favourite one of these type of songs, but this is certainly no exception.
Even though these aren't my types of songs, i've listened to this one quite a lot more than some others. It's very catchy, that's the only way to really describe it.
The concept isn't anything incredibly unique by any means but you pull it off well. The hook is dope. Really the fact I can enjoy a song like this shows it was done well.

Fallout:
This was a decent track, the beat is very melodic, I just found it a bit harder to get into. It just wasn't really my kind of thing. The beat does sound quite chaotic, which fits the name. The lyrics seem to focus more on bragging kinda stuff haha, which fits the beat very well actually. I suppose I got apocalyptic connotations from the name of the song, but it's still a good song. I just haven't re-listened to this one as much as others.

Hear Me Now:
Left feed on this before in the thread I believe

Problematic:
One of my favourite songs on the album and one of my favourites by you in fact. I remember when you used to have girls help sing on your hooks and stuff, so when you say "I had to autotune your verse" I actually laugh cause I remember that shit haha. But this is a fuckin dope track in general. I love the concept first, all the club songs you do this is the other side of it. I love that you went into this. Even how the verse starts is brilliant haha, "I'd die to be your wife" and all this shit. The beat fits it perfectly, lively yet slightly dark. Hook is awesome. This is really insightful stuff too, which I like a lot, cause it's like looking at it without tinted-glasses that songs like Superhero use. "I don't mean to be a jerk, well, I kinda do, so, still i'm gonna flirt". This is just a dope song. I like the bridge, and Chambers did great on it too. I just really enjoyed his verse, I don't really know what to say. I like how he kept it relevant, talking about the groupie bitches and shit. I dunno what else to really say, one of my favourite tracks on the album. Listened to this one a hell of a lot.

Inside My Head:
Loving the intro with the beat, gets really good when it kicks in.
I like how it's very abstractly produced, with the instrumental break in the middle and such. Gives the impression of the inside of your head being scrambled, which fits well with the talk of how "wrong is in the right" and everything like that. I feel that you've kept a pretty great order so far too, actually, with it starting off lively and only now at track 8 starting to get deeper. Works well.

Brooklyn, Hollywood:
I wasn't really a fan of this one lol. The beat reminds me of Sunshine Blvd, so obviously it's well produced. It's, again, very chilled. But the song just bored me with what it's about and everything. Just personal taste. Still good for what it is.

What I Know:
Not really a huge fan of this beat at first; it sounds a bit better when it kicks in and you add the other parts of it, but still. The hook is surprisingly dope considering the beat doesn't really offer any obvious scope for a melody. Best thing about the track easily. The rest of the track is more of the same, I enjoyed it but the beat sounds kinda 808'y for me and I didn't get into this one as much. Still your flow killed it. I dunno if referencing Anon (and therefore TR) was such a good idea though lol, it kinda distracted me a bit. But yeah, w.e haha

Flawless Mics (feat. Sajjad):
The beat fits the track perfectly, sounds like something Sajjad himself would produce.
Sajjad absolutely killed the track, there is really nothing to say. I loved it. His delivery is always shining, and the lyrics themselves were awesome. The hook fits great, sounds very manic and angry when the notes occasionally trail off. Ax your lyrics fit the track perfect too, you and Sajjad obviously hit the same concept on the song which is good. The "bridge" or w.e. with the darker voice was great too. This was always gonna be a dope song so there aint much surprise.

She Likes It Dirty:
Sorry haha I just couldn't stand this song. The beat reminds me of What I Know but even more garbled. And the song itself just didn't interest me, so this is just one that aint for me.

Focus:
Beat sounds kinda like Breathe haha, if Breathe had been produced by you and had more time taken into it. Sounds dope. Loving the hook. Love the references to locusts, fits the theme very well. Some of the deepest lyrics on this track, I love it. Your flow is smooth as always, your delivery sounds aptly lowkey for the beat. I love this track haha, and like I say it's good that you can space out the deep tracks with more entertaining stuff so well. That's something you always have done well. It makes it very refreshing when you do actually get to the serious stuff. I like how you ended the beat quickly, as though you came back down to reality.

Dreamers:
That drum annoys me haha, but you flow really really well on the beat. I didn't really get into this track all that much though. The hook sounds very different to the verses. They don't really sound massively related. This was an alright track I just didn't get into it so much haha.

Whos Looking:
The beat is aight. C-Riz's delivery has got clearer, which is good. Referencing an Em song probably aint the best idea either since we're from an Eminem forum haha. But that don't bother me, i'm jus thinking of what ignorant people will try and say. Lyrics aint really anything particularly complex but he did alright. Hook was real good, the song concept just aint really my type of thing. Jay's flow was pretty dope, the executive producer rhyme was good. But like I say this kinda song just aint for me.

Light Me Up:
Dope beat. I like the uplifting feel of it. I love the concept you're going for with this. Keeping it alive to the end. The hook is fuckin awesome, I love how you overlayed it. Your delivery is addictive, goes great with the beat and creates a real head-nodding song. Real enjoyable. Haha damn man, referencing me, great placement actually since i'm on the next track. Really love this track.

Just One:
Well you already know what I think about this, awesome track haha. We got better though :shifty:

Lost and Confused:
Your final tracks always have a lot to live up to, what with Learn To Forget being my all-time favourite. This didn't dissapoint though. Really it's a good thing that you saved a truly deep song for the very final track. As always, the sample is really well sampled. Love that "two verses will deal with half and three verses not enough", that was awesome. Shattering the "standard" song structure. Your lyrics are captivating on this, shit to pay attention to. I like the fact that you didn't sing along with the entirety of the hook, gives the impression that you're responding to it and what it says, especially since you talk about love a lot and it's addressing "my love". Some real deep shit here. The last 4 bars of the second verse especially were fuckin awesome. The ending is fucking deep too. Man I love this track. :worship: The way you cut it off was surprising too, which I think works very well, implying you died unexpectedly perhaps.

Overall:
What can I say? I'm a prick for taking so long to feed this :p But I wanted to give it the time it deserves, cause this is an album with a concept which is something that TR lacks. Not just a collection of tracks, thought was put into it. As always your pacing of tracks is exquisite; you manage to keep it fresh and make the deep tracks stand out twice as much by juxtaposing them with the complete opposite. I love what the album ultimately stands for (as summed up in Lost and Confused), really there aint much I can say. I loved it. Dope shit man. And yes, I have listened to tracks from this album in my day-to-day life a lot, just in general, like on my mp3 player and shit. This aint just all been written up in one night so that I can finally post it. I do genuinely listen to it like I do any other music, as I do with your other albums (and most TR music for that matter)

Awesome shit. Can't wait for the next one :b:
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby B.A.D. » May 8th, '11, 06:54

well kez.... it was worth the wait I must say... probably the best review I have ever gotten from any of my albums. and Im really glad you liked it man... thanks a fucking bunch for taking the time to actually do this lol, and sorry for the pressure, but I wanted to see what u thought lmao.... damn man thanks again for the insightful feedback.. I love how you really understand the concept of the songs, I get to be very methaphorical at points so I guess its hard to understand... but lol.. like the Autotune your voice on the hook line and shit, u know my stories and stuff so u actually know what Im talking about lmao... thanks again man, I'm really glad you liked it :worship: :worship: :worship:

I hope Afterlife can continue this well... but for now... TMA baby :shifty:

thanks bro :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby mdemaz » May 8th, '11, 07:08

This album is officially a classic now..It's infamous.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » May 12th, '11, 10:11

mdemaz wrote:This album is officially a classic now..It's infamous.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Previous

Return to A.S. Collections