The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

→ BIG AX-D - DIE A KING [album] ←

Re: → BIG AX-D - DIE A KING [album] ←

Postby Tash8 » Jan 25th, '11, 06:43

Big Ax-D wrote:Tash. thanks for your feed I appreciate you take the time to listen, write a short review, and share your thoughts. thanks man, although it seems that you are not enjoying it. Try to pay more attention to the message instead of the technical aspects, you'll have a better time listening to it :

naw i am enjoying it...but it's like, this is how much i enjoy it... |--|, but this is how much i can enjoy it it |----------------------------| if you fix just a few slight things, and if you've seen all my negative comments are all minor complaints..so don't get me wrong, my review might focus more on wat you can fix though.

anyways, i'll hopefully finish the feed thsi weekend.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Jan 27th, '11, 03:57

:sweating: thanks man :y:
I appreciate that
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Sam. » Jan 31st, '11, 12:04

Sorry for the late feed ,i was outta town but i took your album with me, gave it a nice a full listen .
TBH i am lazy when it comes to giving feed so bare with me.
01.Die a king
Lyrics:3.5/5
Beat:3/5
Flow:5/5
Overall:A real pro approach,great intro perfect blend of voice with the beat.

02.Immortal
Lyrics:4/5
Beat:2/5
Flow:4/5
Overall:Ran outta words.

03.One Last Breath
Lyrics:
Beat:5/5
Overall:Outstanding track.

04.Superhero
Lyrics:5/5
Overall:My personal fav, everything from the start to the end was flawless, maybe the first song of the album that has maximum replays by me,nice singing at the end ,lol.

05.Fallout
Lyrics:2.5/5
Flow:3.5/5
Overall:Sounded like an eminem song at the outset,didn't like the hook(sorry).

06.Hear Me Now
Lyrics:4/5
Beat:4.5/5
Overall:The intro was a classic,heard it when u released it and it immegiately became my instant fav.

07.Problematic.
Beat:4/5
Flow:2/5
Overall:Avg track,nice cockiness tho, first i disliked it but then it grew on me,tom was just awesome.

08.Inside My Head.
Beat:3.5/5
Flow:/5
Overall:Is it me or your voice sounded a little low on this one,nice talkin in the middle followed by the piano melody was just class man,good shit but lot of singing there .

09.Brooklyn, Hollywood.
Lyrics:4.5/5
Overall:Nice hook,the beat seemed sampled,another outstanding track.

10.What I Know.
Lyrics:4.5/5
Overall:Killed it,nice accent,one thing tho the beat was more demanding then what you did with it,(come to australia).

11.Flawless Mics
Lyrics:4.85/5 !
Overall:Dopest intro,deepest beat like survival of the fittest,nice voice change over, sajjad shone like a sword on the mic.

12.She likes It Dirty.
Beat:3/5
Flow:2.5/5
Overall:rockish feel ,nice start to the tarck man wow !,should have a voice change over for the "what's up baby".

13.Focus
Overall:One of the Darkest Track on the album,felt the track real hard .

14.Dreamers
Lyrics:3/5
Beat:2.5/5
Overall:liked the cocept ,the way the beat picked up was amazing,killer flow.

15.Who's lookin
Lyrics:2/5
Flow:3/5
Overall:Okay track , the people you featured are killing on the same level.

16.Light Me Up
Lyrics:2.5/5
Flow:2.5/5
Overall:didn't like this man , lot's of singing,the last part was the part i liked.

17.Just One.
Overall:Familiar beat,close shit between u and kez.

18.Lost and Confused.
Lyrics:3/5
Beat:2.5/5
Overall:Hell yeah finnaly a female voice,nice choise,another pro song, nice ending track to the track "Die A King"

Album Rating: "4/5" :y:
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 1st, '11, 14:27

oh word, thanks a lot man, I really appreciate your thoughts, I'm glad you liked it, thanks for listening and sharing your opinion.

thanks bro :worship: :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Sam. » Feb 1st, '11, 17:12

Big Ax-D wrote:oh word, thanks a lot man, I really appreciate your thoughts, I'm glad you liked it, thanks for listening and sharing your opinion.

thanks bro :worship: :worship:

Your the best here dog. No.1 for me . :worship:
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby dR3 » Feb 1st, '11, 17:33

Hey Axel, sorry I forgot to feed this, been busy with some other things. Anyway, here it is, it's a bit short, but oh well:

Die A King
Pretty nice intro track, I really like the accordion sample. Flow and lyrics are good, I'm not really feeling the hook.

Immortal
The message in this is great, but the beat kinda ruins it for me, it makes it unlistenable. Sting's hook fits well.

One Last Breath
I like your delivery and flow on the verses, hook would be way better if you had chosen some other instrument instead of that synth.

Superhero
I already fed this.

Fallout
Your flow on this is smooth, lyrics aren't anything special. I really like the beat, especially when it switches up.

Hear Me Now
Already fed this.

Problematic
The delivery and flow are the things which make this track good, I don't like the lyrics. The hook is pretty nice, same goes for the bridge. Chambers had a nice verse, but I don't think the beat fits him well.

Inside My Head
One of the best beats on the album, you did a great job. Is that piano sampled? You sound kinda bored in the hook, your delivery on the verses is as good as can be.

Brooklyn, Hollywood
Nice chill-out track, the hook fits the concept perfectly. I like how you said "Hollywooooooooooooood". I don't see myself bumping this because I'm not really into chill-out music, but I'm sure a lot of people like it/will like it.

What I Know
Don't like this at all, the beat sound too childish. Your flow was really nice tho, gotta give you that. It's all personal preference after all. :sweating:

Flawless Mics
Sajjad murdered the beat, lol. Both of you had amazing verses, flows and lyrics are off the hook. The bridge think with the high and low pitched voices is great, I love it. Probably the best track on the album.

She Likes It Dirty
I like the rock-ish feel of the beat. Your delivery and flow are PERFECT, they fit well. Don't really like the hook tho, too much "uh". :shifty:

Focus
What a twist. I love this track, the hook is amazing. The beat is also great, and your delivery and flow are on point as always. Lyrics are also a strong part of this track, you did great on that too.

Dreamers
Don't like the beat change on the hook, should've kept it the same as the one on the hooks. Your fast flow is pretty damn nice and understandable. Mixing on the hook could've been slightly better.

Who’s Looking
I enjoyed the hook, it's really catchy. Didn't like the verses tho, there is something that doesn't click, but I don't know what. Good job on the beat as well.

Light Me Up
Only good things about this are the hook and your flow/delivery. Don't like the lyrics and the beat at all. Oh, this bridge I'm hearing is pretty nice too.

Just One
Amazing track, both of you did great, especially Kez. The flows and lyrics of both are sick, and the storytelling makes this track a lot better. Really like your singing on the hook, keep that up.

Lost & Confused
Great way to end the album, is that a Dido sample? The beat on the verses is amazing, I love the piano in the background. Your flow and delivery are the best thing about this track, they're immense! I think a lot of people can relate to what you rapped about. I liked it when you said "it shows that I'M A KING".

All in all, solid album, there are a few low points, but the good points are way more. Your strongest abilities are your flow and delivery, you always seem to do them perfectly. Keep it up!
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 2nd, '11, 01:34

Oh dr3 thank you very very much man, I appreciate the review, thanks a lot bro, thanks for listening and taking the time to write a full review bro, I appreciate that Big time, plus I'm glad you liked it. thanks man. About the samples tho'. the only songs that use samples are "Immortal" & "Lost & Confused"... the rest is all 100% me (except sajjad's beat).

Again, thanks a lot for sharing your comments with me, thanks man :worship: :worship:

MCSam wrote:Your the best here dog. No.1 for me . :worship:

oh man, I dont really think so hahaha, but thanks a lot for saying that, means a lot to me brother, thank you :worship: :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 4th, '11, 06:48

sorry, but I'm gonna bump this, I want to see the thoughts of a few particular ppl that I'm missing... after that, you can let it sink :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Tornado » Feb 4th, '11, 13:31

Before this whole forum fuckup, i did write a detailed review. I can't be bothered to write it all again so i'ma be brief.

1, Die A King
- Beat is ace
-Overlays muddy up your lyrics, not needed
-Chorus is alright, feels abit empty though, except the repeated chorus at the end of the 3rd verse
-i like you're alternate your verse between straingh rap and singsongy parts but the singsong parts
-Song is decent but overlays and the singsongy parts of the rap ruin it abit. 6/10

2. Immortal
- Lyrics fit the theme but your flow and delievery make this song
- great sample to use and nice sounding chorus
- very well made overall, everything flows seamlessly
- One of my early favs. 9/10

3. One Last Breath
- Beat is different but good, apart from the chorus synth, sounds out of place
- The singing don't suit the chorus
- verses are well done, great flow & lyrics especially, captures the feel of the track
- Bridge is not needed
-Another good track, despite flaws. 7/10

4. Superhero
- Beat's on some 02 Tecca/ Old Em style.
- Overlays not needed
- Verses are alright, nothing great but if you got rid of the overlays it would be better.
- Chorus sounds good
- Good to hear a different upbeat track. 7/10

5. Fallout
- The chours pad on the chorus (thats one of them FL ones) sounds out of place abit, so does the guitar at the outro
- 1st Verse id decent, 2nd verse drops abit overall in enjoyability, kinda lost the intrest
- Bridge is meh, could take it or leave it
- Not my fav. 5/10

6. Hear Me Now
- Beat is epicly great
- Verses have the same singsongy/straight rap alternation. I liked the 2nd Verse beginning but again, the singy parts kinda ruined it
- Chorus fits in beautiful
- Hard to rate, i hear the good elemnets but it could've been better. 6/10

7. Problematic
- Yes, this track has everything going it for
- Beat especially dope, really well done
- Chorus is good aswell
- Bridge i fell isn't needed
- Both of you ripped this
- My fav so far. 9/10

8. Inside My Head
- Beat is different but nice.
- Verses are nice and chilled, laid back delievery suits this
- Chorus works well
- Good track overall. 8/10

9. Brooklyn, Hollywood
- Beat is weird IMO but you make it work
- Verses lack energy, dunno just feel i'm just listening and not getting into it
- 5/10 didn't really intrest me

second half in abit
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Tranquil » Feb 5th, '11, 04:56

Sorry for taking so long to feed this, been a bit busy and if flew under my radar.. but here we go :smoking:

1. Die A King - 4/5
I like this song, its a good intro kinda song

2. Immortal - 5/5
For me, this song is one of the best on this album man, defiantly gonna be bumping this down the track :worship:

3. One Last Breath - 5/5
For some reason this song kinda reminds me of a Hilltop Hoods song (cant remember the name of it) haha but this song is seriously dope!

4. Superhero - 3/5
I don't really like this song, but your flow is pretty good on this one

5. Fallout - 3/5
I didn't really like this song either, it kinda sounds like an eminem song, i don't really like the hook on this one either :'(

6. Hear Me Now - 5/5
Still fucking love this song from the day i heard it, probably the best song on the album :smoking:

7. Problematic - 3/5
I don't know about this song... ive listened to it like 6 times but i just don't seem to like it

8. Inside My Head - 5/5
For me the intro was a little long, but i love this song, this is my shit!

9. Brooklyn, Hollywood - 4/5
This is a good track, nice laid back vibe to it, the title threw me off a bit when i first seen it, but then i listened to it, and my whole prospective changed

10. What I Know - 5/5
Another highlight of the album, murdered it

11. Flawless Mics - 5/5
Speechless, from the beat to the lyrics to the flow, this song is just fucking amazingly dope

12. She Likes It Dirty - 4/5
This song is great, i thought it was gonna be some same old love kinda song, but i thought wrong

13. Focus - 5/5
I love this track, defiantly gonna have this on repeat!

14. Dreamers - 3/5
The beat is unique, sounds hard to tackle so ill give you props on that and with your fast flow

15. Whos Lookin - 3/5
This is an OK track, not the best, not the worst

16. Light Me Up - 5/5
Absolutely loved this track man!

17. Just One - 4/5
Loved this track, pulled me in from the start

18. Lost & Confused - 5/5
Great track to end the album, great Dido sample aswell, fit the beat well, great song!

Overall: This is a very well put together album man, im burning it as we speak so i can bump it in the car when i go places,
Overall Rating: 4/5
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 5th, '11, 07:45

@Tornado :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
thanks a bunch man, I'm glad youre liking it so far, I hope you like the rest aswell, looking forward for the rest of the feed.

@Explicit :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
thanks a million for your thoughts man, damn, I glad you liked it that much bro, :worship: hahaha, thanks man, I fed your song :y:

thanks again to everybody that listened :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Le Tunisien » Feb 6th, '11, 08:27

my first impression was like,hmm i love all the hooks i must relisten and seriously the hooks are catchy..

Die a king: 9/10
this is the best song in all the album,my fav anyways,i loved the beat it sounded like somethin eminem would produce haha,the flow is nice so fresh especially the verse 2^^the boogie man part was enjoyable, and i love it when u turn it from rapping to singing in the verse ...the hook is the best thing i love its melody i can sing with it :y: :y:

Immortal: 5.5 /10
I wish u sung this instead of sting,i dont like the idea of sampling another artist..somehow i didnt really dig this song,..

one last breath: 8.5/10
i like the lyrics and the delivery in this one just entertaining, i loveeeeee the chorus i seriously love it :worship: i like the flow u used on the 2nd verse man :y:

Superhero: 8/10
the delivery is so unique i like it,i love it when u do that i dunno the funny delivery its just cool to the ears,and yeah the hook is dope use that voice its the best one u use for hooks ,and the melody is obviously beautiful :y: i hated when u said it with the creepy voice " boogie maaaan" it sounded bad

Fallout: 7.5/10
the sound of it is original,the beat is awesome,i like the first verse haha the "boom boom boom" part is lovely :smoking: so yes stuffs like that are just enjoyable,the hook is dope once again no question,the bridge is awesome too except for how it started i didnt like how u say " byyyy",say it normallly it would have been better

hear me now: 7/10
i commented this one before ,but okay hmm it sounded to be a serious song but then i hear shit like "lil hoe u miss me i know u wanna kiss me"...etc it ruins it u should have kept it serious to make it suit the hook cuz the hook is dope the melody and the lyrics of it and everything its the best thing in the best song,......come hear now :smoking:

Problematic: 9/10

ahh man such a classic this song,u really do a very good job at producing i love this beat somehow it sounded to me like the beat of " my dads gone crazy" :smoking: i like the delivery in this one,its awesome the way u say "im such a criminal" u should do stuffs like that more often :worship: and ohhh the chorus man is dope ,only only i dont like it when u say " love me"...the 2nd verse is cool too,"when u feel something bitch come tell us" is my fav part it just sounded dope haha,the bridge is sweet to the ears aswell....
tom was good on this one,he has that relaxed chilled delivery i digg it,i like how u ended ur verse with " i dont give a fuckk" sounded dope hah :y: :y:

Inside My head: 7.5/10
why did u keep the first part empty? hmm anyways the chorus is dope except the part where u say "come with me now'" it just doesnt suit it man ,doesnt suit the lyrics and the delivery of ur verses neither or the beat... i hope u see what i mean so u dont do it more often it just doesnt sound nice,the flow was locked and delivery was okay...not my fav song but i dig the hook and the part where u say" i want u to close ur mind and take a trip " thing was nice ,the beat is dope too :y:

Brookyln,Hollywood: 5/10

man i dont like this song,the beat sounded like a music for a nintendo game or something especially first,i didnt dig the delivery its just not the fresh and fun big ax d that we know...

What i know: 8.5/10

u did it again,the beat is original, i enjoy this song one of my favs, the delivery is awesome, i like it the way u say things like " stupid motherfuckerrr" it sounds cool :smoking: , man about the hook it SOUNDS dope but the voice behind is annoying the voice ur doin idk the opera mocking voice thing get rid of it ,it would of sounded alottttttttt better if u did the hook with the normal voice without that one annoying behind it, lmaooo u took shots at annon or i didnt hear it correctly?? ilove it anyways hah :y: :y: :smoking:

Flawless Mics: 9/10

yo thats wussup hah, just one question was u high or drunk when recording/writing it loool i love it though it sounds so crazy,just funny :p i didnt like u kept reapting the same flow u should have changed and made it more enjoyable especially at first verse,i like the chorus thing of 'ill fuckin killllllll you " :worship:
man Sajjad Killeddddddddddddddddddddd it,10/10 lyrics delivery flow wise is just awesome man i would be afraid to ever do a song with saj haha ,awesome verseeeeee :worship: :worship:
ax u should have came harder on this one especially seeing how xray came on this ,anyways i love this song :y: :y: :y:

she likes it dirty: 5/10

uhm it seems like u wanted to do a song like "get nasty" , i dont like it though maybe cuz of the beat wasnt so enjoyable i didnt really digg this song man, i just skip this one not my taste..

Focus: 6/10

the beat is cool,i prefer ur hooks where u sing and i didnt like it when u said " yahh yahh" it didnt sound nice anyways the verses were good,honestly i dont like the delivery it sounds like ur bored or somethin in some parts i prefer the other deliverys where u sound fresh and shit anyways it was okay of a song :y:

Dreamers: 6/10

hmm i dig the fast flow,it sounded good and man hah somehow i get the feeling like the beat sounds like somethin sean paul will use looool i like it haha the hook was okay this time :y:

Whos Lookin: 8/10

The beat is original once again:

Uhm Criz:its not about flow or delivery or lyrics or anything i just dont like cuz of the german sound on it,i dont dig it.
ax all the singing part was awesome i digg the singing alot but man i was hoping u'd do a rap verse u should have done it man...anyways ur part was dope
and Jay 19s verse was dope i like it very enjoyable i dig the delivery hah it sounded somethin like 50 lmao i dunno why i got that feeling loooool, anyways it was dope :worship:
Good song :y:

Light me up: 8.5/10

man that part on the hook was so awesome haaah dam dadadammm dam daddammm i love it :worship: and the verses were good too ,i like the 2nd verse the best..i like the sounds u put in the background :y: :y: one of my fav songs in the album i dig it :y: :y: :y:

Just One: 9/10

This song is a classic too: the chorus is outstanding i love it,but i didnt like the way kez says " yah " "yah" in the background...but i like the delivery u had entertaining...and the bridge was dope too but kez shouldnt have sung along with it in the last line i didnt sound right...kez's vese was tight too flow and delivery wise ..my only problem was his accent thats why i couldnt enjoy as much as im supposed to
anyways this song is one of the best of this album too good work :y: :y:

Lost And Confused: 7/10
last song to feed finally,lmao
Good Way To close the album,the song was good but i dunno why i wouldnt listen to it again maybe cuz i was deceived i was expectin another hook from u but the verses were good dont get me wrong the lyrics and flow were very good and enjoyable , and i like the outro thing :y: :y: keep it up

good work man,overall the album was really good if you count the average its : 7.88 which is basically an 8 :y: :y:
lets see how ur next mixtape will be like,and sorry i didnt have much time to feed and now i did :happy: peace
Last edited by Le Tunisien on Feb 6th, '11, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
Le Tunisien
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Tranquil » Feb 6th, '11, 08:32

oh also, i got a question about the beat on Flawless Mics... did you sample a song or something? because i swear ive heard a bit out of that beat before :confusion:
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby M15HKA » Feb 6th, '11, 10:19

-Die A King 8/10
Pretty good starting track, solid verse, good singing, beat sounds somewhat familiar to a tune I once heard? :confusion: might be wrong I like it mate :y: :y:

-Immortal Feat. Sting 6.5/10
Ok the point of the track I like however the song feels incomplete maybe it is the beat(Which i am not a fan of) I feel you could have made this a lot better than it was. Maybe in the future come back to a similar concept :happy:

-One Last Breath 7.5/10
Now this is good mate, Not liking the hook. Hook brought it down but everything else was good.

-Superhero 10/10
Perfection you bastard :worship: Everything from the beat to the verses to the flow to the hook I like :D

-Fallout 6/10
Nothing standout just a filler i guess :whistle: Not liking the lyrics of feeling the beat.

-Hear Me Now 5.5/10
Had potential, beat is unique and I like it, not liking the random singing. Fuck me what a good beat though.

-Problematic Ft. Tom Chambers 7/10
Lyrics were meh, Excellent beat once again, I like your flow. Tom was good but didn't seem to ride the beat. Solid track all up.

-Inside My Head 9/10
Fucken good :smoking:

-Brooklyn,Hollywood 4/10
Just a meh track all up I guess you were trying to go with the laid back style. Didn't like it plus I'm not feeling the beat at all.

-What I Know 6/10
Although the beat is loud like the Brooklyn,Hollywood one it isn't to bad. Flow is good. Still overall it is not something I will listen to again. Could have been better to be honest, had the elements to be a great track.

-Flawless Mics Ft. Sajjad 10/10
It was Flawless mate. Everything I like. Sajjad was :worship:

-She Likes it dirty 5/10
Nope, not feeling this at all. Lyrics meh, beat not a fan of it, flow was disappointing. The chorus with the "uh" "uh" :laughing: Sorry mate. Not my type I can see what you were trying to do just didn't pull it off for me here.

-Focus 8.5/10
Well done mate :y: lyrics are solid not exceptional or anything but I like this track will listen to it again :happy: Flow and beat are ill.

-Dreamers 6.5/10
Hmmm like the change up from the intro, and the flow lyrics are solid once again. Beat is solid too. Don't like the slow down for the hook and beat change. Probably what brings down the track for me.

-Whos Lookin 5.5/10
Feels like an average filler for me.

-Light Me Up 7.5/10
I like it bro especially that part on the hook :) Good track mate.

-Just One 8/10
Great track like the concept Kez was good you were good too. Beat is nice. Can't hate on it good work :y:

-Lost & Confused 7.5/10
Phased out from the track, probably the beat. Everything else is good mate. Actually good end to the album good work :y:

-Average Rating 7/10

Solid good album a few excellent tracks that show your potential canceled out by a few poor tracks. At times i felt the album was hit and miss some tracks had excellent ideas poorly executed. Anyway good job man, keep working I always give your stuff a listen.
Eminem,Lowkey,Nas,Big Pun,Diabolic,MastaAce,Mobb Deep,Hopsin,TechN9ne,Biggie,Crooked I,BigL,ImmortalTech,KRS-One,Rugged Man,Brotha Lynch Hung,Dead Prez
M15HKA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby B.A.D. » Feb 7th, '11, 01:06

@ Le Tunisien - :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: thank you very much man, thanks for making time to drop some feed, I appreciate that, specially with all thats goin on in your country atm, thanks bro, I'm really really glad you liked the album. Lol theres a couple lyrics you misunderstood apparently, i.e. on "Hear Me Now" its not lil hoe hahaha, I say "I hope you miss me" hahaha. thanks brother, I appreciate that

@ Eminemis legend - thats the only beat of the album I didnt produce, sajjad did it, ask him :y: :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

PreviousNext

Return to A.S. Collections