The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rise From The Ashez - The Instrumentals!!!

Re: Rise From The Ashez - The Instrumentals!!!

Postby Steve Spag » Apr 20th, '11, 16:47

K, here's what I typed while I was listening;
what they die for blows my mind away. the tempo, the melody, the vibe, the sample, wow, it's perfect; just my type of beat! you really nailed this one and made it seem really easy too.

dark side of the moon is alright but i think it could be a lot better with just a different tone. the one you're using seems a bit "stale or bland" to me.

immortal has got a really cool vibe to it, really positive, intelligent type shit. beautiful symphony. i'm digging this man and it seems like you went out of your comfort zone but again, nailed it.

alone on a valentine's day, i think i already fed this before? anyways, dope beat!

kill anyone is like dark side of the moon for me, it's good but i think if you used a different tone it would be "killer" lol

rest in pieces is great, real hard type. could even be used as a cypher beat. i like the grimeyness, real dark.

madness is sick but the quality sounds a little drowned to me, like the sound could be a bit more clear, it sounds muffeled, but i'm on a laptop, so who knows.

strings of doom sounds like a continuation of the previous song but when it kicks in i think you're using the wrong instruments. it just sounds too hectic.

restless, now this is some dope shit. i like the laid back vibe here, and that pause you did in the middle of the first verse is soo sick. i really like this one.

meteora is pretty good, i think the melody is kind of plain but it's pretty rockable. the effects you added in the background of the verse really help though so i'll give you that much. pretty catchy actually man, i could see myself doing something on this too, lol.

nightmare starts like it's gonna sound amazing but when it kicks in i think you're using the wrong instruments. not really feeling the main insturment whatever it is.

the sound, i love the intro, i can't remember where i've heard it before but i remember it. i wasn't expecting such a beautiful inspirational beat after i heard the sample but damn, it's nice. the break down is cool too how you switch it up. i like that you're keeping it fresh.

black samples is pretty dope, i really like how it starts off and it's got the right vibe, tempo but again, i think you need to use some different instruments. pretty experimental type but i likes.

Overall I'd say it's a great improvement and I can't wait to see what you come up with next! If nobody's using that "What They Die For" beat I'd love to get my hands on it!

Keep it up man!
:b:
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CayozDaBeast » May 3rd, '11, 18:38

Yo man these instrumentals are dope, i was really feeling em. The vibe was dope as well as the structure of the beats. Good stuff.
The Barz & Beatz Mixtape is Here!
http://www.Cayoz.bandcamp.com

Check out The BrainStormers EP
http://www.Thebrainstormers.bandcamp.com
CayozDaBeast
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Atone » May 4th, '11, 15:27

:y: :y: :y: :y:
Last edited by Atone on Aug 11th, '12, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kez » May 4th, '11, 18:43

You got some good beats here man, gave me ideas. Keep doing your thing I like your production a lot, could easily become another of the instrumental TR heavyweights.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby CayozDaBeast » May 4th, '11, 22:11

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
CayozDaBeast wrote:Yo man these instrumentals are dope, i was really feeling em. The vibe was dope as well as the structure of the beats. Good stuff.

oh hey thnx for checkin it out
and btw I heard the brainstormers ep a while back and LOVED IT, you guys gotta put out an album :y:

Yea man were currently in the process of trying to get all that together. Be on the lookout.
jus found this site so im prolly gonna frequent it more often now.
The Barz & Beatz Mixtape is Here!
http://www.Cayoz.bandcamp.com

Check out The BrainStormers EP
http://www.Thebrainstormers.bandcamp.com
CayozDaBeast
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Atone » May 5th, '11, 15:25

k that would be cool
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kez » May 5th, '11, 16:24

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:
Kez wrote:You got some good beats here man, gave me ideas. Keep doing your thing I like your production a lot, could easily become another of the instrumental TR heavyweights.

thnx bro, maybe a collabo someday? :worship:

I'm definately down for that, we'll have to talk about it haha
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby classthe_king » May 8th, '11, 18:29

Haha that reminds me

What they died for- Dope intro, very likeable instrumental, I can see myself liking a song over this. I would work on this

Dark side of the moon- It sounds pretty good but it's a little too slow for my taste, Possessed would murk this though

Immortal- Recognized the sample but can't remember from where. This could be a real dope song, not from me though. I couldn't rap on this

Alone on a valentines day- Alright sounding beat, if you were going for an emotional beat it wasn't executed very well though. Look at life and death's beats for ideas on how to make your emo beats more heartfelt

Rest in Pieces- Now this was sick. I would deffinitely spit over this

Madness- This beat was well...madness. Too much going on for my liking but I can see someone else making a dope song out of this.

Strings of Doom- Didn't really like this beat at all, it got really annoying

Meteora- I could tell from the title it was going to be Linkin Park inspired. The scratching in the begining was sick, too slow of a beat for my liking again but it was a good beat.

Nightmare- See Strings of Doom

The Sound- This was a pretty chill beat, I can see this being a dope laid back smoking song
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Axis » May 16th, '11, 05:26

After listening through the mixture, it's clear you have a basic understanding of production, but you're still learning. Many of the beats seem to be lacking instrumentation. They sound like they are only 2, sometimes only one instrument, and the drum pattern. Think about adding some random strings, or a one hit effect in the background. Lastly, you have some of the beats panned quite strangely, with the entire drum patter in the left speaker, and every thing else int he right and it just sounds odd…things are blending and meshing. You really do have a good base though, because you appear to be on the verge…keep it up man!
Axis
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to A.S. Collections