The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Scrubz - Self Description (DEBUT EP)

Re: Scrubz - Self Description (DEBUT EP)

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Apr 20th, '11, 13:18

okay i give it an overall review..since in track by track i will repeat myself a lot

flows were chosen very well..and fit the beat most of the time..but you also had some slip ups in it...but you caught it back in no matter of time...also d-rav impressed me on your guessed appearences :y:
hooks are catchy...mostly loved PK's hook tho lol...but u did great aswell...especially the mixing on your hooks was clean....so it was on your overlays....cant argue about your quality lol
delivery is always on point aswell....so were some lines in your song
what i noticed that your vocals have lots of Hiss in them...maybe put the High a bit down when EQing
about your beats they could be mixed smoother..i cant give you any heads up in that cuz im not a producer myself (yet lol)...but especially on them hi hats...maybe turn the volume down..so they not as present...maybe its just personal preference..cuz i like them hi hats soft in the background u know..uhh yeah
fav tracks: Flyin High,Stay Wit It,Difficult To Say,Sticky To The Touch

meh not the best feed i ever gave but better than nothing...
overall it was an solid Debut EP... :y: :y: i would say slighty below great :p
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Postby Scrubz » Apr 20th, '11, 13:50

°[~CHR!$~]° wrote:okay i give it an overall review..since in track by track i will repeat myself a lot

flows were chosen very well..and fit the beat most of the time..but you also had some slip ups in it...but you caught it back in no matter of time...also d-rav impressed me on your guessed appearences :y:
hooks are catchy...mostly loved PK's hook tho lol...but u did great aswell...especially the mixing on your hooks was clean....so it was on your overlays....cant argue about your quality lol
delivery is always on point aswell....so were some lines in your song
what i noticed that your vocals have lots of Hiss in them...maybe put the High a bit down when EQing
about your beats they could be mixed smoother..i cant give you any heads up in that cuz im not a producer myself (yet lol)...but especially on them hi hats...maybe turn the volume down..so they not as present...maybe its just personal preference..cuz i like them hi hats soft in the background u know..uhh yeah
fav tracks: Flyin High,Stay Wit It,Difficult To Say,Sticky To The Touch

meh not the best feed i ever gave but better than nothing...
overall it was an solid Debut EP... :y: :y: i would say slighty below great :p

Thanks dude! Its cool if u didnt do a track by track review, i get the jist. And the hiss' bother the fuck outta me, I was eging them and had trouble getting rid of them WITHOUT making the vocals sound dull. I haven't found the optimal way of recording and mastering yet but this cd was a big step in the right directiong. just gotta work a few things out and hiss is deff one of them. Thanks again :worship: .
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Apr 20th, '11, 14:43

Hey man..Me and the boys love bumping your shit, here's a review:

This album overall contains some excellent flow and vocal production..Not many independents have achieved this sort of quality without getting the proper equipment that can cost several thousands of dollars.
The album greets us with a optimistic approach and then your demons are revealed in some brutal but pleasant tracks and also some very informative insights on your life and how it's like to live in such a hostile world where the odds are stacked against you and you can't trust anybody.

I'm my opinion I wouldn't be able to rate each song because this album forms one solid being.
That being said, this EP will remain on my hard drive for years to come.

Well done.
9/10.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Scrubz » Apr 22nd, '11, 03:00

Demaz: thanks for the write up, glad you and your boys listen to it! Thanks for taking the time out to listen. :worship:

Cream: thanks for the feed and the grading syrem was clever! But I'm gonna have to disagree with oh about the don't make me laugh hook, I love it! But it's all good, thanks for checking and enjoying this shit. :worship:
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CorrosionCover » Apr 22nd, '11, 09:00

Yo Scrubz ! I will try to download the EP in 2 days, coz the problem is mine net sucks chewbacas balls and it has a limit on package, so i will try do dl it just before the reset.
CorrosionCover
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby B.A.D. » Apr 24th, '11, 03:30

yo, sorry I havent feed yet. I will tho, sorry to keep ya waiting :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Scrubz » Apr 25th, '11, 10:52

@cc: no need to dl I got 2 streaming links for ya! Thanks for the heads up.

@ax: hit me back when u get the time to review it. Thanks in advance.
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CorrosionCover » Apr 25th, '11, 13:08

Yeah but it doesn't matter for me downloading/ streaming everything i do is just counting in my FUCKING limit.................

I will try to listen to a part of each song at least and give some feedback bro
CorrosionCover
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby CorrosionCover » Apr 25th, '11, 14:00

Aight so :

Intro - Decent opening, but i've the break before the beat a bit too long, and the piece itself lacked substance for me

Flying High - Psycho beat, good flow, even better chorus. This was strange but i enjoyed it. "Ahahaha" made me smile :8)

A Day in the Life - the piano melody rocks, deep shit, yeah this one got substance, the chorus fitted well.

Difficult to say - Yeah well i thought it's gonna be boring, but then chorus came in and I was like "wow". The ending ++

S.O.S - Decent track, but at this point i started getting used to your flow a bit too much, the guy in the second verse made it more interesting tho

Stay wit it - LOL I THINK I'VE HEARD THIS BEAT SOMEWHERE, anyways the flow was enjoyable and the track is somehow unique for me (even tho i've got a feeling that i heard the beat somewhere)

Self Description - Don't know what to say, this could be an epic track but I seem to lack something in the way you spit. Still i'm trying to record myself and i know how hard it is to sound good, you did a great work with quality and prounanciaton but still a bit to work on :y:

The Take Over - Nice, nice...... the first verse was ok, your verse even better, Noticed your good job on multies

S.C.R.U.B.Z. - YEAAHHHHHHHH THAT'S THE VIVIT BEAT, one of the best tracks on EP

Lonestar - Quite a boring filler, sounds similar to things i listened few tracks ago

Sticky to the Touch - accent ++, flow killed it

Talk is Cheap - i've fed this

New Age - Rekluse did really well !!! Your part was decent. I know the guitar riff from somewhere.

Walk Alone - I've heard this some time ago ^^ Good shit, another really good one on EP

Don't Make Me Laugh - Props to AX-D for the chorus, unique i would say. I like the second verse.

Outro - Better than intro, yeah i'm diggin it.

To sum up - there weren't any bad tracks, there were few interesting ones and many decent - great results as for the first EP. I would need to get used to some tracks, listen to them few more times and i would dig them propably (i just can't feel everything with the first touch). But congratz on your work :y:
CorrosionCover
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Scrubz » Apr 25th, '11, 15:41

CorrosionCover wrote:Aight so :

Intro - Decent opening, but i've the break before the beat a bit too long, and the piece itself lacked substance for me

Flying High - Psycho beat, good flow, even better chorus. This was strange but i enjoyed it. "Ahahaha" made me smile :8)

A Day in the Life - the piano melody rocks, deep shit, yeah this one got substance, the chorus fitted well.

Difficult to say - Yeah well i thought it's gonna be boring, but then chorus came in and I was like "wow". The ending ++

S.O.S - Decent track, but at this point i started getting used to your flow a bit too much, the guy in the second verse made it more interesting tho

Stay wit it - LOL I THINK I'VE HEARD THIS BEAT SOMEWHERE, anyways the flow was enjoyable and the track is somehow unique for me (even tho i've got a feeling that i heard the beat somewhere)

Self Description - Don't know what to say, this could be an epic track but I seem to lack something in the way you spit. Still i'm trying to record myself and i know how hard it is to sound good, you did a great work with quality and prounanciaton but still a bit to work on :y:

The Take Over - Nice, nice...... the first verse was ok, your verse even better, Noticed your good job on multies

S.C.R.U.B.Z. - YEAAHHHHHHHH THAT'S THE VIVIT BEAT, one of the best tracks on EP

Lonestar - Quite a boring filler, sounds similar to things i listened few tracks ago

Sticky to the Touch - accent ++, flow killed it

Talk is Cheap - i've fed this

New Age - Rekluse did really well !!! Your part was decent. I know the guitar riff from somewhere.

Walk Alone - I've heard this some time ago ^^ Good shit, another really good one on EP

Don't Make Me Laugh - Props to AX-D for the chorus, unique i would say. I like the second verse.

Outro - Better than intro, yeah i'm diggin it.

To sum up - there weren't any bad tracks, there were few interesting ones and many decent - great results as for the first EP. I would need to get used to some tracks, listen to them few more times and i would dig them propably (i just can't feel everything with the first touch). But congratz on your work :y:

:y: :y: :y: thanks for the feed even though you have you net problems! Hope you bump it a few more times to soak everything in. None the less, good looks for taking the time to listen. :smoking:

Oh and you did hear the stay wit it beat before, I used it on the first track i ever dropped on here last year. It was a terrible track compared to this one, lmao.
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr. Chambers » Apr 25th, '11, 17:45

first off...you used both the beats i was using...it makes me sadz =(

ok before i start off let me just show you songs i liked and disliked

liked:

SOS
self description
takeover
sticky to the touch (chorus)
New Age (rekluse is sick)
walk alone
don't make me laugh (sick chorus)

disliked:
stay wit it
lonestar (beat)
talk is cheap
difficult to say

if i didn't put the track....i saw it as album filler tbh, so it wasn't worth me noting....

those are the exact notes i took while listening so overall feedback:
the beats (with the exception of lonestar) ranged from good-epic. i think your a very talented producer who could really go somewhere with it. Hell next album i'm gonna get some more beats off you. prolly top 3 on this site with the beats.

but moving on
i loved your delivery in singles, i saw it as unique and fresh even though i had a friend who had a similar style. but after a whole album, it kinda gets repetitive. it wasn't the most repetitive i've heard, but it was def. noticeable.

your flow was sometimes on-point, and there were times your flow was not clean at all. its kind of shakey. but overall i liked it. just needs a bit more of fine tuning

(btw i noticed you went back and redid the first verse of SCRUBZ i enjoyed it much more and the chorus did sound better)

Your lyrics were ok. you're not the most lyrical rapper i've ever heard but far from the worst. you kind of fall inbetween the two extremes which is ok cuz like i said you can fall back on delivery.

i really loved rekluse on new age, i just really think he outshined you on that track. not a bad thing but i'm just offering my thoughts. and sticky to the touch and don;t make me laugh had the sickest choruses on the album and really helped make the tracks more enjoyable. so kudos

uhm...dunno what else there really is. this was on first listen, cuz i found some time to give it a spin. i would listen to it again and overall it really is a decent album. i think with more practice you could really perfect a "90's" type of style becuz of your beats and style. and that would be sick.

keep mastering your craft tho, you have potential and i don't say that to many people

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Xray » Apr 26th, '11, 16:03

Downloaded this and heard a fair share of it, so the reviews coming. :y:

Good shit though.
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Scrubz » Apr 27th, '11, 13:49

@chambers: lol sorry bro about using them, at least they were only intro and outro's. :y: thanks for the feed :wave: . If you notice anything else after a few more listens let me know.

@xray: haven't seen you in a minute, good looks bro. Deff wanna know your opinion on this. :y:
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaz » Apr 28th, '11, 15:55

I'll probably just review a couple of these at a time.

Intro - Not really a fan of this beat or the song in general really. Not the best choice for an intro imo, wouldn't have pulled me in if I weren't reviewing this.

5/10

Flyin' High - Rhyme schemes are pretty solid, and there's just something about this beat I really like.. The hook I'm not a huge fan of, but it is a little catchy.

7.8/10

A Day In The Life - Again I don't really like the hook.. The beat is the second best so far behind the last one. Some good lines in this one, but not quite as good a flow as the last one.

6.2/10

Difficult To Say - This beat could be good with better drums imo.. You lead in well, and I like the hook, although the transition to it wasn't very good.. Rhyme schemes are good at some points and a little weaker in others.

7.3/10
Jaz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tranquil » Apr 29th, '11, 07:45

Sorry that i took so long to get around to reviewing this man, been a bit busy lately but found some time, so here we go (I didn't review the Intro and Outro)

2. Flyin High
Fuck this beat is siiiiick, love it when it goes into the chorus, kinda sounds like another song i have heard but can't remember is :unsure: The lyrics were pre good rhyming wise, subject wise it got a lil replayed towards the middle of the 3rd verse, but still dope. Delivery and flow wise, this was beast!

4/5

3. A Day In The Life
This is my shit man. Real life shit! Personally i loved the 1st verse better than the 2nd, the story you were telling was great! And the beat captured the whole feel of the track! Loved the chorus, i can relate to that alot, i sit up all night thinking of rhymes :P hahaha

5/5

4. Difficult To Say
Just like i said about A Day In The Life, real life shit! "Fucking difficult growing up, fatherless" can relate to that shit, fuck that, i can relate to most of this song man! The beat was simple but it worked man!

5/5

5. S-O-S
The beat is alright, i liked the violins in it. Your verse was good, the lyrics were good, your delivery was lacking a tiny bit, but it didnt ruin the track. D-rav's delivery kinda bored me sinse he sounded a little bit bored on the mic, his lyrics were average, and had an average verse. Your 2nd verse was better than your 1st imo.

4/5

6. Stay Wit It
Loved the beat! The hook was alright, i cringed when you said 'Swag' i fucking hate that word :o Overall this is an average track, average subject matter, the rhyming was good tho! And your flow was unstoppable on this one!

4/5

7. Self Description
Okay, i liked this song, a bit of a change up! Klepto had an average verse tbh. You on the other hand, went in on this track. Loved the flow that you spat! Lyrics were also good, have no complaints about this track really.

4.5/5

8. The Take Over
You already know how i feel about this song! Dope!

4.5/5

9. S.C.R.U.B.Z.
Im pretty sure that i gave my input on this song. Dope!!!

5/5

10. Lonestar
Loved the intro, put that image in my head man! Fuck your flow was on another level on this man! Rode the beat like a horse trotting to the beat :p Fucking loved the lyrics and the subject matter, especially the chorus, love the Wild West theme!! The beat was banging, imo it woulda been suburb if you kinda made it Wild Westy, but its still dope!
5/5

11. Sticky To The Touch
Judging on the title i kinda had a feeling on what this song was gonna be about, and i was rite! hahaha. I thought it was gonna be an average kinda song but i was proven wrong. "Eyes red as the devils dick" that shit made me laugh out loud, fucking loved that!

5/5

12. Talk Is Cheap
I liked this track, kinda in your face feel! Imo the beat was a little weak, but still alright! Towards the second verse it kinda got a little boring, imo this was probably the weakest link in the album.

3.5/5

13. New Age
Fuck! this beat is dope as shit! I was feeling Rekluse's verse, i don't know if it was me, but his pella kinda sounded a lil low, maybe if it was turned up a tiny bit it would sound a bit better i don't know, probs just me. You on the other hand, your pella sounded the rite volume, your verses were alright, i liked your 2nd verse better than your 1st, "i like punchlines, but theres more to it, its called substance homie you should get to it" I liked that line

4.5/5

14. Walk Alone
Loved this track! The beat is nice and a lil simple but it works!! Loved the hook and the lyrics in the whole song! this song is gonna get a few plays a week, thats for sure!

5/5

15. Don't Make Me Laugh
I liked this track! "first verse was to get your attention, second verse looks worst its a whole new demention" fucking loved that line man! You stepped your flow up on this track man, had me bumping my head all the way through! Ax-D owns that hook! Brilliant!

5/5

Overall, i really liked this! Its very solid, there was one or two songs that sounded a little replayed but there wasnt really a bad song on this!

Favorite track: Lonestar
Least Favorite: Talk Is Cheap

Can't wait to hear more from you man! :worship:
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to A.S. Collections