The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

TMA - THE MOST ANNOYING 2 [ALBUM]

Re: TMA - THE MOST ANNOYING 2 [ALBUM]

Postby Tornado » Jul 27th, '11, 15:30

So Back:

Different beat, i'll give you that. Kinda hard to describe it, felt it was decent, no major qualms on anything, just nothing outsanding or anything. I hate leaving feed like that but i can't put my finger on it

Wandering Stars:

Real old school feeling beat, i like but it kinda drowns out everything else, especially your vocals Ax and felt the sing-song flow didn't help either. Kez had a better verse but listening to this song it felt a very random track or maybe i'm missing something.

Killers:

Hate the hook and felt the beat is very weak, the sounds used sound really fake. You both had very good verses, Ax had a very good delievery and Kez slightly better lyrics. Bridge is alright but i feel it would be better if Kez just did it

Havana Blvd:

Awesome beat. Kez, verse sounded real good, flow stepped up a notch and sounded in your delievery you were having fun with it, which makes it more enjoyable. Nice Chorus, suits the theme. How come for such a short verse Ax? First few bars are promising but felt you shouldn't go to your singsonging style, felt it woulda been better as a straight verse but my faviourite track so far

Kings & Superstars:

Only thing ruining the track is the quality of Kez's vocals otherwise this is you 2 at your best back and forth, excellent beat with sets the mood. Especially like the Indian Ocean line, you have a lot of witty lines hidden in verses.

Set Me Free: Already fed. Great rack

Hate Us Again:

Overall the song is good, both had good verses, beat is basic and stripped down which suits the song's message and a meh hook but nothing standout or noteworthy, except for the intro which sounded weird. I don't know, felt like it was good but not great.

Feel So Great:

Piano in this sounds almost exactly like Hate Us Again with the sound. This a sequel to Feel Ok? Haha nice Molotov opening line Kez thought you ripped this track throughout, Ax you too had nice verses aswell, enjoyed it very much

The Return:

Kez reminds me of old Eminem on the beginning of this. Dope verse, suits this track perfectly and goes into the hook nicely although i'm not sold on the singing in the background, not needed. Ax-D your verse was all over the place switch-up wise which i like, kept things interesting. When you started it, felt the voice was a bit too forced, annoyed me tbh. Faster flow, liked the idea but was harder to understand and keep up then, some loud sound effects comes in 4 bars in, ruining it completely. Kez's second verse was okay, not a good as his first. Definite mixed track

Our House:

Beat is alright, but listening over, this feels like a filler track tbh. Kez's quality is more noticable now on this but your lyrics save the verse. Ax-D verse started good but went random and honestly Chamers had the best verse that kept me interested. I Know this song had no particular subject matter but felt it would be better if it did. Oh, Hook is nice before i forget

Full Of Myself:

"Love myself so much, i almost get a erection" haha i wish i tthough of that line. For once, Ax your singing suits the track. Sounds like you both are having fun with this concept and it shows in your Verses and probably one of a few good feeling tracks i've heard in a long while

Rise From The Ashez:

Beat is very weird sounding with the brass sounds and lack of drum beat. I know theres a beatbox but it's very weak but Kez has a habit of converting it to a decent track, bringing out something i don't see in tracks.

My World 3:

Weird way to use the sample, beat sounded congested but it works. Here now, TMA are in their comfrot zone, instanly started bopping my head hearing this. Definately the best track on the album.

Lost Ones:

Not my kinda of beat. Can't think of much to say except Ax, your fast flow doesn't suit this, makes it harder to get into. Kez was good again, some nice lines in there aswell but this felt like a filler track

Overall this tape is a definite 7/10. Definite Highlights were Havana Blvd, Set Me Free and My World 3. It was good to see you two coming out of comfort zones trying new stuff, kept the tape interesting. Some different beats and concepts and more of a delievery change Kez and more direct rapping Ax would see this on another level. A shame cos the inconsistency ruined it abit but a definite strong 7.

Another thing i'd say for Kez to get a nice basic USB mic for decent quality. Most people bitch whenever quality isn't noticably decent (despit the fact they listen to 128kbs quality music). I definitely see Kez have a unique style of rap which i'd like to see more of. Ax-D keep building the label up, can see you having sucess with it.
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Tash8 » Jul 28th, '11, 05:31

So Back: I like the beat and the verses a lot, but not the hook. Highlights include: "yeah youre fucked" haha. That bridge was real nice, incredible production, and concept (the back n forth was nice, though it might have been overdone with that last hook).

Wandering Stars: I'm not sure but I don't think the beat and the hook are on pitch. The singing verse was weird ax, but it's very catchy. Kez, by the end of your verse you sounded awfully bored "as we laugh while we cruise around and light a joint" see what I'm saying? On the otherhand, lyrically you were stellar and in my mind I can't help but think what a waste. Plus your quality seems to have taken a step backwards from So Back.

Killer: I do like that you're experimenting (i.e. that chorus, that vocoder type effect or w.e.) but I'm not a huge fan of that hook and ax you're first verse started a little bit off, it still flows but its not smooth. (i.e. i never had the guts to do it but i finally do.) Kez you got yourself a nice verse, love the finish (fuck the queen, rip the heart of that king) and the cardinal sin line. The bridge annoys me and it was even more annoying when both of you did it together and not even match in vocals. The third verse is clutch, it saved this song imo. Back n forth shit is working for you 2.

Havana Blvd: The beat/hooks are awesome. Ax the melodies you make are awesome, but your singing vocal still needs work. Kez you had yet another nice verse with some nice rhymes. Ax you got a nice verse as well, yours is a lot more catchy than lyrical and Kez is more lyrical than he is catchy. Together it makes a good duo. Btw that is definitely Shakira right?

Kings & Superstars: Wow this beat is incredible! These interchanges between each verse are just perfect, I'm honestly impressed. Ax you're verse migh be just a tiny bit louder than kez though. Flows are perfect from both and you guys are flowing off each others rhythms, which is nice. Short song, no hook, yet it might be my favorite.

Set Me Free: The beat is really heavy and Ax you're voice works real well with it because you got a very deep and strong voice.

Hate Us Again:
Kez:"Motherfuckers want to kill us thats why Ax had to Die Again" haha nice..sometime/dumb time flow was real nice there. Finally a Kez chorus...I've been waiting for this one. I like it very much.
Ax: nice delivery its really haunting.
Highlights: "Hate our quality, my accents, and ? go fuck you" and that singing at the end.

Feels So Great: Definitely feels like a good time beat.
I dont like your verse Ax. Let me explain why it feels so simple/plain and nothing to it. If you feel so great then show us why...but on this verse you don't.
"on the floor like a doormat" "nigga I'm the shit" Rhymes are simple. Concept is simple. Hook is awfully simple. Kez on the otherhand, you brought exactly what I expected "fuck what all these whore think, I couldn't feel more great, the fuckin most annoying" great rhymes right there kez. You'er verse had a great use of vocab and syllable rhyming!

The Return: Cool beat. It's like a club beat with a lot of intensity. Nice adlibs and mixing Ax. Kez I like the structure on this verse, very original from your other verses with a few switch ups. Ax you're slurring a lot on ur verse and you're rhymes

Our House:
Kez: those rhymes are great man keep it up. The flow while it was on beat, it was not as smooth as it can be. (i.e. "there will be no retention, I only know the question")
Ax: hmm the verse really doesn't fit in with kez's subject matter. I liked these lines "i can't compete with this bitch, because you sucking the dick of those who critique this shit" and the way it flowed into the "one thing to be big ax 's misses"
Chambers: nice flow, but you sound a bit bored though. Though I would wish you would change up your structure a bit more. Notice how ax's rhymes don't necessarily hit in the same beat. Overall though I feel you had the cleanest verse in terms of both flow and quality.

Full Of Myself: Wow ax that hook sounds like some frank sinatra shit. This beat is incredible sounds old school and groovy.
Kez: vocals need to be a tad bit louder. great rhyme scheme though.."why respect is expected."
Ax: awesome verse man..
One of the best songs on this song, easy.

Rise From The Ashez: Ok i dig this beat, very simple n catchy. "karatee, any form of self defense" feels a little off to me kez. Some great rhymes and lyrics. "my cup runneth over with rhymes, but that's refillable, every letter in the alpahbet i slashed n killed em all" This is one of my favorites on the album I'd say. Quality sounded pretty good here.

My World III: haha ax nice falsetto voice. EmoKez on this song "I hate myself, I wanna kill myself" :laughing: Nice beat btw, I like those strings a lot. Ax you remind me a lot of South Park Mexican with the way you sing over your beats. (check him out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjtPUlhNddY) Kez again lyrics have some nice lyrics but i wanna hear more variety the stuff you say. I wanna hear more punchlines as well.

Lost Ones: that's an interesting flow ax, haha. I had a hard time understanding you but I like the change up. Kez fast flow really does suit you.

Overall:
Ax: You need to learn to change up your tone a little bit, you sound monotone on some verses but overall your delivery is very strong. You should work on stepping up your lyrical game, you're rhymes are nice but there's not much syllables or multiple rhyme schemes. Take a lesson from Kez on that. Like I said earlier, you have a nice vision for melodies and they way they are costructed. You really just need to work on that singing voice and pracitice hitting the right note evry time. I'm impressed with how you carried the tape and how you left a big ax-d taste on it.

Kez: You need to learn to lead songs more, like you did on Rise From the Ashez and Hate Us Again. You lyrics are great and flow is really nice, but the creativity in the verse subject matter is very lacking. I also wanna hear more variety in concepts that you choose. While I do realize the main concept of the tape, I feel ax talked about a lot of different things in his verses, you should take a lesson from that. You pretty much carried the lyrical weight on this tape but it was pretty obvious the commander was Big Ax-D as his influence was very much all over the tape.

The tape was pretty good guys. The album concept was great and didn't annoy me (no pun intended) Two issues were the beat choices and the singing wasn't especially good from either of you. My beef with the beats isn't whether they were good or not, but the variety in them. You guys managed to make these songs catchy and lyrical which is very hard thing to do. Good work, good job and keep it up.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Jul 30th, '11, 09:03

@EminemisLegend.- thank you my brother :worship: :worship: :worship: glad you liked it. :8) stop hiding yourself and get back on the mic lol... thanks again for your feedback bro, greatly appreciated.

@Tornado.- thanks for listening and comments, sorry you didn't liked it man. maybe next time :y:

@Tash.- thanks a lot for the indeph feedback man, greatly appreciated man, glad you liked the album, however there's a couple things I noticed there that I wanna clarify real quickey:

Btw that is definitely Shakira right?

hahaha nope, her name is Heather Headly

If you feel so great then show us why...but on this verse you don't.

I'm not talking about great as in greatness... but as in, I'm happy kind of great, despite all the people that want to throw us down. lol

aaaaannnd this one
You should work on stepping up your lyrical game, you're rhymes are nice but there's not much syllables or multiple rhyme schemes

here I just want to tell, just because I dont bold them, doesn't mean they aren't there. My style is not much for show off... but I bet you if you listen carefully you might find something great in there :y:
and listen to "Lost Ones" again.. the entire fucking verse rhymes together in quadruple mutliple shit lol. Its not that I have to step it up... its just not my style, but If I want to do it, there's the proof I can. so I wont lol

anyways, thank you man, thanks to tornado and Eminemislegend, and to everybody that listen, comment, blah blah.
:y: :wave:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Tash8 » Jul 30th, '11, 20:30

Big Ax-D wrote:@Tash.- thanks a lot for the indeph feedback man, greatly appreciated man, glad you liked the album, however there's a couple things I noticed there that I wanna clarify real quickey:

Btw that is definitely Shakira right?

hahaha nope, her name is Heather Headly

oh fasho, sounds a lot like her, she sounds sexy as hell though

If you feel so great then show us why...but on this verse you don't.

I'm not talking about great as in greatness... but as in, I'm happy kind of great, despite all the people that want to throw us down. lol

i guess this is one of the cases where I just misunderstood the concept. so no worries.

aaaaannnd this one
You should work on stepping up your lyrical game, you're rhymes are nice but there's not much syllables or multiple rhyme schemes

here I just want to tell, just because I dont bold them, doesn't mean they aren't there. My style is not much for show off... but I bet you if you listen carefully you might find something great in there :y:
and listen to "Lost Ones" again.. the entire fucking verse rhymes together in quadruple mutliple shit lol. Its not that I have to step it up... its just not my style, but If I want to do it, there's the proof I can. so I wont lol

fasho its fine that its not your style. But Lost Ones, I honestly couldn't understand you so it was hard for me to pick up the rhymes...

its okay with kez on your side because like I said he is the Lyrical side of TMA and you are the Catchy/Versatile side.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Tornado » Jul 31st, '11, 16:21

Big Ax-D wrote:@Tornado.- thanks for listening and comments, sorry you didn't liked it man. maybe next time :y:

Nah man, i did enjoy it overall man, surprised me a little how good the best bits were.
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby randomghost » Jul 31st, '11, 21:36

downloading and gonna feed soon :happy:
randomghost
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kez » Aug 4th, '11, 20:24

classthe_king wrote:Ermmmm, I have Anticlimax and Breakout :zipped:

Why? I thought you said they sucked.

Bumpin this too.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Solace » Aug 13th, '11, 20:59

Can someone give me a separate link to "Lost Ones"?
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby classthe_king » Aug 13th, '11, 21:01

Kez wrote:
classthe_king wrote:Ermmmm, I have Anticlimax and Breakout :zipped:

Why? I thought you said they sucked.

Bumpin this too.

Well how would I know they sucked if I didn't download and listen to them :coffee:
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 14th, '11, 06:26

^^^ Is that really necessary??

Kez, you too, stop teasing him.
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 19th, '11, 05:23

I Just want to give a Final Bump to this album.

Before we proceed to the next in line.

Big Ax-D - Afterlife :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Solace » Aug 20th, '11, 22:16

Solace wrote:Can someone give me a separate link to "Lost Ones"?

Cough.

Also, I love the cover work Ax-D.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby SG. » Aug 20th, '11, 22:29

What happened to Tom Chambers? He seems to be less active these days.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Solace » Aug 20th, '11, 22:53

Zabe wrote:What happened to Tom Chambers? He seems to be less active these days.

He's getting married

:coffee:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby SG. » Aug 20th, '11, 22:55

Oh, congrats to him if he reads this. :beerchug:
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

PreviousNext

Return to A.S. Collections