The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Help please

Help please

Postby Man1x » Jun 4th, '11, 01:23

Okay so I want to produce some tracks. What would be good equipment to do so and what would I do with this equipment to make a good beat sound professional?
:8)
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Help please

Postby Phantom » Jun 10th, '11, 06:51

start off slow, get a good midi controller and use fl studio or reason. i would recommend fl cus you can import vsts and use them for mixing and other sounds and instruments. once you progress, getting keyboards and drum machines will appeal to you, but i would suggest starting off with software at first because the learning curve is much smaller
Phantom
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Help please

Postby lifeadeath » Aug 14th, '11, 16:52

Pretty odd question in my opinion, "how to make a good beat sound professional"? Hmm, it's not really about your equipment, it's about what you do with your equipment. You can manage with only FL Studio and get professional beats done with it if you got the skills and ears for it. You don't have to get bunch of equipments because other people might use them.

Start slow with only a software and maybe a midikeyboard. When you get the hang of the software and know a bit how to use it, you can update your equipments a bit. In my opinion, the most important things you need are only the software, headphones and monitors, those are the main things you need and everything else is just a plus. Even I don't use much anything else and I work with professionals in the business.
Life and Death Productions | Beat Store

P.S, Life and Death, are you god?
lifeadeath
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Producer's Lounge