The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Midi Keyboards

Midi Keyboards

Postby BumShiv » Aug 3rd, '11, 06:37

Im want to try to get a midi keyboard or any equipment to help me in fl studio. Any suggestions and what equipment i should start off with (that isn't over 150 dollars)? Thanks! :y:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Midi Keyboards

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 3rd, '11, 07:52

dont even think twice about it... buy the M-Audio in any Apple store :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby BumShiv » Aug 3rd, '11, 20:44

iight thanks bro :y: and this might be a stupid question but it comes with a wire to connect it to my laptop to use it in FL Studio right? bc that usb input in the back doesnt seem like a regular one
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 4th, '11, 03:46

RecoveryEminem wrote:iight thanks bro :y: and this might be a stupid question but it comes with a wire to connect it to my laptop to use it in FL Studio right? bc that usb input in the back doesnt seem like a regular one

what do you mean? what kind of laptop is it?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby BumShiv » Aug 4th, '11, 04:17

nvrm i looked at a unboxing vid and everything is in there. You use the keyboard with FL?
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lifeadeath » Aug 15th, '11, 18:37

Usually midikeyboards comes with USB and MIDI outputs. Just put the USB to your laptop and it should start working right away in FL Studio. If it doesn't so you just need to edit the settings in FL Studio, that's it.

At that price range it doesn't really matter which midikeyboard to get. They're pretty much all the same, maybe some small things are different, like the touch and some might have few knobs but I haven't ever used those. Keyboard with good touch is all you need.
Life and Death Productions | Beat Store

P.S, Life and Death, are you god?
lifeadeath
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Producer's Lounge