The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How to make your beat sounds Full...

How to make your beat sounds Full...

Postby Tash8 » Aug 17th, '11, 19:56

so one of the reasons Dr. Dre is been acclaimed as one of the best producer is how big sounding his beats are and how he masters his beat.

If you got any tips for making ur beats sound full and loud, post them here.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Re: How to make your beat sounds Full...

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 18th, '11, 08:50

Well, what I do (and what most should do) is Equalize the master and make it more bassy sounding, then add the right method of compression and afterwards a good Pre-Mastering.

That means, make sure the beat is LOUD and Smooth but it doesnt peak, and that there is enough dB Headroom.

Try doing that.
- Equalize The Beat
- Compress it Properly
- Do a Pre-Mastering. (you can use some Anti-Alias filters for this or just a good Pre-Mastering preset on Adobe Audition)
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Re: How to make your beat sounds Full...

Postby Tash8 » Aug 19th, '11, 09:29

Big Ax-D wrote:Well, what I do (and what most should do) is Equalize the master and make it more bassy sounding, then add the right method of compression and afterwards a good Pre-Mastering.

That means, make sure the beat is LOUD and Smooth but it doesnt peak, and that there is enough dB Headroom.

Try doing that.
- Equalize The Beat
- Compress it Properly
- Do a Pre-Mastering. (you can use some Anti-Alias filters for this or just a good Pre-Mastering preset on Adobe Audition)

good tips man, i'll post what i can later on but i'm not very good at this part.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Return to Producer's Lounge