The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How to bring out Bass in Beats

How to bring out Bass in Beats

Postby BumShiv » Aug 22nd, '11, 02:24

So when im making beats i always have my beats by dre studio headphones on. I can def hear the bass through the headphones but when i play it through speakers i cant hear it. That is def a problem because not everyone is gonna have headphones on while listening. So, any one got any tips/advice on how to bring out the bass more? any help would be appreciated :y:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Re: How to bring out Bass in Beats

Postby BumShiv » Aug 23rd, '11, 05:44

i think my problem is that i dont know how loud the bass is supposed sound :unsure: I have the same problem with a 808 kick too. i could never get it to sound right through stereo and headphones. any other tips ?
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 23rd, '11, 06:00

Usually bass/any other sounds shouldn't be any louder then just below half the dynamic range of a WAV file.
Kicks and snares should be at full volume.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby BumShiv » Aug 23rd, '11, 07:49

iight thanks :y: oh and is there any filters you guys do that bring out the bass?
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Aug 23rd, '11, 08:19

Ehh.....When I wanna just pull bass from a file and reinsert it into the middle I usually use a resonance filter or vocoder..
Depends really..
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 25th, '11, 05:20

You Shouldn't be using your heaphones only, you should use both, your speakers and the heaphones. But most importantly your speakers. The Dr.Dre Heaphones are not really made for beat production. yes it might sound better to you, but then you are creating the music specifically for those headphones so other people will not enjoy it.

The bass and the very booming kicks like on the 808, should'nt be too lowd. you should EQ both of them and try to identify the frequencies that are causing distortion and phasing out with the rest of the song and attenuate them accordingly. Don't remove all the bass tho', just make sure its not interfeering with the song. :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby BumShiv » Aug 25th, '11, 06:22

iight thanx bro i really need to put down these goddamn headphones lol. i use them 2 much when making beats. thanks for the advice :y:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Producer's Lounge