The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rode NT1-A Test

Rode NT1-A Test

Postby mdemaz » Oct 21st, '11, 23:03

Motherfuckers thought I was gonna keep messing around forever, well here we go people.

We are into the looking glass now.

Btw, the M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface rig is pretty epic, I ended up throwing away my speakers and just used the rig for listening to/making music, lmfao.
If you guys are willing to spend more money, then buy yourselves a deflector for a couple of bucks, it will stop your voice bouncing off the walls, I never used it here, because I wanted to show how epic it sounds raw and make you imagine how good it would sound in a soundproof booth.

Make sure you keep the gain low for the mic and speak close to it to minimize echo and reverb from the room while still getting a loud output for your rap vocals.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Re: Rode NT1-A Test

Postby B.A.D. » Nov 10th, '11, 02:30

"M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface"

where did you buy that?
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby mdemaz » Nov 10th, '11, 02:53

Big Ax-D wrote:"M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface"

where did you buy that?

Billy Hyde I think...
http://www.allansbillyhyde.com.au
Btw, I managed to tweak all this stuff even more lately, it sounds sick..I should of got the NT2-A with 360 polar response though to record video with..But it's w/e really, I'm not a millionaire..
Yet..

Would you have any tips Ax?
How do you manage to get that...I dunno...Fucking, epic vocal tone..?
What's your set up? :o
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Nov 10th, '11, 03:10

well it all comes down to mixing tbh

NT2-A is the best condenser for vocal recording imo, thats what we use in SAE. but yeah, if you know mixing, everything is possible
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby mdemaz » Nov 10th, '11, 03:25

Big Ax-D wrote:well it all comes down to mixing tbh

NT2-A is the best condenser for vocal recording imo, thats what we use in SAE. but yeah, if you know mixing, everything is possible

How would the 2's cardioid be diffrent from the 1?
I only use cardioid polar pattern for vocals to stop the echo...
But you're right, I'm willing to invest in buying a 2 if I can find one.
But they didn't sell them there..That's what sucks, I'm in a pretty fucked up part of the world really, Brisbane sells decent stuff, but not the best..
Sounds a bit weird, does the 2 have a better frequency response?
But like you said, it all comes down to mixing..
But it's evident of what quality you have even if your mixing skills is great..

Dude, I seriously have a lot more to learn and it's exciting..
I'm willing to throw away everything I've done in the past and start again.
I always thought this was a hobby, but I'm willing to make it a profession one way or the other.
ImageImageImage

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Return to Producer's Lounge