The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Question for the audiophiles

Question for the audiophiles

Postby metsfan1121 » Oct 3rd, '13, 03:40

Question for the audiophiles on board, do artists generally release an editable file of a song? I know very little of music engineering but I'd imagine that some sort of filetype is necessary which includes the various sound bits used in the song (vocal tracks, snares, etc).
metsfan1121
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Question for the audiophiles

Postby Spyder » Oct 3rd, '13, 04:15

i moved this, to this section as it isnt about your work, but more so about how music is made.

also, i think really the only thing you can hope for is an instrumental and an acapella. though im not sure.
from the producers on here, they either use samples and add flare to them, or use individual instruments from whatever program they are using, to create the beat totally from scratch.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby metsfan1121 » Oct 3rd, '13, 12:37

Spyder wrote:i moved this, to this section as it isnt about your work, but more so about how music is made.

also, i think really the only thing you can hope for is an instrumental and an acapella. though im not sure.
from the producers on here, they either use samples and add flare to them, or use individual instruments from whatever program they are using, to create the beat totally from scratch.

This is what I was thinking of. Could I for example, lower the snare beat on an eminem song?
metsfan1121
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby eXceL » Oct 3rd, '13, 14:16

to OP, no they usually don't release what you are talking about, which are the multitrack sessions. You can get bob marley and marvin gaye sessions online, older stuff like that is plausible. however, the only reason you can get those multitracks is because they are used for teaching engineers how to put things together.
eXceL
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby lifeadeath » Jan 19th, '14, 14:24

I'm with eXcel, mainstream artists or any artist doesn't really release multitrack sessions- Why would they? The songs are finished. However, there's a lot of Remix competitions online and they usually provide the multitrack sessions so people can remix those.
Life and Death Productions | Beat Store

P.S, Life and Death, are you god?
lifeadeath
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Producer's Lounge