The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

RHYME TUTORIAL - Study this shit!!

Postby Ixaac50 » May 3rd, '07, 00:46

Kinda Complicated... :confusion:
Ixaac50
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Marth » May 6th, '07, 19:40

Coccoa wrote:Oh well. May he rest in peace.
The world has gone crazy like eminem on kim
Marth
Soldier
Soldier

Re: RHYME TUTORIAL - Study this shit!!

Postby Xray » Feb 9th, '08, 10:10

yo 4d why is this called rhyme turorial and not emine's tutorial? because your teaching people how to write lyrics like eminem..use his type of multis and his type of structure...and thats not a good thing because a rapper doesn't need a tutorial to write or spit...cause this tutorial is like you wanna become eminem you wanna copy his style here it is read the below :n: which aint good at all a rapper needs originality not tutorials and for you gimmics who read this than your defanately a fake another clone of eminem so hope ya'll proud of your originality :y: NOT HATING, SAYING THE TRUTH
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Ka0t1c » Feb 16th, '08, 00:52

why you gotta be mean, this is for wanna be rappers or young rappers tryna up their skills to get on a higher level, this doesn't mean steal Eminem's style.
oh yeah... and thanks for nothing too
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Mar 11th, '08, 03:23

Xray wrote:yo 4d why is this called rhyme turorial and not emine's tutorial? because your teaching people how to write lyrics like eminem..use his type of multis and his type of structure...and thats not a good thing because a rapper doesn't need a tutorial to write or spit...cause this tutorial is like you wanna become eminem you wanna copy his style here it is read the below :n: which aint good at all a rapper needs originality not tutorials and for you gimmics who read this than your defanately a fake another clone of eminem so hope ya'll proud of your originality :y: NOT HATING, SAYING THE TRUTH

got to disagree, i wouldnt say that this tutorial shows how to write like eminem, it show sof the core skills to write complex lyrics, what you do with them core skills, and what section of them you decide to advance in if completely your own choice and doesnt mean your copying anyone. just because eminem uses all these skills doesnt mean your copying him, infact every rapper uses these skills in one way or another, some do it good others do it bad lol
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby 4D » Mar 12th, '08, 10:10

Xray wrote:yo 4d why is this called rhyme turorial and not emine's tutorial? because your teaching people how to write lyrics like eminem..use his type of multis and his type of structure...and thats not a good thing because a rapper doesn't need a tutorial to write or spit...cause this tutorial is like you wanna become eminem you wanna copy his style here it is read the below :n: which aint good at all a rapper needs originality not tutorials and for you gimmics who read this than your defanately a fake another clone of eminem so hope ya'll proud of your originality :y: NOT HATING, SAYING THE TRUTH

Shows how much you know about hip-hop when you think Eminem's the only one who writes rhymes that incorporates all these skills. Rakim pretty much introduced all these skills to emceeing, you could at least say it was trying to make people like him.

This tutorial is only a tool, not a fucking demand for people to use. You can use the tutorial if you want to learn how to write complex rhymes, or you can not use it if you have no interest in that type of thing. I don't give a shit either way. This is for people who want to learn about the different facets of hip-hop lyricism, you don't have to use all these things in your rhymes, but it's advisable for anyone who wants to be a respected lyricist, to at least pracitice all the neccessary skills.

P.s I didn't write it, I just posted it 'cos people were asking all the time, "What are multi's?", "What are metaphor's and similies?", etc. It's a tutorial (Look the word up), not a court order. :confusion:
.......http://www.forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34661......
^^Read The Download Section Rules!!^^
4D
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SajN » Mar 12th, '08, 10:12

I didn't even think of this to be something like Eminem's lyrics.

I used this as 4D said, to find out what multies and the other stuffs are :y:

And that helped me alot.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Xray » Mar 12th, '08, 11:20

okay im sorry for saying its an eminem type tutorial i dunno what i was thinkin..

but if you read tutorials than your not a natural your just a forcer..
real thoughts and lyrics comes from with in, not from tutorials..
same with rapping..if you read a tutorial on how to rap..than your another forcer..
originality comes from those who don't need tutorials..
but those who figure things out themselves and thats the only way to improve..
so if you want to improve than read this tutorial and it'll only make you more uncertain how to write lyrics cause your forcing lyrics and structure and multis etc..you should only use multis if you already know about it but if someone tells you to use more multis than again your lyrics wont sound original it'll be something that someone else wanted..so don't listen to criticism cause that only forces yu to work on things that people want but not you..if your a natural than you should already know all this shit from the day you start..not read a tutorial than start cause that if everyone reads tutorials and do same shit than whats so unique about you? you'll be just another clone of the tutorial..nuttin special but a good listener..

no hate to your tutorial but thats how i see things :y:

Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SajN » Mar 12th, '08, 13:30

Xray wrote:okay im sorry for saying its an eminem type tutorial i dunno what i was thinkin..

but if you read tutorials than your not a natural your just a forcer..
real thoughts and lyrics comes from with in, not from tutorials..
same with rapping..if you read a tutorial on how to rap..than your another forcer..
originality comes from those who don't need tutorials..
but those who figure things out themselves and thats the only way to improve..
so if you want to improve than read this tutorial and it'll only make you more uncertain how to write lyrics cause your forcing lyrics and structure and multis etc..you should only use multis if you already know about it but if someone tells you to use more multis than again your lyrics wont sound original it'll be something that someone else wanted..so don't listen to criticism cause that only forces yu to work on things that people want but not you..if your a natural than you should already know all this shit from the day you start..not read a tutorial than start cause that if everyone reads tutorials and do same shit than whats so unique about you? you'll be just another clone of the tutorial..nuttin special but a good listener..

no hate to your tutorial but thats how i see things :y:

Not my fault, that I live in country that doesn't has english as first language.
I had to practise my english first, and I couldn't find places where words like multies and wordplays were explained, except for here.. I don't see this tutorial as help to improve your writing skills,
I look at this as a help for what the different words mean.
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby 4D » Mar 12th, '08, 22:02

Once again, you're looking at this in the wrong way.

This tutorial was designed for people who want to be internet text battlers. If you've ever been in a text battle, and had to suffer a vote on your rhymes, you will realise that they will judged on the technical skills you have as a lyricist. This tutorial carefully explains the different skills a rhymer can have, but doesn't necessarily mean they will have or should have.

All artists of any art or skill, no matter what it is, have to study that art, and every aspect of it, if they want to become the best. No matter how much natural talent they have. What makes it original is your talent and imagination and how you convey that in your art or skill.

The following are just a few of the lyricists that use all the said skills in the tutorial, but are all original in their own way:

Nas
Common
Eminem

Nas wrote a song backwards, "Rewind", that starts at the end. Ground breaking originality.
Common wrote a song called "I Used To Love Her", which has one of the best stories of all hip-hop songs.
Eminem wrote "Stan", which is also one of the best hip-hop stories ever written.

These are just 3 examples of artists that incorporate all the skills explained in the tutorial, but what sets them apart from each other and their counterparts, is their imagination, their talent, and point of views. The originality is in the content and the way you use the skills.
4D
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Xray » Mar 13th, '08, 07:44

4D wrote:Once again, you're looking at this in the wrong way.

This tutorial was designed for people who want to be internet text battlers. If you've ever been in a text battle, and had to suffer a vote on your rhymes, you will realise that they will judged on the technical skills you have as a lyricist. This tutorial carefully explains the different skills a rhymer can have, but doesn't necessarily mean they will have or should have.

All artists of any art or skill, no matter what it is, have to study that art, and every aspect of it, if they want to become the best. No matter how much natural talent they have. What makes it original is your talent and imagination and how you convey that in your art or skill.

The following are just a few of the lyricists that use all the said skills in the tutorial, but are all original in their own way:

Nas
Common
Eminem

Nas wrote a song backwards, "Rewind", that starts at the end. Ground breaking originality.
Common wrote a song called "I Used To Love Her", which has one of the best stories of all hip-hop songs.
Eminem wrote "Stan", which is also one of the best hip-hop stories ever written.

These are just 3 examples of artists that incorporate all the skills explained in the tutorial, but what sets them apart from each other and their counterparts, is their imagination, their talent, and point of views. The originality is in the content and the way you use the skills.

damn i never looked at it like that :sweating:

gotta say your right man :y:

Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby 4D » Mar 13th, '08, 09:52

Xray wrote:damn i never looked at it like that :sweating:

:angry: Damn, I was enjoying that argument.

:p
4D
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Xray » Mar 13th, '08, 10:04

4D wrote:
Xray wrote:damn i never looked at it like that :sweating:

:angry: Damn, I was enjoying that argument.

:p

and i was getting chain sawed :p

Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby 4D » Mar 14th, '08, 10:41

Hardly "chain-sawed", it was more a gentle hammer-bludgeoning. :D
4D
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Gatastrophic » Apr 25th, '08, 22:57

Code: Select all
I couldn't give a care about what you did to your hair
my simplistic rhymes got you gaspin for air
but I dont know why you wanna rap aganst me
I have you a gun point quicka then the hunta who shot bambi

I've been trying to be a better rapper but for some reason I have a hard time picking things to freestyle about in a freestyle and once I pick something I get stuck on it trying to think of something else about it, even though I know it can be any thing in the world.
Gatastrophic
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

PreviousNext

Return to Producer's Lounge