The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How I came to enjoy Eminem...and everything else

Just joined the TRshady family? Introduce yourself to the members.

How I came to enjoy Eminem...and everything else

Postby gpjamison » Jul 7th, '14, 20:10

Until I was about 16 years old, all I ever listened to was classic rock music. I was obsessed with The Beatles and I despised rap music. One day I decided that I was going to learn more about John Lennon's and Paul McCartney's post-beatles solo music. One thing I discovered is that they often made little subtle jabs to each-other back and forth in their music in the years following the breakup of The Beatles. I thought that it was really cool and eventually I found them listed in an article about the "top ten music fueds of all time" or something like that. At the top of the list was Eminem and Mariah Carey, so I looked into it and I thought all the references they made about each-other were really cool. Especially Mariah's Obsessed video and The Warning by Slim. I found a list of all the songs that referenced Mariah by Em and listened to them all, and realized that I really liked him and so I started listening to other Eminem songs. It was a pretty important point in my life because I realized that I had missed out on so much by only ever listening to classic rock. I began to wonder what else there was that I was missing, and have tried to listen to everything since. I am now a fan of tons of music genres from multiple decades, and Eminem was the bridge that helped me realize that. Glad to join the forum :)
gpjamison
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: How I came to enjoy Eminem...and everything else

Postby Mr Evil » Jul 7th, '14, 21:03

Welcome :y: You and @csw621 should get on like a house on fire
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Jul 8th, '14, 10:01

Welcome... :y: Stay active.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby kasia » Jul 8th, '14, 10:30

Francesco wrote:Welcome... :y: Stay active.

:y:

have fun here!

This darkness comes in me (Evil twin)
And comes again
That ain't me
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Hi! My Name Is...