The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Proposition For Future Tourney!

All locked or closed battles.

Proposition For Future Tourney!

Postby EyeQ200 » Aug 20th, '11, 12:26

I guess i'll get straight to the pitch.
Anyway, usually when there's a tourney we follow the same sort of bracketing format.
From 16 to 8 to 4 to the final, BUT, taking inspiration from the football (soccer) season starting back up, i thought maybe we could test the waters on the next tourney and set it out as a sort of league instead of a knock out tourney. It would take a lot longer, but it gives everybody a lot more battles AND i believe it is much more fair :b:

The reason for this would be that in a KO tourney, two good battlers may be placed against each other in the first bracket, whereas in a league-styled tourney everybody would get a fair chance to battle people their level, lower level & higher level, it gives a much more even outcome!

This isn't to say KO tourneys aren't cool, because i like the system, and it's a lot quicker, but you only get between 1 to 4 battles, and it's disheartening for any battler to be out of a tourney the very first round, wouldn't you say?

The example i gave in the change for the section thread, which is here:
http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=121410
Is that Spyder (Big shoutout to him for trying to remould, recreate and rebirth this section! :worship:)
Has a 44-9 Battle record, whether that is all at this site i am uncertain of (He could answer this for us) but, a lot of the people here are just members of this forum and it's a real problem where it takes so long to get votes, and people can only get (for example) 15 battles a year, that would mean over the time period of 4 years, we would have just over Spyders amount of battles, this slow process of friendly battles really needs improvement, which is what Spyder is trying to configure.

But of course people look forward to tourneys as they think it's an opportunity to get a few battles under their belt, however, they may only get 1, and as other battlers are busy in the tourney, they may not get any more battles for that month or even the following month, i think that a league would help this out, as each battler would get 15 battles (if there were only 16 people involved).

The battles could be held once a week and then a win would be worth 3 points, a draw 1 point, and 0 for a loss, for people who cannot make a battle, the battle can be moved to mid week depending on the situation. Or if somebody has quit the tourney, the person who they are bracketed against that week would recieve an automatic win by way of forfeit.

If anybody can see any problems with this system please state below, or anything i have not covered please ask a question!
Just to add, the tourneys would last around about 15 weeks, which is extremely long, but in my oppinion, maybe worth it, also, all the battles would hold the normal voting system and maybe have perm judges as mentioned in the other thread.

Once again, a big shout out to Spyder for all that he's trying to do right now, it's appreciated :b:
And also a shoutout to all the regular battlers here, and all the regular voters who are just as important in this section as the battlers!

Thanks for your time TR :wave:
Fuck a sig, i go accapella.
EyeQ200
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Proposition For Future Tourney!

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 21st, '11, 05:30

well hahahaha. believe it or not this was the original idea for the tourney, that one that I had, I built and created a system, graphics and had everything set up. but Spyder didn't liked that. :n: so He decided to make it his way now... I'm not longer gonna be involved so I don't know whats gonna go on.

But after this toruney ends (which I dont know if its gonna happen anyways) I'm gonna concentrate on building that league.

I proposed the idea to the Admins to create this Competitions sub-section, and now that Is done, I want to use it properly. and with this, I would even think of creating the League-Sub Section to give birth to this new idea.

I already have a system for this to work properly. So if everybody agree's I can start setting it up right now :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby EyeQ200 » Aug 21st, '11, 13:48

Seconded, EyeQ for section mod :rock:
But yeah, I think its a brilliant idea, and I'm happy for you to be the face of it haha, I don't see many flaws in the idea and I think its pretty solid for finding the best battlers, I'm behind you all the way if your setting it up (no homo)
Fuck a sig, i go accapella.
EyeQ200
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Spyder » Aug 22nd, '11, 21:39

well Ax dont steer em wrong,

ax d did have graphics all made up and was gonna participate,
but i said his way would take way to long and was to difficult to keep track of,
he dropped out cause he couldnt have it his way :smoking:

yes my record is for this site only, i believe my online is like 65-9

im trying to further battle experiences and get more battles, but people(like Ax)
cant do it their way so they negate the move like a child lol

its ok though much love
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby B.A.D. » Aug 23rd, '11, 02:39

since when did you took this the wrong way? I think you should've PM'd me first for me to at least know so we could talk about it.

like a child??, wtf are you talking about? you are the one being childish now.

I told you I wouldn't like to be in it beacuse I didn't liked the way of voting and I thought it was going to be boring. don't make shit up man, youre too grown up for that.

I gave you my good luck wish and decided to stand aside andwait for you to finish so I can do the other one. so please don't come here making stuff up, if you had a bad day, take it with the misses.

can't beleive I'm even replying to this :facepalm

EyeQ2000, we're going to make this happen for sure. :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Return to Past Battles