The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Point System

All locked or closed battles.

New Point System

Postby Spyder » Mar 21st, '13, 23:35

ive been thinking it may be time for a change of the points system. there has been a lot of talk, especially audio, that the cats. make be faulty.
so excluding all active battles of course, what would you like to see the points be for text AND audio.
we'll bring it to a vote

i personally think punches over personals in text, and dont think they should be weighted the same.
i always hate the weight that multies is given. so heres my thing

TEXT
5 punches
3 personals
3 multies/vocab/lexicon
1 flow
1 structure

AUDIO
5 punches
4 flow
3 personals
3 delivery
2 mixing
1 beat choice
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: New Point System

Postby CrashBand » Mar 21st, '13, 23:39

I still think personals should have the same weighting.

And people often confuse punchlines with solely puns/wordplay.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby 12characters » Mar 21st, '13, 23:41

I think personals should be equivalent to punches (in Audio anyways).

I also think delivery should be higher than flow because that's what gives a punch it's impact; how it was said.
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby SliK » Mar 21st, '13, 23:43

I think we should have the option of setting our own. It's up to the challenger to set the guidelines and the other person either accepts or declines.

Personals should be just as heavily weighted as punches imo, it's a diss after all. To say they aren't as important is stupid.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Spyder » Mar 21st, '13, 23:46

12characters wrote:I think personals should be equivalent to punches (in Audio anyways).

I also think delivery should be higher than flow because that's what gives a punch it's impact; how it was said.

but dont you think delivery is somewhat in your natural voice. and people will be inclined to base that vote just on their opinion. i still weighted it nicely, but i think at least flow is more skill, than something that comes naturally.

but these are all good.

so got punches and personals should be same, and delivery higher than flow.
lets get some more views :y:

@Slik, seems reasonable but isnt easier to have one thing that is known? rather than checking the OP to see what point values are where and going back and fourth.
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby SliK » Mar 21st, '13, 23:48

Yeah I think it's good to have a template. Care to explain why punchlines are almost twice as important as personals in your opinion? Is it just because you like writing punches?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Mar 21st, '13, 23:54

Also I think multis are a great way of measuring a writers skill.
It's easy to go:
Yo, you faggot, I'll fuck your mum
In the bum and make her cum

It's a lot harder to write a good diss using multis. Although they aren't that important, it's certainly an objective measure of skill.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Spyder » Mar 22nd, '13, 00:12

i do too actually, the multies thing was basically due to an argument in the CW that some people heavily relied on multies to win, and that they shouldnt be weighted so heavily. so that was just to conform to everyone else lol

punches are what i look for in a battle, and personals in a diss. yes i saw your argument of a battle is a diss. but i take different approaches to writing them and idk i just look for punches in a battle. i think given the short amount of lines we write in these battles that punches are more entertaining.
if you were doing a battle with rounds, or a lot of bars, then i could see them being the same
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby CrashBand » Mar 22nd, '13, 06:54

Nah, personals definitely equal to punches.

We don't want no DNA/100 Bulletz wordplay bullshit verses winning automatically.

Sometimes I feel like you shouldn't need to use the cats. But explain why you think they won.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Spyder » Mar 22nd, '13, 15:47

That's what we use to do, then the cats got put in because it seemed like a better idea lol
I guess some form of proof as to why they voted that way.

Anyone else like that idea?
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to Past Battles