The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Sox vs Geno (b1 r3)

Containing the highly voted or watched battles.

Sox vs Geno (b1 r3)

Postby Spyder » Jun 6th, '11, 01:30

Sox
Before you can lay down a verse I'll put you face down in dirt, in a box kid
6 feet deep is where his dick will peak when he tries to cum(come) up and talk shit
Bout to get cicada buzz, they're "sleepin" on me till I cappuccino(cap a Geno)
I go brrraaaat! and reload, spill his DNA on the pavement when I crack the GENOme
Throw the rag I'm ill bro, I throw on FACK for Geno...and start my Greatest Hits
Add him to the endangered list...he tries to "hand" me a loss and I break his wrist
I'll switch my style up, drop the "punches" and instead get "deep" and dig your grave to this
Leave this tourney "open" for the taking - I put you in a "field" when I bring my "game" to this
Watch me pound my chest for the sound effect while they crown me in the town you rep
The only way ur getting "past me" is when they look in "front" and ur found a-head(ahead)
I'm harder than computing Punnet Squares with a hundred pairs, I splice through and wipe out Geno-types
I'm like a shark, make him go download(down-low) and fill him with some kilobytes(killer bites)
I build the hype and I ain't backing down, I'm like the Leafs cuz I don't "play-off"
So sick I need a day off, you couldn't even get through Class and I'm about the pay off
I a-maze(amaze) like a trick with some cheese when I "take his top off" like when his chick is with me
Watch me point my N9ne at this Shady Vet and make him "Hop" away - "ribbet" and leave

Line 4: genome = collection of all the DNA of the organism
Line 7: drop the punches(stop hitting him) cuz he's already dead haha
Line 8: games like baseball, football, soccer, etc are played on a field...field is open...i dump his body in a field somewhere
Line 10: they'll find u a ahead = they'll find just your head...so then ur ahead LOL
Line 11: Punnet Sqaures are used to calculate the next generation's chances of inheriting certain traits, hundred pairs of genes would make this task very taxing...splice a strand of DNA and delete some genes = genotype wordplay
Line 13: His favorite hockey team is the Toronto Maple Leafs and they haven't been to the playoffs since 2004...i never back down = i don't play-off
Line 14: he struggles in a battle with a non-battle rapper - class_theking...i'm a pro at this, you're still in school LOL
line 16: sig has Tech N9ne, Eminem, and Hopsin(Hop as many people call him)

Geno
You may have the "sox", but there's a "slim" chance you'll be "steppin'" with me,
You've already lost admitting "defeat" while I curb stomp like a fetish for feet,
You ain't ready for "G", no-body can stop me when I'm "around", I shredded to three,
"OD" 'til your head is "empty", pop the air out and put the "triple s's" to sleep
I ain't ready to "leave", but you're "falling" off like you let go of the tree,
"Awh-tumbling" down's so pathetic to me, and your music taste is aesthetically weak,
And I ain't lettin' you "be" until you drop the wordplay settin' the S before G,
I'll make sure you steadily "flee" when I "bug you out" 'til both socks are gone,
Leave you upsetted and weak, win with a "tie" and make you roll off in a "bawl"
You choke like Boston at ball, and you don't need Tech N9ne to see a Bad Season,
You'll end up buried with a "cough an'" a Halls to "breeze" to that "peacin'"
With ease you're "left" "wheezing", "writing" all the "wrong" lines like straight drags
It's like the beast has met decent, fighting bars - "versus" your light weight class
In no "life" will your rhymes smite or pass mine, must be "brain dead" to say it isn't enlightening
To be blown off the "map", only "legend" your "signature" is "based" off of is my "acidic writing"
There's no talkin' back, I'll "black" you out and send you into the clouds, with no "silver" lining.

Line 1 & 2 - Nameplay / socks, stepping, defeat / da feet, curb stomp, foot fetish
Line 3 - G-no / Geno. Round Three
Line 4 - OD... head is "empty" / MT - DMT is a drug / chemical that allows us to dream. Triple s's = Sss (SlimSoxShady) and the sound something full of air makes when you pop it.
Line 5 & 6 - Leaves / falling / trees / "autumn"bling
Line 7 - Letters. B, S, G
Line 8 - flea / bug you out 'til you sox is gone. Bug him out literally
Line 9 - upset / bawl, ties and socks are clothing, also "winning with a tie" as in a draw
Line 10 - Boston Red Sox choking, as if they had a bad season
Line 11 - buried with a coffin and Halls. Halls also has a kind called "Breezers". Breezing to peacing - Quick to leave / RIP
Line 12 - left / right / wrong. wheezing / Weezy (he's a fan)
Line 13 - bars / verses. Fighting Bars vs. Light Weight Class
Line 14 - life / death
Line 15 - map / legend, based / acid, signature / writing
Line 16 - Black / silver. A common optomistic phrase is "every cloud has a silver lining"
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Re: Sox vs Geno (b1 r3)

Postby Spyder » Jun 6th, '11, 01:40

3 punches - sox
3 personals - NA
2 multies - Geno
1 structure - Geno
1 flow - Sox
1 vocab/complex - tie
1 other - NA

4-3 Sox

this battle in my eyes was lack luster, was shaping up to be the best in the tourney and let me down sorry to say. SOx, alot of your punches were the broken wordplay i like, however alot was reached (cappuccino isnt a nice way to play cap a geno imo) needs to have more power and be more direct to the breakdown, geno you put thing in quotes that werent really hard to get, it seemed like u were trying to make the non complex, complex. the only personals were nameplay, other than that could have been writin to anyone, you both threw away tied for biggest category, whoever wins better step up for the final
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby slimsoxshady » Jun 6th, '11, 07:04

haha i actually had very similar "leave" and da-feet wordplays in my rough draft but felt like the "leave" one was too Wayne-esque and i've already used da-feet with my name at least 3 times in battles on here lol

Geno, i think u tried to do what i used to do...have as many attempts at wordplay as you can fit in a single line? right? I kinda liked ur old style better with u setting up one stronger punch per line instead of having 2-3 so-so ones (some were pretty clever though, i liked em) that get lost in the shuffle cuz theres just sooo many...not sure why u switched up but u could def still win if the other judges like ur complexity (i'm sure Zu will vote for u if he's judging this round) so just some words of advice for the final ;)

edit: god damn u got a lot of wordplay on here...i'm not used to reading all that unless it's from my own verses lol...i liked it more the second time i read it
#ThankYouRapGod
slimsoxshady
Addict
Addict

Postby Wreck » Jun 7th, '11, 10:30

Not to intrude on this thread but where is my battle?

If dude didn't send you a verse in time I should get a DQ, the deadline was days ago.
My Beats Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreckles ... 08?fref=ts
My Debut Album- Life or Death- Coming Soon
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Spyder » Jun 7th, '11, 16:35

wreck

i have bith battles, thus one hasnt finished so instead of having judges voting on two at once, one makes more sense right

yes, ok
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Sam. » Jun 7th, '11, 16:37

sox takes it ,if only my votes would have counted . :(
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby ThomasAguanis » Jun 7th, '11, 19:34

(3) Punchlines- Tie- This was too close for me to call. Both had some pretty dope punches.
(3) Personals- Sox- he mentioned Geno's favorite hockey team/his battle with class/his signature, whereas Geno only mentioned Sox's signature/his taste in music.
(2) Multies- Sox, This was close, but I felt Sox's were a bit better.
(1) Flow- Sox- Was a bit smoother, the few extra multis helped it flow better.
(1) Structure- Tie- Both were fairly similar.
(1) Vocab/Complex- Tie- Both came with some very advanced vocab and complex lines.
(1) Other- "Scientific Advantage"- Sox- The Punnet Squares/Genotype reference took me back to high/grade school science class. I'm not a science major, but always enjoyed/excelled in the classes.

12-5 Sox

This battle was actually a lot closer than the score makes it seem. You both did your thing and seemed to elevate skill wise from last round, which is a good thing to see. You both had some very complex lines too, but may have tried to be too complex. This was a good battle and you both are very skilled. In the end, Sox edged a few categories, giving him the win.
B.K.A. The King of Kale A.K.A. The Superfood Sensai
I still rap better than you.

ThomasAguanis
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby mcZu » Jun 7th, '11, 19:54

(3) Punches - Sox, the Greatest Hits, Killobytes/Download, and the Cap A Geno lines were creative and dope, although I must say that the cappucino/cap a Geno line wasn't executed that good.
(3) Personals - NA, none of you guys had any personals.
(2) Multies - Sox, he had obviously the better multies.
(1) Structure - Geno, he had the better structure, I suppose.
(1) Flow - NA, I hate commenting on flow when it is just a piece of text, 'cause I don't know how you guys intended to flow those verses.
(1) Vocab/complex - Geno, his wordplay was good, but not something you'd expect in a rap battle. Geno, you need to use that wordplay skill and write more to the point punches, be a lil' more direct with it, man.
(1) Other - Wordplay, Geno. He had a lot of nice wordplay in his verse, too bad it isn't sufficient for a rap battle, 'cause it has to be more direct.

5 - 3, Sox gets my vote.
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby VenomBlackViper » Jun 8th, '11, 00:12

To me this was tied tbh, I read both verses & would not have been able to pick a winner right then & there. Looks like Sox is advancing though from the votes. Pretty good battle both of yall. :y:
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Wreck » Jun 8th, '11, 00:22

Spyder wrote:wreck

i have bith battles, thus one hasnt finished so instead of having judges voting on two at once, one makes more sense right

yes, ok

Lmao my bad man, I'll let you do your job. Yeah this makes sense.
My Beats Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreckles ... 08?fref=ts
My Debut Album- Life or Death- Coming Soon
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Spyder » Jun 8th, '11, 03:26

hahah wreck i feel like when we talk i seem like a douche

no hate bro

and Sox wins, locked and next battle is goin up now so y'all get off my back like acne pfft
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to Great Battles