The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Game ft. Eminem - We Ain't

A place to discuss songs within our favourite genre.

The Game ft. Eminem - We Ain't

Postby flyingmonkey10 » Jul 8th, '13, 21:34

How can hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?

Image ImageImageImageImage
flyingmonkey10
Role Model
Role Model

Re: The Game ft. Eminem - We Ain't

Postby SliK » Jul 9th, '13, 02:56

Never liked this song tbh.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » Jul 9th, '13, 05:56

I didn't think this song fit The Documentary at all, and Eminem's verse is just ok.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 9th, '13, 05:58

Em stomps out Game, as expected. Great verse. Nothing special, though.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Trimss » Jul 9th, '13, 12:49

SliK wrote:Never liked this song tbh.

Same.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Mathers » Jul 9th, '13, 12:54

I only like the beat.
Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby KaZer » Jul 10th, '13, 17:36

AbramIsaac wrote:I didn't think this song fit The Documentary at all, and Eminem's verse is just ok.

The Documentary is a great album overall but with eminem, I didn't think he put much an effort to make it awe struck track, I was a bit disappointing...

#JMT&AotP #TRmetal
KaZer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Supershade » Jul 10th, '13, 17:40

bigray wrote:I love this song and EM kills it like usual.
Cause I can’t explain to y’all how dang exhausted my legs felt, just having to balance my dang self but on eggshells I was made to walk but thank you, ma, ‘cause that gave me the strength to cause Shady-mania
Supershade
Soldier
Soldier

Postby M15HKA » Jul 13th, '13, 07:33

The writing is average at best, but I did not mind the beat and how they both flowed over the beat.

KaZer wrote:
AbramIsaac wrote:I didn't think this song fit The Documentary at all, and Eminem's verse is just ok.

The Documentary is a great album overall but with eminem, I didn't think he put much an effort to make it awe struck track, I was a bit disappointing...

Apparently they recorded four tracks for the Documentary and this was chosen. The other three went into Eminem's vault.

You are correct about Eminem's lack of effort. This is what the Game said about making the track
The Game: “I flew to 8 Mile and we went and got it in. I went to work with Em for like five days. He had five beats he made me. I rapped on all them ‘cause they were crazy. We recorded like four or five joints, but that was the best joint. [We have songs in the vault], not in my vault though. Em comes in the studio and he just looks like a guy that can’t rap at all. He just chills with some sweats on, Jordans, a hat, and a jacket or a hoodie or something. Then he comes in with more Taco Bell then the law allows man. Fucking, Taco Supremes and Mountain Dew. And he listens, ‘How you feeling? You like this joint? Aight, do ya thing.’ Then he goes off in the corner and starts spitting like he’s in a cypher. And if you look at him, you’d think there’s five other dudes spitting with ‘em like he’s in a real cypher, but it’s just him.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/th ... ry/we-aint
Eminem,Lowkey,Nas,Big Pun,Diabolic,MastaAce,Mobb Deep,Hopsin,TechN9ne,Biggie,Crooked I,BigL,ImmortalTech,KRS-One,Rugged Man,Brotha Lynch Hung,Dead Prez
M15HKA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Drax207 » Aug 21st, '13, 16:40

M15HKA wrote:The writing is average at best, but I did not mind the beat and how they both flowed over the beat.

KaZer wrote:

Apparently they recorded four tracks for the Documentary and this was chosen. The other three went into Eminem's vault.

You are correct about Eminem's lack of effort. This is what the Game said about making the track
The Game: “I flew to 8 Mile and we went and got it in. I went to work with Em for like five days. He had five beats he made me. I rapped on all them ‘cause they were crazy. We recorded like four or five joints, but that was the best joint. [We have songs in the vault], not in my vault though. Em comes in the studio and he just looks like a guy that can’t rap at all. He just chills with some sweats on, Jordans, a hat, and a jacket or a hoodie or something. Then he comes in with more Taco Bell then the law allows man. Fucking, Taco Supremes and Mountain Dew. And he listens, ‘How you feeling? You like this joint? Aight, do ya thing.’ Then he goes off in the corner and starts spitting like he’s in a cypher. And if you look at him, you’d think there’s five other dudes spitting with ‘em like he’s in a real cypher, but it’s just him.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/th ... ry/we-aint

His flow and his voice still kill it, totally fit that killer beat. I mean even Game in the following verse say "Low get Dre on the Phone quick, Tell him Em just killed me on my own shit" big reference to Renegade though.

But that period in Em's life sure is not his most glorious. 2004 to 2007 was a fucking decadence. But I still love this collaboration so much.
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby slims » Mar 16th, '14, 21:18

Meh
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby StanBase » Mar 17th, '14, 16:50

Listened to it again now for the first time in years. Great voice and flow. Dislike the beat.
Rollefsen wrote:this guy is THE Spongebob.

Menzo wrote:one of my lowkey favourite 'newcomers' atm.

cement wrote:youre that real nikka
StanBase
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Hip Hop Reviews