The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

ChildishGambino's Flight of the Navigator is so fucking good

A place to discuss songs within our favourite genre.

ChildishGambino's Flight of the Navigator is so fucking good

Postby OMEGA » Feb 9th, '14, 04:39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNdj0V_c4kM

One of my favorite songs in recent times. Is so weird, yet surreal and beautiful sounding. This song along with the weirdness of Because the Internet is what is turning me into a fan of him.
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: ChildishGambino's Flight of the Navigator is so fucking

Postby Solace » Feb 9th, '14, 05:01

Interesting, I'm actually listening to it right now lol. My favourite on BTI. Fantastic song.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Lost Myself » Feb 11th, '14, 02:33

Flight had to grow on me along with most the other songs around that section of the album (Zealots, The Party, No Exit). Great song. But still, BTI is such a special album for me, it feels like I've been discovering new things about it ever since I first heard it a few months ago. Between the screenplay, the excellent production, the creativity of the song structures, and its overall depth (there isn't a single bad song on the album, IMO), all that creates so much replay value for me. Definitely album of the year, and a classic, and at this rate it might even crack my top ten GOAT, we'll see.
Lost Myself
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Feb 11th, '14, 08:47

The intro was so fucking long I turned it off. Maybe i'll try listen to it again later
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Eedee » Feb 11th, '14, 11:55

Lost Myself wrote:Flight had to grow on me along with most the other songs around that section of the album (Zealots, The Party, No Exit). Great song. But still, BTI is such a special album for me, it feels like I've been discovering new things about it ever since I first heard it a few months ago. Between the screenplay, the excellent production, the creativity of the song structures, and its overall depth (there isn't a single bad song on the album, IMO), all that creates so much replay value for me. Definitely album of the year, and a classic, and at this rate it might even crack my top ten GOAT, we'll see.

I like you. You can stay.

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. BTI definitely is a classic and it's in my top 5 all-time list. Shit, I think I put ahead of Camp (which I think is a 11/10 album).
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Francesco » Feb 11th, '14, 16:24

I agree... I like it a lot too. :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Return to Hip Hop Reviews