The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030 (album)

A place to discuss songs within our favourite genre.

Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030 (album)

Postby boonim » Oct 22nd, '14, 17:02

This album is fantastic!

The theme of the album is the world in the year 3030. A dystopian world with elite rulers who control the world, a bunch of people who blindly follow them, and an underground resistance. The hero, Deltron, along with his side kick Automator is about instigate a war against the rulers. The world, is also...uh...our world -- without the sci-fi. Also, it is the rap world -- corporations/music labels controlling the music, a bunch of wack rappers mindlessly following, and Deltron, with the power of "real" (underground?) hip-hop is going to battle and defeat them.

Many songs on the album seamlessly mix physical battle with rap battle -- a "verbal war with weapons" (on the song Positive Contact). This is very much noticeable on the song Battle Song where rap battles are described: "it took my DAT out, I couldn't back out; It took out the sound man, I'm taking a pounding; I bust out an acapella that's astounding".

There are observations on society in 3030 - which are also observations on our own world (the song Turbulence) and the rap world (Madness is a whole song about the sorry state of rap). I did not find this particularly insightful, but the lyrics...! It's unusual to be told something in such a nerdy cyber-punky way.

That said, it is not easy to unpack the lyrics on this album. Rap Genius helped a bit, but not a lot. Some songs are scientifically accurate (Virus is a song about Del wanting to unleash a computer virus on the corporations), but the rest...don't really know how to interpret and understand them (were they even meant to be interpreted or they just sound good??). But you get a general feel of the theme of every song.

Can't end this without commenting on the awesome production which makes this album a standout. Starting from the first song 3030 which has a grand movie-like feel to it, the intensity does not let up. In fact, Del's rhythmic delivery and flow on these beats is sufficient to make me listen to the album from start to finish. It puts me in a different zone. Really really enjoyed it.
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030 (album)

Postby KaZer » Oct 31st, '14, 07:43

Deltron 3030 is a classic imo

Great read :y:

#JMT&AotP #TRmetal
KaZer
Soldier
Soldier