The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Prison as an Adult 'Time Out'

Chat with fellow members on any other subject.

Prison as an Adult 'Time Out'

Postby EminemBase » May 19th, '12, 01:26

I just had this thought that prison is like an adult time out lmao.

You know how parents sometimes give their children (like naughty 4 year olds) 'time outs' where they have to stand in their corner, or stay in their room, for bad behaviour - I was thinking that prison is essentially an adult version of this, for 'bad behaviour' with adults.

But instead of minutes, it's months and years.

"Come on Mr. Jamerson, you know you shouldn't rape women :shakehead: - 7 year time out!"

It's houses of adults grounded, for being naughty.

I don't have a point really, well... I probably could start going into ridiculous areas of analysis and pointless exploration of what this all could imply, psychologically etc. but fuck that I'll be here all night. Just thought I'd randomly share that, peace out!
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Re: Prison as an Adult 'Time Out'

Postby DƎRDYPK » May 19th, '12, 01:29

real talk
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 19th, '12, 01:36

Yeah that pretty much what it is but more like a Time out where you get butt raped normally lol.
I had the craziest dream where I bad been in prison for like 6 months and I thought to myself I just wasted 6 months of my life when I could have been living But I was also happy that I had been in there for that time because it made me appreciate freedom, lol that has nothing to do with the post but thought I would share it ahaha!
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AbramIsaac » May 19th, '12, 01:37

Sorry guys, I'm buzzing so good I forgot to log in under my alternate account.

I was also thinking that a temporary ban is like that as well. SajN is sort of like the strong-but-fair father to us all.

EB/AI
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby limea » May 19th, '12, 01:45

AbramIsaac wrote:Sorry guys, I'm buzzing so good I forgot to log in under my alternate account.

I was also thinking that a temporary ban is like that as well. SajN is sort of like the strong-but-fair father to us all.

EB/AI

SajN might be the father, but I am the lord. Once you join this forum, you also sell me your soul. I own you, I could ruin all of your lives, and snap you like Atropos cuts the thread of life. Remember that. Remember that well.
limea
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » May 20th, '12, 16:37

I don't think jail/prison always works. You committ a crime, then you are given a roof over your head and (three?) meals a day. Even some thugs out there see it as a status symbol. I once saw a guy on TV who, instead of giving jail/prison time to people and juvinile detention to kids, made them perform acts of public humiliation. There were these younger people who, I think, burned a building, and he made them walk around with a donkey that said along the lines of "We're the asses who burned the building".

Get what I'm saying?
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby SliK » May 21st, '12, 11:15

Unrelated but on the topic of jail.. Have you read much into the Stanford Prison Experiment? If not, I seriously suggest you look into it. YouTube is a good start but there is a .org site dedicated to it as well.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Elision » May 22nd, '12, 09:23

EmBase. It's probably safe to assume that the idea of "time out" is a tiny tea spoon of jail. A way of punishing your child without causing any harm. I'm willing to bet that the method originated after prisons were already a part of modern culture. Not the other way around.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby EminemBase » May 23rd, '12, 05:04

Elision wrote:EmBase. It's probably safe to assume that the idea of "time out" is a tiny tea spoon of jail. A way of punishing your child without causing any harm. I'm willing to bet that the method originated after prisons were already a part of modern culture. Not the other way around.

Regardless of which came first, my thread still stands - it's more about the 'time out' concept being applied to a criminal and adult context which is comical to me.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Elision » May 23rd, '12, 06:05

EminemBase wrote:it's more about the 'time out' concept being applied to a criminal and adult context which is comical to me.
right, no, i'm saying that the adult context of it came first.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby EminemBase » May 23rd, '12, 06:56

Elision wrote:
EminemBase wrote:it's more about the 'time out' concept being applied to a criminal and adult context which is comical to me.
right, no, i'm saying that the adult context of it came first.

I know.

What I am saying is - irrespective of that, it's still comical in context to me due to the fact I am aware of the 'time out' concept with a child. The point is that I was introduced to the concept of 'time out' / first saw it, with children. I know you're saying it's a 'child simulation' of prison, psychologically, and that prison came first: but I still am aware of it in a child's context, so the comical aspect is the same to me.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby UofLCard » May 26th, '12, 04:08

Geno wrote:
UofLCardFan08 wrote:I don't think jail/prison always works. You committ a crime, then you are given a roof over your head and (three?) meals a day. Even some thugs out there see it as a status symbol. I once saw a guy on TV who, instead of giving jail/prison time to people and juvinile detention to kids, made them perform acts of public humiliation. There were these younger people who, I think, burned a building, and he made them walk around with a donkey that said along the lines of "We're the asses who burned the building".

Get what I'm saying?

Lmao is there videos of that?

I couldn't find my exact example, but here's one relating to it-http://crimeprevention.crimereports.com/2009/11/09/creative-sentencing-public-humiliation/
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby the real slim shady » May 26th, '12, 16:49

limea wrote:SajN might be the father, but I am the lord. Once you join this forum, you also sell me your soul. I own you, I could ruin all of your lives, and snap you like Atropos cuts the thread of life. Remember that. Remember that well.

:shakehead:
the real slim shady
Renegade
Renegade

Return to The Afterparty