The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

ever gone into an extreme higher state of consciousness?

Chat with fellow members on any other subject.

Re: ever gone into a extreme higher state of consciousness?

Postby CrashBand » Oct 11th, '13, 10:13

MDMA is pretty great, unless you're looking to "find yourself", lol.

Elision, that sounds unfortunate man, - regarding the paranoia thing - surprised you're still comfortable doing psychedelics.

I've seen a bit of Mckenna but he's a bit brain-fried himself, isn't he? lol. He actually believed he was getting information from a higher being of some sense. Not quite Terry m8.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Elision » Oct 11th, '13, 11:03

CrashBand wrote:surprised you're still comfortable doing psychedelics.
i define myself as a psychonaut first and foremost. wasn't really a question =]
CrashBand wrote:I've seen a bit of Mckenna but he's a bit brain-fried himself, isn't he? lol. He actually believed he was getting information from a higher being of some sense.
Not sure what you mean by brain-fried, he's one of the most fluent and well-spoken individuals I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. As for the higher-being thing, the idea was that the brain is an antenna for some sort of omnipotent force/knowledge that exists within all of nature/the universe. It was his personal explanation of where our ideas come from, how we're able to have completely original ideas and thoughts - what is the root of said thoughts and are they completely self-generated. But he openly admitted that most of his ideas were theories alone.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CrashBand » Oct 11th, '13, 11:11

Yeah, he's very well-spoken.

By brain-fried, I was meaning, like, just from all those shrooms he's eaten, he actually believes he gets information (that he didn't already know) from some higher level shit. Wasn't it like latin names for flowers and shit.

If that theory were true, it should be easy to test. Get heaps of people to do heaps of shrooms or whatever and see if they can get some unkown information (like his latin names). Then there would be a case for it.

He's just kicking the can of explanation back.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Elision » Oct 11th, '13, 11:36

CrashBand wrote:If that theory were true, it should be easy to test. Get heaps of people to do heaps of shrooms or whatever and see if they can get some unkown information (like his latin names). Then there would be a case for it..
There were a lot of psilocybin experiments between the 1930's - 1970's (when nixon declared the war on drugs). it was originally labeled as the telepathy drug (there was a specific word for it that escapes me at the moment) due to the fact that after around 4 grams, almost all users experience very real telepathy between the other subjects. Just do some googling, there's been an eery amount of planet-based psychedelic studies that report unexplained phenomena.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CrashBand » Oct 11th, '13, 12:00

I've seen a bit of Terrence Mckinna and Graham Hancock.

I certainly don't believe some of their trips to be more than what they actually were - trips. But I'm open minded when actual evidence comes through, rather than anecdotal shit.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Elision » Oct 11th, '13, 12:14

evidence for what?

and whether or not the trips hold any place in this reality or they're simply your brains reaction to a substance, it doesn't really matter, because the outcome is the exact same. you come out the exact same person regardless, which is what it's all about. and unfortunately for you, the only way these experiences can be translated into anything useful for the people around them is through anecdotal bullshit. but ultimately the goal (i think) is to encourage you to explore yourself and find your own inner-truths, as hippyish as it sounds. it's pertinent that you have these experiences yourself otherwise stories about them just get thrown in the same pile as all the other bullshit ideas/theories you've heard throughout your life. you can't open someone's mind but you can show them the door i think.

edit: i think it's just as important to participate in natural psychedelic use as it is to eat vegetables and drink water. we are nature, and you can spot people lacking enlightenment just as easily as you can spot someone who eats too much mcdonald's. any plant-based substance being illegal should be a crime in itself.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CrashBand » Oct 11th, '13, 12:22

I think you're confused at what I was getting at.

Don't worry, I'm all for psychedelics.

I just don't believe some other world entity was telling Terrence information he couldn't have got elsewhere, and if psychedelics could do that, it should be easy to set up experiments for.

edit: just to make sure we're clear, I DO think there are various benefits from using psychedelics, and my comment above was purely stating that I don't believe that when you are under the influence of them you are in contact with some sentient being.
Last edited by CrashBand on Oct 11th, '13, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Slim Fiasco » Oct 11th, '13, 12:23

Halftongue Dre wrote:
Slim Fiasco wrote:Yessir - you can check these 2 out for more info:

http://www.amazon.com/Flow-The-Psycholo ... 0061339202

http://www.amazon.com/The-Power-Now-Spi ... 1577314808

But basically, it's like, emotions come in waves, so depending on it you can be feeling very happy, normal, or very sad. Of course, there are different shades of the 3. Like you can be extremely happy and it can come off as you being extremely enthusiastic or just extremely calm. It's usually known as hitting state or being in flow. In other words, you're completely into the moment and your focus is on what's going on in front of you. Therefore, you let your true self i.e. best self to come trough and this is actually what the default state of a human being is. It's most easily and often experienced during childhood because you don't really have an ego back then.

You can take a look at this too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE1j5Om7g0U

Interesting stuff man. Not sure if this was a "flow" moment or not because I was very much in tune with even the birds. Also I truly felt in the presence of God, Jesus, and Satan. I was receiving a message from the devil that he wanted my help. I said no of course but he still used me. But God corrected me like I explained. My experience must have been "flow" combined with a "spiritual emergency/crisis" maybe..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_crisis

Gotcha. Well, I don't know, you can find both of those books on torrents, so I suggest you read em, they are quite great. If you want it mixed with some spirituality read Power Of Now.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby CrashBand » Oct 11th, '13, 12:24

Also, on the subject of legality, 'naturalness' shouldn't come into it. Just harm/benefit to society.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Elision » Oct 11th, '13, 12:52

CrashBand wrote:I just don't believe some other world entity was telling Terrence information he couldn't have got elsewhere, and if psychedelics could do that, it should be easy to set up experiments for.
haha have you had any deep tryptamine experiences? this really isn't that far out there. a good example of what you're looking for is ayahuasca. users are greeted by the goddess commonly known as mother ayahasca. she typically incarnates herself as a serpent or panther, and she's all about tough love. she gives you these insanely vivid representations of your deepest flaws and regrets. it's a brew typically given out by shamans during group cleansing ceremonies, and you can actually fly out and take a 7 - 16 day course where they have you trip every single night until she's done with you. it's something i hope to do one day, but i'm not quite ready for anything like that yet.
CrashBand wrote:Also, on the subject of legality, 'naturalness' shouldn't come into it. Just harm/benefit to society.
Definitely, no substance should be illegal period. i was just trying to stay on topic

edit: night dude :wave:
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Halftongue Dre » Oct 11th, '13, 19:52

guiltyhiphop wrote:HTD, you should have your own TV show, you're so interesting.

Lol my dude..
Halftongue Dre
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Halftongue Dre » Oct 11th, '13, 20:03

Elision wrote:
Halftongue Dre wrote:Interesting stuff man. Not sure if this was a "flow" moment or not because I was very much in tune with even the birds. Also I truly felt in the presence of God, Jesus, and Satan. I was receiving a message from the devil that he wanted my help. I said no of course but he still used me. But God corrected me like I explained.
I would highly recommend psilocybin or ibogaine for you. It'll put you in contact with yourself (god) and snap you out of this jesus/satan thing. Not sure where you're getting all that from :unsure:

Also, MDMA is hardly more than a stimulant. You won't get very much of an experience from it, even in large doses. It's a pure body high.

Drugs are not the way to go. If weed still has a power affect on me then I shouldn't up it with anything. And the Jesus/Satan thing is this spiritual war we are all involved in rather we accept it or not. We are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies but against the evil powers in the unseen world. However this is not the focus of a Christian. Our focus is to be thankful always for the joy God gives us in such a dark and fallen world. Those who choose to seek God early will find him. But those who stand in spiritual darkness are shielded from the truth. We all have a light inside us, some just choose to shine theirs brighter then others. Enjoy your weekend man, be safe and rest easy..
Halftongue Dre
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Elision » Oct 12th, '13, 00:08

Halftongue Dre wrote:Drugs are not the way to go.
Huh? They have been a necessary part of human evolution up to this point. We have regularly ingested psychedelic compounds since the dawn of man, up until just recently due to president nixon.
Halftongue Dre wrote:If weed still has a power affect on me then I shouldn't up it with anything.
No, weed should have a powerful effect on you. And you should learn all you can from it. Those who don't have intense experiences have simply developed a tolerance, which is a sign of abuse, although i'm guilty of it :(
Halftongue Dre wrote:the Jesus/Satan thing is this spiritual war we are all involved in rather we accept it or not. We are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies but against the evil powers in the unseen world.
.... are you trollin or are you being serious right now? and that's not me being facetious. if you are at all serious, i have to ask; where did you get this from? Or was it just a personal revelation?
Halftongue Dre wrote:Our focus is to be thankful always for the joy God gives us in such a dark and fallen world. Those who choose to seek God early will find him.
wait wait, what is your definition of "god" here? because according to my definition, it's within every atom of existence. you don't really have a choice in regards to "finding god". it's just about what you choose to make of it. i mean, the "joy" that you're attributing to god is (i'd assume) all generated by fellow man, so i get that part, but then your sentence right after that talks about finding "him". are you saying this is some entity outside of ourselves that's playing eye-in-the-sky with the human race? i don't understand, i've never experienced anything like this.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Halftongue Dre » Oct 12th, '13, 19:57

In regards to where I have heard that we are in a spiritual war for our souls, I have read it from Ephesians 6:12 in the Holy Bible. Which has proved itself infallible throughout its thousands of years of existence as the inspired very word of God. And yes God(Yahweh) is the supreme being. He exists. And Jesus Christ, the Lord, is his son whom existed with him ever sense the beginning. Everything created was created through him and he gave life to everything. He is the light of the world. The light which shines in darkness where it can never be extinguished. John 1:1-5
Last edited by Halftongue Dre on Oct 13th, '13, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
Halftongue Dre
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby _Linda_1993 » Oct 13th, '13, 03:07

Halftongue Dre wrote:In reguards

stopped reading there...
_Linda_1993
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

PreviousNext

Return to The Afterparty