The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

What is a gangsta?

Chat with fellow members on any other subject.

Re: What is a gangsta?

Postby viJilance » Apr 23rd, '13, 22:38

No 'slang' term really has an actual definition because of its origin from the streets, it can mean anything from anywhere really..

My definition however is basically a mentality. I've met a lot of hardcore O.G.'s (in my opinion at least) and with all of them you HAVE to keep a good level of respect around them, don't joke around about anything really. Keep your voice and tone appropriate, don't get emotional, don't show weakness, don't touch them (minus fist bumps) don't do gay shit like play fight and all that. It's like playing a character. Respect is #1

Business is business. #2 is loyalty, don't screw a gangsta over, they will go out of their way to make their point clear, and they will jump you with your back turned. Once you make it a war, you're knee deep in fuckery, expect a brick through your window at 4:00 am.

Personally I dress like a 'gangster', I like the style. I can't stand these 1990's kids tight jeans, converse, flamboyant checkered, furry snap back OBEY bullshit. Baggy jeans phase may be over, but I am not tightening my testicles for the sake of fashion.... And people usually judge me before they know me, they think I'm scary because I always look pissed or I may have a gun, but it's just a persona, I'm a really cool guy. I just got tired of getting robbed in high school lol. Now I often get other thug looking people asking for cigarettes or weed and i just say "sorry bro" and move along.

It's not a look in my opinion, you can have a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Fuck all of you 1990's faggots. 1989 master race reporting in.

viJilance
Soldier
Soldier

Re: What is a juggalo?

Postby UofLCard » Apr 26th, '13, 02:26

Is the question.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Tornado » May 4th, '13, 19:22

viJilance's post is probably the most accurate definition of a gangster. Forget slang or image, or boasting about shit, people confuse thugs and goons for a gangster
3K & Out
Tornado
Role Model
Role Model

Postby BlueberryWun » May 7th, '13, 04:01

It's just about living a certain lifestyle where if anyone touches your friends by friends i mean fellow gang members you will have their back and handle the situation obviously this where the violance comes into play. Your gang is like a family basically cus alot of us from certain places don't have that so our gang is our fam. It's about loyalty too you can never snitch never turn ya back on ya homiez when they need you.

MURDER, MURDER YOUNG G STRAPPED WITH HIS BURNER BURNER
BlueberryWun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MistaVijilantee » May 7th, '13, 13:01

Elision wrote:
MistaVijilantee wrote:Someone who sells drugs isn't necessarily a gangsta, but I'd consider them a thug.
My dealer is far from a thug :laughing:

I was just generalizing.
Lol, I know plenty of weed dealers who wouldn't harm a fly.
But I know a lot who would bust your fucking head open for looking at them funny.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to The Afterparty