The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

medicational problems

Chat with fellow members on any other subject.

Re: medicational problems

Postby Elision » Dec 18th, '13, 07:13

ChristinaE12 wrote:Yeah but for every page you can post "showing" that ADD/ADHD is fake there are just as much to show it's real.
welcome to the internet.
ChristinaE12 wrote:the actual symptoms of ADD/ADHD are most definitely real.
some people are less focused than others, sure. but it's not a disorder, and it most definitely doesn't require medication.
ChristinaE12 wrote:Just like any Chemical imbalance.
This is another pseudo-myth, there's no evidence of anybody having a mental chemical imbalance. Now this isn't to say that such a thing can't happen - there's simply no way to test for it. Can you be more specific by providing an example?
ChristinaE12 wrote:You being the type of person who suffers from Depression/Anxiety.. I would have thought wouldn't be so naive, but much more acceptable. That would be like me saying people who suffer or are susceptible to depression are just weak minded. That it can't be a real disease. Label them crybabies who can't deal with or accept there emotions. What really sucks about that, is there are way too many people who actually believe that, though.
I deal with my anxiety (mostly) without medication (I have valium for attacks when my breathing gets short), and the fact is I am weaker than those who can simply get over theirs. Same goes for depression. It's a hiccup in my personality that I need to get over. There are medications that can make it easier, but they're not necessary at all. I'm just a huge pussy most of the day.
ChristinaE12 wrote:Oh, and Depression/Anxiety usually coincides with ADD/ADHD.
Right, see the pattern here?
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby ChristinaE12 » Dec 18th, '13, 08:36

You are acting like our "Personalities" is the end all/be all.. Which doesn't make much sense to me...

Provide an example for chemical imbalances? Or a way to test? Like, for example, people who suffer from ADHD/ADD/Depression/Anxiety typically have depleted serotonin levels. Does depression or whatever cause it.. Who knows for sure.. But the medications used to increase/stabilize those levels are fairly efficient in helping said people with those issues. No one can truly pin point why but if it helps... There is much more to it than just us or our brains. Genetics, Environment, Social. It's like we have the symptoms and then we sometimes have a "fix". But all that in between is just a huge gray area.

You suffer from Depression and believe it's a weakness? Well it depends on how you look at it. Yeah, you could call it a weakness, in a weird sense, but there would be absolutely nothing you can do about it. As far as being the type of person who may or may not be, or could suffer from depression. Which I wouldn't really classify as a true weakness, at that point. But, medications can definitely help and a lot of people need that 'help' to get back and therefore could usually stop these medications. Just as you may take an antibiotic to help get over infections that our bodies can't quite kill off on itself? Is there that much of a difference...

I'm kinda confused by your thought process and hope you are trolling, though.. Are you not one who thinks people should take "illicit" drugs to free themselves and their minds to experience what life should or could truly be? Even once? Or however you would like to word it.. But you don't feel there is a necessity for other issues that come up in life that throw people off..That may require medications to help fix? It's not even like it's the only answer either.
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 18th, '13, 10:04

Im not gifted enough in the english language so I am going to stop and pass the torch to Christina, shes doing a good job.
Youre acting like a bully man. Just because you dont believe in somwthing you dont need to fucking shit in my face and others. I didnt start this thread disscussing if ADD is real.

Oh and smart ass, people with some kind of physical problem tend to be further ahead in other areas of the brain. Kids with chromosome issues? Rainman?
Im neither of those but it was just an example of your dissrespectdul douchy act calling ME a douchbag.

Just because you have problems yourself and admit them doesnt make it okay to rub yojr shit in other peoples faces.

I have to add one more thing. Its really disrespectful to believe that I havent once tried controlling my problems during my 22 years. Its just now Ive tried medication. Atarax worked but turned me into a zombie. Tried Sobril and that did wonders. Im much calmer, i dont get pissed of and can focus better. Problem is, it isnt prescribed to me. But i'll sort that out.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Elision » Dec 18th, '13, 16:25

don't really have anything more to say here if you think i'm just bullying you. good luck with your medications if you still choose that route
ChristinaE12 wrote:Are you not one who thinks people should take "illicit" drugs to free themselves and their minds to experience what life should or could truly be?
that's not me, but I do advocate natural psychonautic use due to its role within human evolution but it's a very slippery slope that requires a resilient mind, it's not for everyone.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kill You » Dec 23rd, '13, 04:37

ADHD is definitely real, lol. It's just many of the people who claim to have it I believe truly don't. But it's real.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby cheeseburger » Dec 23rd, '13, 12:45

Kill You wrote:ADHD is definitely real, lol. It's just many of the people who claim to have it I believe truly don't. But it's real.

True. :b:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MistaVijilantee » Jan 5th, '14, 15:13

ADHD is on the Autism spectrum so it is a recognized disability same as Asperges and/or Autism itself.
It's very real.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 5th, '14, 17:11

Ive stopped drinking now too so we'll see if that does any difference in the long run.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cityfan31 » Jan 14th, '14, 14:15

cheeseburger wrote:
yoda you can call me wrote:
Charlotte Mathers wrote:Just wait a little longer, maybe they are just side-effects for now

Good point actually, certain medications can take upto a month before they start working properly. My side-effects never subsided but it may be different for op

You two are right. But Ive looked into these pills and it doesnt get better down the lind from what ive read.
Doctors seem to prescribe these to lure their patients into getting well. For most patients their just placebo and theyre not addictive.
Im going to let these fuckers wear off so I can show emotion when i go to the doctor.
As it is now a dead corpse shows more emotion than me lol

Haha bigray, you seem to have some kind of problem too. I feel you on that but i dont go that far. One chair may fly or there may be a hole in a door but thats it.

You know those tablets are sedating?

No wonder they make you sleepy. It's not a side effect of the drug, it's the whole point of them.

If anything, you need a decreased dose. And I'd hesitate to even take them at all for ADHD, I've never heard of people getting sedatives for that.
cityfan31
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 14th, '14, 14:31

I had no idea! :laughing: ;)

Its not possible do decrease the dosage anymore than they did for me.
Ive got a couple of weeks left until I get to meet my doctor again. We´ll se what she has in store for me.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Jan 14th, '14, 20:46

Thanks man, appreciate it.

I feel its easier to deal with your problems if you accept them and share it with people.
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to The Afterparty