The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Venice, Italy?! Anyone been there? Opinions?

Chat with fellow members on any other subject.

Venice, Italy?! Anyone been there? Opinions?

Postby NextEpisode » Jan 31st, '14, 13:35

So, as a part of a University deal, I've got the opportunity to study "abroad" for 6 months. There’s several Universities around Europe where I could choose to study, but the one in Italy (Venice) seem to have most interesting courses - in my field of studies.

I’ve never been to Italy or Venice myself… Anyone of you been there? What ya’ll think about the place?
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Venice, Italy?! Anyone been there? Opinions?

Postby Francesco » Jan 31st, '14, 14:42

Calandre wrote:Venice is one of the most amazing places on this planet but increadibly expensive. Most Italians have been "forced" to live in Mestre...
Lucky you...

On point... :y:

Plus it's great to visit for a week or two but it'll kinda suck to live there comparing to other Italian cities like Milan, Rome, Florence etc. etc..
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby NextEpisode » Jan 31st, '14, 15:52

Calandre wrote:Venice is one of the most amazing places on this planet but increadibly expensive. Most Italians have been "forced" to live in Mestre...
Lucky you...

Yea, I've heard a lot of good things about the place. I have yet to solve the housing situation though; hopefully the school has some good alternatives! What in particular would you say is expensive? Everything? Food etc. too? Or just housing?

Have you been there? How is the infrastructure and transportation for example? Is 'traveling by boat' the only alternative to go anywhere basically, lol? And, how's the 'nightlife' there?

Francesco wrote:
Lucky you...

On point... :y:

Plus it's great to visit for a week or two but it'll kinda suck to live there comparing to other Italian cities like Milan, Rome, Florence etc. etc..

Well, if I go there, it will be there for 6 months -- hopefully it won't get boring after 2 weeks, lol! Although, if I go to Italy, I will probably take a couple of weeks to travel: see Rome, Milan, and Florence etc. I'm a big football fan too, so I need to see a couple of matches :D

Have you been there? What would be the + and - in your opinion?

Other places I could go to are: Vienna (Austria) & Madrid (Spain) for example. Vienna is probably my favorite, in terms of "the place", but the courses there aren't as good, unfortunately...
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kasia » Jan 31st, '14, 15:57

Venice is truly beautiful :wub: so is Italy
6 months is a long time, go to Rome and Milan as well, you won't be bored there

Are you going there by yourself?

This darkness comes in me (Evil twin)
And comes again
That ain't me
He's just a friend who pops up now and again
So don't blame me, blame him
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » Jan 31st, '14, 16:12

kasia wrote:Venice is truly beautiful :wub: so is Italy

Yea so I’ve heard. Italy has an amazing history and a unique culture! You ever been to Italy or Venice?

I just hope Venice isn't full of married couples who go there for a 'week of romance', lol!

Well, I'll I think one of my classmates is going too. But, also, I'm a part of this "exchange studies project", so I guess we'll be like 100-200 students who go there, although from different parts of the world.
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kasia » Jan 31st, '14, 16:24

NextEpisode wrote:

Yea so I’ve heard. Italy has an amazing history and a unique culture! You ever been to Italy or Venice?

I just hope Venice isn't full of married couples who go there for a 'week of romance', lol!

Well, I'll I think one of my classmates is going too. But, also, I'm a part of this "exchange studies project", so I guess we'll be like 100-200 students who go there, although from different parts of the world.

Yeah I've been there. Venice is my favourite place :wub:
haha and about 'week of romance' I know what you're talking about... it can be romantic, sure, but it's not a rule :y: Just the vibe there is incredible. I think you should take your opportunity and go. ;)

And comes again
That ain't me
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NextEpisode » Jan 31st, '14, 16:38

kasia wrote:
NextEpisode wrote:

Yeah I've been there. Venice is my favourite place :wub:
haha and about 'week of romance' I know what you're talking about... it can be romantic, sure, but it's not a rule :y: Just the vibe there is incredible. I think you should take your opportunity and go. ;)

You went there alone, with friends, or with a boyfriend? Maybe you were there on a 'week of romance' too, lol?! I'll be the single dude who wants to go out and have fun among all the couples, damn...! Nah, but it seems like a great place, and it's quite likely that I'll end up going there. Although I need to consider my alternatives a little further too first... Vienna seems like a great place too...
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kasia » Jan 31st, '14, 16:47

Well, well... I kinda had my 'week of romance' there haha, but I'm not really romantic type, I was more into having fun :y: (and it worked) but damn, Vienna is nice too haha. I'm jelaous!

And comes again
That ain't me
kasia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Jan 31st, '14, 17:00

I've been to Italy twice, both places the same time (Campobasso) because that's where my family is. Half of my family lives in Italy and it is one of the greatest places ever. At least from what I remember, people are friendly as fuck, the food is unreal, and everything is just beautiful all around you. I've heard great things about Venice, but mostly tourist shit. Either way don't pass on the opportunity!!
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Feb 1st, '14, 00:56

NextEpisode wrote:
Calandre wrote:
Francesco wrote:On point... :y:

Well, if I go there, it will be there for 6 months -- hopefully it won't get boring after 2 weeks, lol! Although, if I go to Italy, I will probably take a couple of weeks to travel: see Rome, Milan, and Florence etc. I'm a big football fan too, so I need to see a couple of matches :D
Have you been there? What would be the + and - in your opinion?
Other places I could go to are: Vienna (Austria) & Madrid (Spain) for example. Vienna is probably my favorite, in terms of "the place", but the courses there aren't as good, unfortunately...

I have been there many times. I do think Venice is gonna get boring after the first week but you'll get to know a lotta people at the Uni which might make the difference.
The pluses are that you're going to see one of the most amazing cities in the world... & the minuses are that it's gonna get annoying after the first week or so & that you'll need a lotta money if you were about to live it up. lol The other big minus is that the football team of Venezia which was in Seria A not long ago is now in Lega Pro A which is the 3rd Italian division.
The pluses in general are that you're going see the other Italian nice cities whenever you feel like it... even cities & resorts in Slovenia, Croatia & Austria.
If it wasn't for some very annoying exceptions... Italy is the most amazing place in the world so good luck my dude! :y:
Last edited by Francesco on Feb 1st, '14, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby shadyblogger » Feb 1st, '14, 02:20

Yes I went very briefly. Italy is a beautiful place particularly the northern cities. It'll be an amazing experience!
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Notalius » Feb 1st, '14, 21:31

Venice is overrated as fuck. It's expensive as fuck and the city itself stinks lol .. the food there is scust and not to mention that you don't have many options there.

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby NextEpisode » Feb 2nd, '14, 23:57

Thanks for all the inputs! Appreciate it, yo! :b:

I just sent in the application. It will be either Austria or Italy. We'll see what the Uni administrators say.

6 months abroad in any case, which is cool! :y:
NextEpisode
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TonyTilt » Feb 3rd, '14, 00:10

NextEpisode wrote:Thanks for all the inputs! Appreciate it, yo! :b:

I just sent in the application. It will be either Austria or Italy. We'll see what the Uni administrators say.

Yeah haha regardless it'll be awesome!
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Feb 3rd, '14, 02:06

NextEpisode wrote:Thanks for all the inputs! Appreciate it, yo! :b:

Anytime... :y: Let us know when you find out.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Next

Return to The Afterparty