The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Beats headphones VS SMS Audio headphones

Chat with fellow members on any other subject.

Beats headphones VS SMS Audio headphones

Postby Never_Enough » Feb 18th, '14, 23:35

Allright, the headphones thread kind of inspired me to write this. So, here we go:
I've had a pair of Beats Studio Pro for circa a year and a half now. I love them, and the sound quality is pretty good. Due to how much I've used them, though, they're starting to give me problems, and I expect them to definitely stop working in another six months.
I've been reading some opinions that say SMS are better than Beats in terms of quality. Plus SMS are wireless, and that's a big plus. But doesn't wireless give you less quality? And what if you use them near a phone? Wouldn't you hear statics and stuff like that?
Can you guys give me your opinion about these two headphones? What about prices, quality, design and all that?
What should I buy?

Never_Enough
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Beats headphones VS SMS Audio headphones

Postby SoldierShady » Feb 19th, '14, 00:10

Well, I can't speak on SMS wireless....and I can't speak on Beats Pro, but I had Solo HDs for close to two years and yes, they were pretty awesome and bassy. What I know about wireless headphones or what I've heard at least, is that you lose quality as the battery goes, obviously. And there's usually constant static with noise canceling features and what not. I own the wired on-ear SMS Streets which are way cheaper than Solo HDs and sound tons better overall. It's this really rich, balanced, punchy/thumpy sound. They're tuned really well. So yeah.....your best bet I think would be these smsby50.com/products/street-by-50-over-ear-wired Only downside is they're not foldable.

And if you can, test them out first in-store or something before buying them. :y:
"So one last time, I'm back, 'fore it fades into black and it's all over, behold the final chapter in the saga, trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice, the magic that started it all...tragic portrait of an artist tortured....trapped in his own drawings..." - Bruce.

SoldierShady
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Jaba » Feb 19th, '14, 01:23

I think it will not static, Also check out bose. They are very well built, cheaper (somewhat) and have the best quality.
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Feb 19th, '14, 01:28

I have yet to buy any of these, but if I were to spend big on headphones it'd be some sms tbfh. Beats are frail. The sms headphones would give you your moneys worth me thinks.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Never_Enough » Feb 19th, '14, 22:04

I tried the Bose once, the noise cancellation was incredible. I couldn't hear anything.
Never_Enough
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Never_Enough » Feb 19th, '14, 22:07

They don't fold though. How would you carry them around? Would you just wear them?
Never_Enough
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Never_Enough » Feb 19th, '14, 22:20

Oh wow I didn't know that.
They're too expensive though, compared to Beats.
Never_Enough
Renegade
Renegade

Return to The Afterparty