The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kanye x Eminem ELIMINATION GAME - MMLP won! MBDTF, #4

All forum games, such as Elimination Games, Top 20, etc. goes in this section. The posts here doesn't get added to your post count.

Re: Kanye x Eminem ELIMINATION GAME - COLLEGE DROPOUT, OUT!

Postby Accor » Dec 23rd, '13, 20:22

relapse is awful
Accor
Soldier
Soldier

Postby unmissingpiece » Dec 23rd, '13, 20:28

#TeamSaveRelapse
unmissingpiece
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Raul » Dec 23rd, '13, 20:44

I vote for Relapse, obviously. And, couting mononym's vote...

Late Registration - 9 votes
Relapse - 9 votes

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - 4 votes :laughing:

I'm on the countryside visiting my grandma and the internet here is really poverty. Slow as fuck and most of the time it won't work. Thing is... We have a tie. I will extend this round for 24 hours more (I'll be back at home then, gladfully, will count the votes again in order to get into a result).

Horsebot, I lud u, but I was not expecting a faggot-ish atitude like that. Voting LR just to piss off Class. Urgh. Class is being a little bit harsh but I somehow agree with him. I know this is an Eminem forum, but at least I expect some kind of brain activity in it. You guys eliminated College Dropout before Relapse, for fuck's sake. I do like Charlotte a lot, and the other members as well, but now voting LR to save Relapse is incredibly biased and not fair at all. It's not necessary to be a Kanye fan to admit that LR is miles ahead of Relapse in every aspect but rhyming. Anyway...

More 24 hours to close this round.

:coffee:

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Raul » Dec 23rd, '13, 20:53

Aone10 wrote:By the way,

how is it 9 and 9?

I counted 9 and 8.

7 votes + my vote + mononym's vote (His vote is counted last, because it goes to the most voted Eminem album).

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Raul » Dec 23rd, '13, 21:15

Yeah, but I'm counting mono's vote since Round 1. He is actually voting, why shouldn't I take his vote in consideration? Anyway...

9 x 9, I will count the votes again in 24 hours.

Horse, :facepalm :shakehead: .

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Raul » Dec 23rd, '13, 21:37

Aone10 wrote:
raul-valente wrote:Yeah, but I'm counting mono's vote since Round 1. He is actually voting, why shouldn't I take his vote in consideration? Anyway...

9 x 9, I will count the votes again in 24 hours.

Horse, :facepalm :shakehead: .

SSLP is going before MMLP and TES....

Does that mean that when put up against those albums, his vote will be applied to SSLP.... despite the fact that SSLP is the only Eminem album that mono has showed somewhat of a liking towards.... while hating MMLP and TES?

Technically, yes, but yeah, mono should have a word in here. For now I'll continue to count his vote, but when SSLP becomes the most voted Eminem album, I'll ask for his vote. You're right, it is the most reasonable thing to do, since he asked for that system for his vote.

This round stays 9x9.

And hey, I'll be back tomorrow. Two more minutes and I'll throw this laptop on the wall. So fucking slow. Bye.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Accor » Dec 23rd, '13, 22:02

Aone10 wrote:Relapse has it's fair share of flaws, but overall, it's a solid album and Eminem's most detailed. Dr. Dre's production is excellent, the rhyming is complex, the atmosphere is cinematic, and he carries an overall coherent theme throughout the album without it becoming mundane. The production matched up with Em's content is also a masterful blend and helps the album maintain cohesion. I'm by no means calling it perfect, but it's his most underrated album without a doubt (outside of this forum of course).

I figured someone like Accor, who has a keen appreciation for cinema, would at the very least appreciate the amount of detail that was put into this album by both Dr. Dre and Eminem.

As a cinematic experience it's uneven and disoriented. The production is great, tight, and cohesive (mostly), and the mixing is done masterfully, but Eminem's direction and song crafting definitely wasn't on point on this album and it leaves for jarring song to song transitions that deter any potential for a cohesive atmosphere. Most of the rapping is one dimensional, and the incredibly apparent fixation on technical aspects leave a lot to be desired on the lyrics side of things. To me, the entire album sounds like Eminem is trying to be something he no longer knows how to be. It's as if he had (has) no idea what made what he's trying to recapture good in the first place.

I can appreciate the ambition, sure, but the album was very poorly executed. Even if I agreed the album had a cohesive sound and feel, and a successfully created atmosphere, there's just too much garbage on it.
Accor
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Dec 24th, '13, 00:30

Saving (defending) Relapse a few months back was Aone's first L tbh..

And I know this is casual as fuck, but it should be as close to double-blind as possible. People shouldn't vote for an album to save another one. They should vote for the worst one there (or, I guess, their least favourite).
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Dec 24th, '13, 01:28

Aone10 wrote:But what can I say m8, I have a strong liking towards Em's music.

So do I m8.

It's kinda weird you seem to put Eminem up on a pedestal still though. Like, I mean, it's expected of stans because that's all they listen to. But you've probably listened to more hip-hop than me, but you'll go out of your way to back Eminem's "bad" (not-so-great) music more than you'd defend someone else.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Kanye x Eminem ELIMINATION GAME - 808, 4TH ELIMINATED

Postby Eedee » Dec 24th, '13, 03:16

Solace wrote:Fair enough

lowkey love that album tho classic on classic on classic

Yeah man, Graduation is my favorite Ye album.

And fuck, wish I would've gotten to this game sooner.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby CrashBand » Dec 24th, '13, 03:43

Revolutionary wrote:
CrashBand wrote:Saving (defending) Relapse a few months back was Aone's first L tbh..

And I know this is casual as fuck, but it should be as close to double-blind as possible. People shouldn't vote for an album to save another one. They should vote for the worst one there (or, I guess, their least favourite).

I dislike all Ye albums equally (except for 808s, I actually enjoy that album).

Well that just shows you haven't even listened to them, cos that's a pretty ridiculous opinion.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EG. » Dec 24th, '13, 03:49

^i agree with Crash lol

I vote MMLP2, if i can
EG.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Dec 24th, '13, 03:53

nice to have u back. sexy & smart, as usual.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Dec 24th, '13, 03:55

aone sleeping on accor's response tbh
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby CrashBand » Dec 24th, '13, 04:21

Aone10 wrote:It would be an extensive reply, he replied to me after I left work and now I'm staying with family. When I have time, I'll give him the proper reply he deserves. :y:
sweet, no rush. methinks he did a pretty good break down

Aone10 wrote:@crash, I guess I just defend Em because I have a bias with my favorite artist. I just think his "not so great" material isn't as bad as some imply. I know standards are set incredibly high because it's Eminem, but I just feel Relapse is a good album.

I've also been vocal when I don't like something Em puts out.

Well, it definitely takes two to tango. From your side there it seems you're always dealing with needless over-the-top Eminem bashing, compared to all the other artists that may have dropped off.

But the main problem lies with all these fuck-head stans, who don't listen to any other music, and to be brutally honest, don't even know why Eminem is/was great in the first place. So you are resorted to sort of fight fire with fire, and it's pretty easy to come out on top, cos idiots don't really know how to play with fire.

edit: also...not only do you have the real fuck-head stans, who also have stans that aren't idiots, but seem to be so close-minded when it comes to Eminem's music (or other music being better than his).
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games