The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Em's "We All Die One Day" Verse

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Em's "We All Die One Day" Verse

Postby EminemBase » Jan 15th, '10, 19:59

This is one of my favourite Em verses and arguably one of his best.

For those who haven't heard it, here it is:
Click Me... Please?

Such a classic verse. Those who think Canibus is a better lyricist I think are nuts too. He doesn't come close to combining that level of skill and flowing so utterly beautifully. Awe-inspiring.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Re: Em's "We All Die One Day" Verse

Postby Emadyville » Jan 15th, '10, 20:00

It's a song before 2005 so I moved to Shady reviews :y:

I agree, this is one of my favorite, especially since I had this song about 18 months before Cheers dropped, his verse is just fuckin nasty, twice as long as everyone elses, sick flow/delivery and amazing lyrics to fit that song :smoking:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Edge » Jan 15th, '10, 20:02

all of them have crazy verses... i absolutely love that song.... but Em clearly goes the hardest on it and goes pure crazy
be the best you can be, and if thats not good enough for people... than fuck em
Edge
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TiBon » Jan 15th, '10, 20:03

Yeah, great song, greatest verse :)
TiBon
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Jan 15th, '10, 20:03

Yeah. He pretty much steals the spotlight for most of the album lmao.

His verses on "Lady" are hilarious and insane too.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Shadizz » Jan 15th, '10, 20:04

Yes that is one of my favourite verses too, Em goes hard on this song . Hopefully he will do some other collaborations like this one =)

ps : you're gonna get some Canibus bitches that will try to say you're wrong, but just don't care lol ;)
Shadizz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Edge » Jan 15th, '10, 20:06

EminemBase wrote:Yeah. He pretty much steals the spotlight for most of the album lmao.

His verses on "Lady" are hilarious and insane too.

hes got nice verses on the cd but ur not giving credit to obie saying that Em steals the spotlight for most of the album... average man and cheers are rediculous lyrically and thats all obie
be the best you can be, and if thats not good enough for people... than fuck em
Edge
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Jan 15th, '10, 20:11

Shadizz wrote:Yes that is one of my favourite verses too, Em goes hard on this song . Hopefully he will do some other collaborations like this one =)

ps : you're gonna get some Canibus bitches that will try to say you're wrong, but just don't care lol ;)

Yeah I know, I don't care. I find it funny that they think he's better.

Canibus is the type of rap you try to write at 14. Just desperate to impress your friends. Desperate to sound intelligent but it's totally void of any real substance, wit, anything. What's funny too is if any Bis fans read that last sentence they'll think I don't understand the 'substance' in his rhymes.

When there isn't any. Just scattering of terminology, like a teenager trying to let the World know how grown-up he is lmao. Constant robotic, aimless blabbering about Solar Systems and mechanisms. It is literally the stuff I used to write as a kid.

Nothing close to Em's non-stop, simultaneous combination of irony, twisted humour, persona-juggling.... Littering of fables, use of poetic phrases, talking to the listener etc. etc. And his flows on top of all that, take it to a whole other level.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Spyder » Jan 15th, '10, 20:30

yeah that verse is rediculous, there has been a couple topics about it :sweating:
but yeah its basically a less lyrical version of the Em i want, talkin normal
some funny shit but not goofy shit, nuttin really spectacular but all around good

and Bis has a large vocab and multies them well, which is why cats think that
hes deffenitly a great lyracist and has a larger vocab then Em. but sometimes it seems
like its uneeded and take a way from a message

em does a good job at intertwining the two
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Shadizz » Jan 15th, '10, 20:39

EminemBase wrote:
Shadizz wrote:Yes that is one of my favourite verses too, Em goes hard on this song . Hopefully he will do some other collaborations like this one =)

Canibus is the type of rap you try to write at 14. Just desperate to impress your friends. Desperate to sound intelligent but it's totally void of any real substance, wit, anything. What's funny too is if any Bis fans read that last sentence they'll think I don't understand the 'substance' in his rhymes.

When there isn't any. Just scattering of terminology, like a teenager trying to let the World know how grown-up he is lmao. Constant robotic, aimless blabbering about Solar Systems and mechanisms. It is literally the stuff I used to write as a kid.

Nothing close to Em's non-stop, simultaneous combination of irony, twisted humour, persona-juggling.... Littering of fables, use of poetic phrases, talking to the listener etc. etc. And his flows on top of all that, take it to a whole other level.

Yes what you're saying is true, unfortunately on this forum there are some bipolar persons. One day they agree with what you say and most of the other days they're just saying bullshit by saying Canibus is far better than Eminem . The thing that really makes me laugh is how they tell to other members that every track that Canibus puts out is purely genius lol . The other funny thing is that now it is " a la mode " to say that the new eminem songs are all bad, because the "kind" of accent he uses on these songs or because they compare them to his MMLP or TES shit ...
I also think that it's really sad to stay on an eminem forum if it's only for saying all those bad things against him, if they don't like his new songs then they just shouldn't go to the eminem sections then should go to the other sections that are mainly to talk about their fav rappers even though the forum is called " Trshady " .
Last edited by Shadizz on Jan 15th, '10, 21:29, edited 13 times in total.
Shadizz
Renegade
Renegade

Postby matz » Jan 15th, '10, 20:41

ye my fav em verse, it seems to go on forever while still keepin ya hooked on every word, dont see this kinda lyrical content from em nemore :(
matz
Role Model
Role Model

Postby EminemBase » Jan 15th, '10, 21:07

Spyder wrote:yeah that verse is rediculous, there has been a couple topics about it :sweating:
but yeah its basically a less lyrical version of the Em i want, talkin normal
some funny shit but not goofy shit, nuttin really spectacular but all around good

and Bis has a large vocab and multies them well, which is why cats think that
hes deffenitly a great lyracist and has a larger vocab then Em. but sometimes it seems
like its uneeded and take a way from a message

em does a good job at intertwining the two

Yeah but Em has that vocab too. He's just grown out of the trying to impress stage.

He grew out of it with Infinite. Like he said, he wasn't really saying anything. Canibus is still in this stage, always has been and probably always will be.

He's not a tenth of Em's artistry or talent.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Spyder » Jan 15th, '10, 21:25

well yes i indeed agree that Em feels like he doesnt have to impress anyone with vocab
maybe Bis does, but any people including myself love the complexty multies and vocab
of Infinite.
Bis is a good artist not as good as Em IMO but saying he isnt 1/10 is a stan comment ;)
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby embm » Jan 15th, '10, 21:35

Shadizz wrote:
EminemBase wrote:

Yes what you're saying is true, unfortunately on this forum there are some bipolar persons. One day they agree with what you say and most of the other days they're just saying bullshit by saying Canibus is far better than Eminem . The thing that really makes me laugh is how they tell to other members that every track that Canibus puts out is purely genius lol . The other funny thing is that now it is " a la mode " to say that the new eminem songs are all bad, because the "kind" of accent he uses on these songs or because they compare them to his MMLP or TES shit ...
I also think that it's really sad to stay on an eminem forum if it's only for saying all those bad things against him, if they don't like his new songs then they just shouldn't go to the eminem sections then should go to the other sections that are mainly to talk about their fav rappers even though the forum is called " Trshady " .

gr8 point shadizz :y:

& luv this song
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby EminemBase » Jan 15th, '10, 22:17

Spyder wrote:well yes i indeed agree that Em feels like he doesnt have to impress anyone with vocab
maybe Bis does, but any people including myself love the complexty multies and vocab
of Infinite.
Bis is a good artist not as good as Em IMO but saying he isnt 1/10 is a stan comment ;)

No it's not. Because I can defend it.

It's only a Stan comment if it's not backed up, verified or with reason.

I say he's not 1/10 of the artist because his only aim is to sound intelligent. His rhymes are littered with watered down references to neuroscience and pop-science that he tries to pass off as full knowledge. Whether he knows it or not, he does a lame job of conveying it.

There's no other aim than that. He doesn't combine what Eminem does. He doesn't combine character, irony, twisted humour, tongue-in-cheek, paradoy... All these things ON TOP of and WITH mutlies, complex ideas etc. Eminem compacts very big ideas into very unique, soundbites of lyricism.

This is what a true poet should do. Such as "Renegade". Canibus cannot create verses like that. He doesn't have as many dimensions, he can't write from as many perspectives. He has a superiority complex and that's all he can play off of.

Of course multies and rhyming matters. Em does this too. And I also think he tops Bis in these departments. Point is, it's not the only game in town. Em gives it to you when needed, in doses, you have to go from silly to satirical, give a range to get the feeling of variety. That's why Em's lines twice pack the punch. He lays off it then lays it on twice as thick.

Also, the way Em jump from narrator to killer. So effortlessly. Example, from "Buffalo Bill"...
Carcuses of Caucassion females in his crawl space...

Notice he's referring TO the killer, he's the reporter, the narrator, he follows with a switch...

Well shove em' in the wall, well how long will the dry wall take? Well fuck it then I got nothing but time...

He puts in a transition in the form of a question and creates a switch of perspective in the form of answering the question. Goes from 'he' to 'I'. Suddenly he's speaking as the killer. Totally effortless, beautiful writing. Canibus is not on this level.

So there's my justification for the comment. So now you know I think it for a reason, please stop reverting to the 'stan evasion' as it's really lame. It's all anyone ever does.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Shady Reviews