The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 30th, '10, 05:05

Well, it's finally here!
There's not really a whole lot I have to say right now other than I appreciate all the true fans waiting for this piece of work. I put a lot of effort into this album and I hope that ya'll enjoy it!

Big thanks to Omar for once again providing me with some dope artwork!
Also, special thanks to Big Ax for producing the beat to "Look Both Ways" and to Mart for "Ready Or Not"!

http://www.zshare.net/download/7403837875986728/ (To Download In 1 Shot)
http://www.soundclick.com/stevespag (For Seperate Song Downloads/Stream)

Be Kind And Leave Some Feedback!
:)
Last edited by Steve Spag on Mar 30th, '10, 20:14, edited 2 times in total.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Re: NEW STEVE SPAG ALBUM - Ready Or Not (MUST HEAR)

Postby Mr. Chambers » Mar 30th, '10, 05:15

d/l now...i'ma prolly feed after i watch this movie..........so it better be on some shit.....i also gotta check kez shit still.......gotta see my competition...

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Element. » Mar 30th, '10, 07:28

All the tracks are awesome man, Keep it up Steve :y:
TR Battles
Won - 4
Lost - 0
Element.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AlexRambo » Mar 30th, '10, 07:55

yo steve, this album on some serious shit, keep up the good work which i know you will. i honestly can say there isnt much i could critique about the new album
Check out my music, feedback is always greatly appreciated, an dI know my old shit is "shit" compared to my debut mixtape "The Music Never Sleeps Vol. 1" which should be ready in early 2011. First single: When The Smoke Clears ft. Steve Spag-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUNXet2tJ0g
http://www.myspace.com/MrRambo1234
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alex-Ramb ... 550?ref=mf
http://www.facebook.com/TheOriginalAlexRambo
http://www.youtube.com/PBaller416
AlexRambo
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Tash8 » Mar 30th, '10, 08:36

:happy:
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Mar 30th, '10, 13:34

i just leave the intro away...

Racin For Answers - i always liked the beat and you flipped it good...hook could be mixed more spectacular cuz this has commercial vibe...content is great...rhymes :y: flow is sick with the multies in your 2nd verse...9.7/10

Along This Road - here's the hook mixing well done...good vibe again...flow is a on and off situation..bores me after a while..i think some adlibs could help in such cases...delivery is nice

The Chosen One - you handle the beat pretty well...flow is smooth...see the adlibs helped here..at least for me...hook is mad catchy...good one...again multies are great here

Into The Dust - meh i dont think you nailed the hook...some singer could do way better..but i mean its prolly the best you could pull off...verses are sick here..especially the 2nd verse agian..

Women Woes - haha Katy Perry...nice one...your delivery shines on this...sounds confident and fun with a ironic tone in it...this a pretty fun track to listen to...

Jack It Off - normally i dont feed skits..but damn this had me rolling..omg this is genious...haha havent heard such a great skits in a loong looong time...ever :laughing:

Common Sense - woo you control the flow...control the beat..everything a good tracks needs....rhymes are dubbed down to the beat..i see you struggled a bit but still sounds decent...also the hook shined on this

Look Both Ways - here's the expandin thing again....i mean you flow but you could flow it tighter if you know what i mean...also the beat needs a tighter flow..hook is kool but seems to have too much reverb or whatever

Act Accordingly -entertaining flow...me likes...delivery is steady...also the beat is a lil loud but doesnt destroy the track really...but yeah beat volume is the only dowside on this track

Ready or Not - Mart85 :worship: your delivery sounds tired on it...i dont know what it is..but your voice is not really there...maybe its just the mixing...is that an Em WHAT! on the hook? and here you actually pull off the singin well...better than Into The Dust...

Behind Close Doors - good ending...lyrics shine on this...deep talk...meh ur singing here is meh not really special....could need a lil more...

Napoleon - flow is tight man...delivery is on point...hook is just as catchy as it needs to be...lyrics are mad....

overall: a big big step up to Life Overdose imo....also the beat choice was great....flow improved the most...then delivery...i enjoyed listen to this...and prolly will keep it....instead of Life Overdose :zipped: dont hate
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 30th, '10, 16:30

^^
MUCH thanks for such in-depth feed in such a short amount of time!
I'm glad you enjoyed the album soo much, but you got one thing wrong; that ISN'T me on the hook for "Into The Dust"; it's Chris Chase LOL. Also, that isn't Em on "Ready Or Not", it's me and again Chase did a little over-dubs on the hook. Your feed is very appreciated though and I'm happy that this exceeded "TLO" in your eyes (that was my plan) :p ,

Hope everyone else is enjoying this CD!
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby classthe_king » Mar 30th, '10, 17:21

I'm downloading
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby dR3 » Mar 30th, '10, 18:01

It seems like you put a lot of work into this, so I'm gonna peep it definitely.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby Solace » Mar 30th, '10, 22:27

How the fuck i forget it dropping today!?

I MUST DL THIS SHIT!!!
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Solace » Mar 30th, '10, 22:30

Coleon wrote:
Solace wrote:How the fuck i forget it dropping today!?

I MUST DL THIS SHIT!!!

and you call yourself a fan :facepalm

I don't see you making him any covers. :coffee:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Solace » Mar 30th, '10, 22:32

Album must suck then, right?

*Cancels dl.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Steve Spag » Mar 30th, '10, 22:34

Thanks for such great feed Coleon, I really appreciate you taking your time in writing all that out!

Solace; tisk, tisk, tisk.
[-X
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Solace » Mar 30th, '10, 22:35

Lmfao Coleon you have mastered the art of the "edit" button go fuck yourself :laughing:

5 Minutes remaining for the album to dl. :sweating:
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Kez » Mar 30th, '10, 22:49

Intro skit's alright nothin to really say lol

Racin' For Answers:
Opens well, although i thought the first skit ended slightly early.
Beat is some nice shit, kind of different but works good as an opener
Hook is sung adequately
Lyrics are crazy, some great lines
You ride the beat great

Along This Road:
I still love this track
The beat has got a crazy feel to it and always gets me
I love the way the hook is half sung and half not, perfect balance
Again your flow is smooth as shit
Lyrics i'm loving, especially the "Same Song & Dance type of song" line

The Chosen One:
Niceee beat
Nice standard hook
Good content in this track
The flow is again good, especially halfway through the second verse
That was sick
Lyrics, good shit (i can already see me repeating myself)

Into The Dust:
Liking the beat
Lyrics are immense especially in the second verse
The flow is great as well and compliments these lyrics great when they go off on tangents
The hook is somethin different and i thought it worked well
Also your reverse personality is behind on the times :whistle:

Women Woes:
Beat is not what i expected, but crazy
The concept for this song is brilliant lol
Lyrics are some of the best i've heard so far, great lines
The flow is great, delivery sounds slightly less emotional but the kind of chilled out voice actually seems to work for this, so it's alright

Jacket Off (Skit):
Made me laugh haha

Common Sense:
Great funky beat
The beginning of this verse i found a bit hard to understand there was one part where you slurred, but only really that one. At times the delivery can seem a bit slurred and shit. The flow is great for the beat, and the lyrics are again sick. Hook is alright but i think the singing is a bit out of tune on this.
Good track but some things about it pull it down compared to the others for me. Also thought the silence after it kinda ruined the flow of the album a bit.

Look Both Ways:
Your flow and lyrics on this track are orgasmic. Just really listenable shit. Not sure what to really say lol. Hook works great. Beat is alright but it's you that makes me like this track, the beat nothin special to me.

Act Accordingly:
THE FLOW!!!! Destroys on this song. Could be called predictable from the beat but it impressed me.
Lyrics are good enough but the flow on this song just owns it.

Ready Or Not:
Ah, URD once did a song on this beat, "I'm Ready". Kinda makes me compare the two immediately. Your hook is nice shit. I'm really running out of stuff to say, your flow rides the beat great. Lyrics still good but the concept is kind of similiar. Still though, perfectly enjoyable.

Behind Closed Doors:
This beat kills.
I can tell this is gonna be a different concept, and i like it.
Lyrics are sick sick for this, and the flow and delivery is perfectly sombre.
Hook i like, but i don't get the same feeling as i did on Along This Road, even though both seem to feature half-sung and half-rapped hooks; this one sounds more like you tried to sing it but didn't really pull it off well. I might be wrong. I was dissapointed at the length of this though, still nice nice track.

Naopleon:
Hahaha yesss to the beat
Obviously you're taking on a big task here
Flow is obviously a homage to Em so i got no problem with it; hardly biting.
Lyrics are nice shit even if they are similiar to Em's content; again homage.
Hook i like but no idea who Naopleon is lmao but fuck it
It's a good song but obviously it's a bonus so no need to judge it too harshly

Overall:
Your beats are brilliantly chosen, they always get me. Your quality obviously is good, no real issues at all. Your flows ride the beats perfectly and create a very listenable style that is easy to get into, that's what i noticed. You don't hide behind this lyrically either, you have some great lyrics; great punches and some real in-depth lines that make you think. The content was mostly good although a couple of the tracks were kind of similiar. Delivery was pretty much honed on all except for Common Sense which i just felt sounded different. Your style gives you a very professional sounding style in my opinion, probably from a combo of the infectious flows and the "normal" accent :p; definately enjoyable by a wide audience. Thought the first skit was pretty pointless but fair enough; second one made me laugh. A couple of the unique concepts i enjoyed a lot, like Women Woes which was not what i expected. I hope i didn't repeat myself above, but your flows and lyrics are pretty much nailed; you clearly have a grasp on how to use them well, so there was little else i could say in regard to them. My favourite tracks were Along This Road, Women Woes and Act Accordingly. Overall, quite an enjoyable album which i can say i've actually re-listened to and probably will continue to, so good work. Hopefully, next album you get some more original productions and work on a few new concepts, but as long as you keep the skill you demonstrate here i will always be on the lookout regardless. Nice shit overall basically, yeah.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Next

Return to A.S. Collections