The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Kez - Anticlimax (2010) [tape] [Updated Link!]

Re: Kez - Anticlimax [tape]

Postby randomghost » Sep 18th, '10, 10:47

downloading now...feed soon :D :8)
randomghost
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dR3 » Sep 18th, '10, 13:37

Okay, here is my short review, not gonna focus on the lyrics, because we all know your capabilities.

Believing in You - Love this track, the beat is amazing, your flow was on point and the hook is really catchy. Mixing on the verses can be a bit better tho.

Big Hard Man - Nice beat, but not liking the 808 kick, kinda ruins it. Delivery and flow on this are as good as they can be. Don't like the hook, kinda boring.

Cold Hands - One of the best tracks on the tape, I love the beat, it's so mysterious and fits the lyrics perfectly and flow and delivery are on point again. The hook is kinda hard to distinguish tho, you should've switched it up a bit, it's too similar to the verses.

Hip Hop - AMAZING, love everything about it, the beat, the verses, the hook, the delivery, everything. My favorite song on the tape.

I Don't Care - Don't really like this one, the beat ruins it for me. Lyrics are pretty nice, and I'm glad you tried to sing on the hook, I think it turned out pretty good.

Life In Reverse - Already shared my thoughts on this.

Not Goodbye - Loving this one too, reminds me of 25 to Life for some reason. The hook is perfect and your flow really impressed me.

Real Good Shit (ft. Ax) - Not exactly my cup of tea, but both of you did great. The beat is kinda boring tho.

Same Routine (ft. Bar) - Excellent track! The beat is awesome and you guys did a great job on the hook. I'm having a hard time understanding Bar tho, because of his accent (sorry, lol).

Save Me - The sample on the hook is amazing, but again, the beat kinda ruins it for me.

Spitfire - Classic underground track lol, some "I'm the best" type of thing. You're much better at storytelling than swag-rap, but I love this track anyway.

Stop Breathing - Love the beat and your energy on this one, the hook is pretty awesome too.

Sunshine Blvd. (ft. Ax) - You both had great chemistry on this one, especially the hook. Interesting beat too.

That Don't Seem So Wrong (Kez Mix) - What's this a mix of? Anyway, amazing beat, your flow is really nice, love the fact that you were switching it up.

Torn Apart (Remix) - Nice for a bonus track, but I don't like it that much. Kinda hard to listen to, for me.

Was It All Worth It? - Love it! The hook (not the singing part) gave me chills, no lie, really powerful. Flow was amazing once again. YES KEZ, IT WAS WORTH IT. lol.

Overall, the tape is surprisingly good. I honestly didn't expect that from you.
And props to Ax for that cover, it's SICK!
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby B.A.D. » Sep 20th, '10, 05:35

I will post a complete review later. but I'm impressed. this tape is amazing so far. :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Steve Spag » Sep 21st, '10, 01:29

Shit, can't believe I missed this. Downloading now, will get you with some feed within the next couple days buddy!
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kez » Sep 22nd, '10, 16:56

dR3 wrote:That Don't Seem So Wrong (Kez Mix) - What's this a mix of?

Taken me ages to reply to this sorry lol but it's a remix of a track of the same name off Bar and Snow's tape (you should check it), Bar sent me the beat and told me to get on it for a remix which never happened understandably so i thought i'd release it

Cheers everyone for downloadin it, i look forward to hearin ya thoughts
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby dR3 » Sep 22nd, '10, 22:30

Kez wrote:
dR3 wrote:That Don't Seem So Wrong (Kez Mix) - What's this a mix of?

Taken me ages to reply to this sorry lol but it's a remix of a track of the same name off Bar and Snow's tape (you should check it), Bar sent me the beat and told me to get on it for a remix which never happened understandably so i thought i'd release it

Nice, gonna peep that one too.

Do you mind posting the lyrics of Believing In You? :flutter:
Last edited by dR3 on Sep 23rd, '10, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby Le Tunisien » Sep 23rd, '10, 01:45

okay okay this is really a great album...ill feed almost all the tracks

i Dont Care:
i love the lyrics cuz u could relate to them...and i really dig the hook i never thought u could sing on hooks..the flow was locked ..the delivery was actually fgoood u did a good job ..and the beat is awesome
8.5/10!!!

Real Good Shit:

Hmm...the intro was dope haha , Ax-D :wave:
i like the vibe to this song, i kept my head bangin to the beat...the delivery was good...although at some parts i didnt like it...the lyrics are good i like them multies u used..."oh u know what u can do..suck a motherfuckin dick" haha i like that..owhh i thought ax-d would have vere or a hook but okay damn.
7/10 cuz i felt it got boring as it got long with no hooks u see...

same routine:
oh yeah ... tight verse on here Bar :y: :y: :y: kez i like the rhymes u used..original... :y: :y: ...the delivery is okay .. the hook is not bad... 6.5// on this one though, u coulv done better

save me:

i love the sample ,its dope...the beat too i love it...i like the lyrics here too.. definetly had meaning and kept on the story...i like the whole concept of this song , i like it 8 /10

Spit Fire:

the beat is bangin oh yeah :worship: i like the flow on this song...u kept it entertaining from the begginin to the end...and the lyrics are dope...hmm the hook u couldv did somethin to it like rap over it or somethin u know...but anyways 7.5..cuz of the hook :y:

Stop Breathin:

delivery was good on this song definetly fit the song very well..the flow always locked...i like the multis in here too..i love the Hook i dig itttttttt !!! Dope! 8.5/ 10 :worship:

sunshine Blvd:

(lol at the intro "haha" :p :p )

oh the hook is amazingggggg...i like the singin......ax-D KILLED IT..!! hmm kez ur flow slipped at some parts but good most of the time...!! Good track guys maybe my fav in this tape :y: :y: :y:

that dont seem so wrong:

hmm a remix, Cool...i like the vibe to this beat...slow and speedin up the flow it sounded really dope and usin those multis :y: overall GOOD track 8/10

torn apart:

the bonus track was hmm..i like the Singing ... cool......and the lyrics were good .. i like these emotional ...Emotional songs.. DOPE :y: 8.5/10

please upload the song was it all worth it cuz it was broken couldnt listen to it.

so overall this tape was great 8 /10 :y: :y: :y: :y: Keep it up Kez :smoking:

ps: if u got time go feed my tape here
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=98237 thanks
Le Tunisien
Role Model
Role Model

Postby neversnooze » Sep 23rd, '10, 13:02

i will make this short and sweet(i aint good at giving reviews on tracks). the flow on all your tracks are smooth. your delivery was dope, and your accent does not get in the way of that. overall the mixing ;well done.
Sometimes I stay up so late that I have my morning coffee before I go to bed
neversnooze
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steve Spag » Sep 25th, '10, 03:48

Kez, dude, seriously...when did you get soo good?
Impressive tape man, I'm not gonna give you a track-by-track feed because I'd be repeating myself a whole lot, but everything from the flows, lyrics, choices of beats, to your pronunciation and delivery were top-notch!

This whole tape was really easy on the ears, it had this nice nostalgic feel to it that caught my attention right from the get-go. I love how you display a range of topics while still spitting that real shit. It's clear that you've matured as an Artist and a person in general by the sounds of this CD and I can't wait to see you at the next level!

Great stuff man, I'm looking forward to your next project!
:b:
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby B.A.D. » Sep 25th, '10, 07:11

ok. First and most important. man when you do an album you have to organize it better, I've always hated that when downloading your albums, all the tracks are everywhere. you can order them easily on itunes or if you dont like itunes, by placing the track number before each title. That way you dont listen to the outro where track 5 is supposed to be and you dont forget to put up tracks.

01. Sunshine Blvd. (feat. Big Ax-D)
well. u know I love this hahah

02. Spitfire
I'm sure I have heard this beat before, reminds me of some JMT track. not a lot to say really, but great replay value and nice ass lyrics. What I dont like is that at firtst you start the track one way, that is very lyrical show-skill type and by the end of the third verse you talking more about the same on many of the next tracks.

03. Big Hard Man
This is my favourite track of the tape, simply excelence. I love the lyrics, everything that you say about uk grime hip hop scene and the general way of people's life. plus I always chuckle when u say "got my fag in my mouth" hahaha. but yeah, I know what it means. but great track, and your anger makes it even better. the hook = :worship:

04. Real Good Shit (feat. Big Ax-D)
glad to see this being used :y:

05. Same Routine (feat. Bar)
the beat is great. But the song is hmm... Bars verse is weird, The flow is a bit un-natural and the mixing is terrible hahaha, but it blends really well with your delivery, even if I cant understand much, it sounds good when combined specially on the hook, it sounds good. but I've hear waaaay better from both of you. cuz also your verse, I mean what you say its good, I like your lyrics but not your general delivery. good song tho

06. Life In Reverse
yeah, this is a great song :worship:

07. Save Me
holy fucking shit man. This song is too extreme lol. the lyrics are crazy, deep as fuck man, the first time I listened to it I almost cry, for real man, its extremely extremely good. I'll be listening to this one a lot in the sad moments. I loved it.

08. Stop Breathing
"My next victim isn't you, but maybe lock your doors in case I have a drink or two"
"Idolize killers as Icons"
"I live a life where I break in and make you wet your bed"
this is one great ass serial killer/murderer track. lyrics are the pure beauty of darkness lol. and the hook is incredible man. another extra layer of voice would of made it even better. I love this track man

09. That Dont Seem So Wrong (remix)
I dont like the beat too much, very wack beat for you to pick, which track are you remixing??. cuz you murdered the wack beat, turned it really good. That verse was crazy, you did a great job but not my piece of cake really.

10. Believing In You
the volume of your vocals is too low. a bit hard to enjoy. but damn the lyrics again man, I think this is the perfect song for an underground rapper to relate to, you should definitively mix it again and pass it around man, bcuz its a great concept, the hook is perfect. Catchy track, deep song, perfect for many to relate too. its really good

11. Hip Hop
another of my favourite tracks, damn. You really show one thing above everybody else which makes you one of my favourite rappers ever, you always keep your songs relevant. like when you are listening to the track there's no way to loose the connection to it, cuz you are actually saying something, and you can manage to get the excelent hip hop chill vibe in this to explain what you feel. greatness

12. Cold Hands
now here you mixed it really well. you need to be consistent in that man, bcuz some tracks like this are really well mixed, but others sound really bad quality. I like the overall concept of this track. the flow on the hook is sick, and I like that "cold hands on your throat". Also great choice of beat, with the esception of "that dont seem wrong". the beat choice has been perfecto. what I didnt liked is the sample of someone talking, but I like your evil laugh and the "So Bad" outro. really nice track.

13. I Dont Care
by now it does seem a bit repetitive with sad concepts, its not bad, but I would maybe insert like a diferent type of track around, this is where a filler track works good. you know, something random that can give the listener a break. beacuse I mean the song is good, specially the hook, even if you go a little out of tune in there, its a good song, and the lyrics are really beautifull. but the next and last 3 tracks have the exact same vibe man. Also on this song youre on Breakout like Eminem is on Relapse. You dont feel happy with it, for me it was a really good album. Anyways, this is another good song.

14.Not Goodbye
The beat is strange, I like the sample on the hook but I dont like the drums and stuff, fits you well tho', but you really need to place your tracks in a diferent way, this track would've worked perfect as an intro, and have Sunshine Bldv. Here. and that would been a perfect way to keep things soft n shit. cuz by the point the listener gets to this track its hard to keep the pace. about the song, greatness man, specially the second verse, your lyrics again relevant, and feels good that no matter where you go, you will never stop rapping. thats great man, you do have fans :y: better believe that. I loved this song

15.Was It All Worth It (feat. Big Ax-D)
I dont like to comment much on songs I appear, but this is amazing. 100% excelense. dope lyrics. dope beat :shifty: . hahaha :worship: And PERFECT way to end the album man. oh, and btw, I took a bit of your lyrics for my album from this song for a track called "Light Me Up". hope you dont mind :y:

Overall:
This tape/album reminds me a lot from Universal. I loved it, yet again you manage to keep improving, I think this is as good as Breakout & Universal. I will be listening to this album a lot lot lot more. specially on my 18 hour flight to Mexico hahaha. and please man, please find a way to record on your new place. You always make the best stuff on the internet. So go an fucking be famous u asshole :angry: lol.............. really.

keep it up man, you do make excelent music. :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Kez » Sep 25th, '10, 14:25

Big Ax-D wrote:by now it does seem a bit repetitive with sad concepts, its not bad, but I would maybe insert like a diferent type of track around, this is where a filler track works good. you know, something random that can give the listener a break. beacuse I mean the song is good, specially the hook, even if you go a little out of tune in there, its a good song, and the lyrics are really beautifull. but the next and last 3 tracks have the exact same vibe man.

I know what you mean, it's kind of a habit lol. Normally with albums i have a habit of opening them with stuff like brag-rap and like, just normal rhyming, and by the end start to close em with deep shit, but i think the next project i make is gonna have a different vibe to mix it up a bit. Already working on that.

Big Ax-D wrote:Also on this song youre on Breakout like Eminem is on Relapse. You dont feel happy with it, for me it was a really good album. Anyways, this is another good song

Well i made Breakout cause i wanted to try and do some stuff in my local area now that i had got sound back, but since that never happened i was kinda dissapointed in it. I know now that it's just cause my local area's music scene has no taste but all the same it feels kinda annoying to make something and not have it achieve the purpose you made it for lol.

But thanks for the feed Ax for real

Also thanks Steve lol, i'd be interested to hear like which track(s) was your favourite though if any

I still await to hear the rest of you peoples thoughts :smoking:
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Steve Spag » Sep 25th, '10, 16:25

Kez wrote:Also thanks Steve lol, i'd be interested to hear like which track(s) was your favourite though if any

My favs. were "Believing In You", "Big Hard Man", "Life In Reverse", and "Torn Apart" although I dug pretty much every track on the tape.
Former Rap God
Steve Spag
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Le Tunisien » Sep 26th, '10, 06:06

And my thoughts are ignored kez or what??...
Le Tunisien
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kez » Sep 26th, '10, 12:58

le tunisien wrote:And my thoughts are ignored kez or what??...

lol why you mad tho?

You do realise whenever i get on here nowadays i tend to be in a rush, i just didnt have much time and it slipped my mind :coffee: My bad

As for Was It All Worth It not working for you sorry about that no idea why lol

Here it is on Zshare

Yes thanks for checkin it and yes i am gonna listen to your tape eventually, but i dont think you realise lol i've just started University last week, i get barely any time to come on here these days. That's why i posted this tape the night before i left, cause i knew i wouldn't get time again for a while.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Xray » Sep 27th, '10, 20:38

Cold Hands is flat out the most inspiring song you've made Kez. One of the greatest songs to hit TRShady. This track is so strong, you wrote it perfectly. Heart felt shit. Also that beat is just driving me crazy with it's emotion. I'll leave a bigger review once I'm ready to review.

10/10.
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
Carry a motherfucker head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

New Track: The Nightmare
Xray
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

PreviousNext

Return to A.S. Collections