The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Scrubz - Self Description (DEBUT EP)

Scrubz - Self Description (DEBUT EP)

Postby Scrubz » Apr 19th, '11, 04:36

(Kudo's to raids-god for this sick album cover!)

Album - Self Description (Debut Ep)
Aritst - Scrubz
Executive producer - TGBProductionz (Scrubz)
Special Features - Big Ax - D, PK, Rekluse, Explicit, Mike Black, D - rav, Klepto

Tracklist:

01. Intro
02. Flyin' High
03. A Day in the Life (Feat. PK on the Hook)
04. Difficult to Say
05. S-O-S (Feat. D-rav)
06. Stay wit it
07. Self Description (Feat. Klepto)
08. The Take Over (Feat. Mike Black and Explicit)
09. S.C.R.U.B.Z
10. Lonestar
11. Sticky to the Touch
12. Talk is Cheap
13. New Age (Feat. Rekluse)
14. Walk Alone
15. Don't Make me Laugh ( Feat. Big Ax - D on the Hook)
16. Outro

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen and thanks to everyone who listens and drops feed. I know not everyone has the time to listen to an entire album so even if you listen to one or two songs, I would like to hear your opinion. I will post a tune pack from Reverb Nation for the ones who dont want to Download it, so you can just steam them. Enjoy. :b:

Download: http://hulkshare.com/xtlivwwen248
Reverb tune pack(Stream): http://www.reverbnation.com/eplay/artist_1152274

Facebook Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/?closeTheater=1 ... 2405167945
Reverb Artist page: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/cont ... sblakeslee
MY beats: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music

Link Of Feed: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=111760
Last edited by Scrubz on Apr 20th, '11, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Scrubz - Self Description (DEBUT EP)

Postby Requiem » Apr 19th, '11, 05:46

Downloading now bro, will drop feed as soon as i can! :y:
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Vettori » Apr 19th, '11, 06:21

Great album artwork, took me a second to soak it in...

can you maybe put a few songs by themselves..i won't have time to go through them all seeing how i Am busy as fuck...But i do want to check this out..my computers Not doing great for storage atm.. so downloading the whole thing will be a problem for now.. maybe take 3 of your favourites and link me to them :D would be dope.
Vettori
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Requiem » Apr 19th, '11, 06:40

Intro- Dope intro. flow was good, beginning was a little shaky, u sounded more natural towards the end. beat's sick (but i expect no less of you) :y:

Flyin High- love the synths and sound effects. "Higher than a G6" nice. chorus is sick as hell dude, one of the best i've heard from you. verse 2 is noticeably alot better than verse 1 lyrics wise. I also like how you ended verse 3, reminds me of Pass It :shifty: . just a plain dope track. 8/10

A Day in the Life- Piano's sick from the get go. Lyrics are some of your best. Chorus is good, I like the change in voice. real feel good bumpin' shit man. No complaints here. 8/10

Difficult to Say- Beat's pretty good. Sounding real natural on the flow on this one, so far best flow of the album. The chorus is friggin' insane on this one. best chorus so far on the album. verse 2 is one of the best progressions i've heard from you. Nice outro on this song. My fav so far. 10/10

S-O-S- flow's a little shaky on verse 1, especially towards the end of it. Chorus is dope. D-rav is real good on this, he rides the flow a little better, tho i preferred your lyrics over his. Your 2nd verse on this is alot better. good way to finish out the song with that synth going. 7/10

Stay wit it- Loving the beat on this. Don't know I think of Dre with this flow, but it's dope. Lyrics are good. Chorus is good, again. I think you tripped up at the beginning of verse 2, but you picked it back up. nice line about raisins. good song. 7/10

Self Description- Nice change of pace with the mellow beat. Klepto's alright, not a huge fan of his verse. Chorus is alright, not on the level of your others. Your verse is pretty good. like the "freak out" wordplay. Verse 3 was good, no complaints. Not a huge fan of this track. 6/10

The Takeover- Mike Black has an old school flow, wish more rappers sounded like this. he rides the flow pretty good. Decent verse. Chorus is alright, no complaints. Your verse is sick on this one. nice "buffalo bill" wordplay. Explicit had a fair verse, flow was better than the lyrics. decent track. 7/10

S.C.R.U.B.Z.- I think I already told you what I think of this. DOPE AS HELL. 10/10

Lonestar- Loving the beat on this one, can't tell if it's a synth in the beginning. Whatever it is it's dope. Drums are spectacular. You're riding the flow real well on this, sound alot more natural on this one. Chorus is dope on this one. :y: verse 2 was sick. i like the progression with the almost talking-rap towards the end. good song. 8/10

Sticky to the Touch- Loving the progression of the beat. Oh wow, nice mix of guitar and synth. Unique. I also love that chilling high-pitch note that's over the whole thing. "Eyes as red as the devil's dick" :confusion: haha. Good smoking song. Chorus is sick. This song would be insane under the subject in question. "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde both comin' out tonight". Love this one. - 9/10

Talk is Cheap- The verse is pretty good in your face shit. Chorus is alright, like the "capiche" part. in face verse 2, sick man. your flow towards the end of verse 2 was crazy. Outro was eh. nice sleeper hold info tho. 7/10

New Age- Can't tell if that's a Nas sample, reminds me of Hip-Hop is Dead, but love the bass on this beat. Rekluse is destroying this beat, riding the flow like a pro with sick lyrics. Nice verse. Your verse was pretty good on this one too, nice "mother nature" line. Verse 3 was eh imo, doesn't have that Scrubz vibe to it. song was alright. - 7/10

Walk Alone- Beat's sick on this one (as always). Lyrics are different on this one, I like the change in subject matter. Just realized i've heard this one before, but anyways. chorus is sick as hell. Verse 2 had a great progression/flow. Real feel good track man. 8.5/10

Don't Make Me Laugh- Piano is sick. Bass is kinda eh imo. The violins are sick on the chorus. Big Ax-D killed the chorus. Verse 2 stomps on verse 1, no offense. DOPE. verse 3 is real good too man. It's pretty head noddin towards the end man. good shit. 8/10

Outro- Oh wow, got that Matt Koval theme going. haha. good outro.

First Reaction- DOPE nice job with this man. you put a shit ton of work into this, i can feel passion on every track. Stand out tracks had to be Walk Alone, Sticky to the touch, Difficult to Say, and S.C.R.U.B.Z.... loving the vibe of this. I think there were a few flow problems on a couple tracks, but you're really starting to capture that natural feeling. Keep. It. Up.
:worship:

TO ALL OF TR

:smoking: PEEP THAT SHIT :smoking:

still down for that joint album???? :shifty:
R.I.P. Proof.
propz to Solace

I AM the dark knight, I AM Nightmare Moon, bronies beware

STAREOTYPE! It's official!
http://www.reverbnation.com/stareotype

James R. - who said you wouldn't meet nice people on the internet?
Requiem
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Tranquil » Apr 19th, '11, 07:21

Downloading this shit rite now!! :worship:
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Scrubz » Apr 19th, '11, 07:31

Vettori wrote:Great album artwork, took me a second to soak it in...

can you maybe put a few songs by themselves..i won't have time to go through them all seeing how i Am busy as fuck...But i do want to check this out..my computers Not doing great for storage atm.. so downloading the whole thing will be a problem for now.. maybe take 3 of your favourites and link me to them :D would be dope.

If you look on the op there's a link called "reverb tune Pack". It a link to a player that streams the cd so u can check em out there when u have the time.

@requiem, good looks homie for the detailed feed! And I glad you like it! And we will deff start working on stuff shortly.
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kez » Apr 19th, '11, 07:46

Liking the cover.

Intro:
The beat is nice and funky.
Your voice aint totally natural yet, but it's getting there.
Lyrics fit the song well, easy-listening kind of shit
The flow was pretty decent for the most part, some parts definately better than others.
You coulda added a little hook I think, it kinda just sounds like you ran outta stuff to say lol.
But oh well, not bad for an intro I spose

Flyin' High:
Not really a fan of the beat
Delivery starts off sounding real quiet but gets more clear shortly
The laughing bit didn't really sound natural
The hook kinda reminds me of like, Steve and Chambers, not really sung properly lol
Flow is pretty solid, slips off a couple times though.
Lyrics are similiar to the intro but it's pretty close to the start of it so it suits, plus since it's a debut EP it's bound to be.
Your voice and content really reminds me of Tash, haha

A Day In the Life:
Yeah i like this beat a lot
The lyrics are alright but I don't really get the insight into what you're actually rapping about. Yeah it fits the concept but it's not really very specific. If you get me.
Flow you seem to have down mostly, although not totally. Like sometimes you rush a word or shit to make it fit. Nothing big, just somethin I noticed.
Yeah you shouldn't sing hooks lol
Decent track, I was expecting to enjoy it more though as it seemed to be the first "deep" track

Difficult To Say:
Nice beat.
Hmm, so now it's been like two deep tracks in a row. Interesting track order.
Sound effects are well implemented
Hook works well, liked the grays line
That singing at the end sounded too whispered though
Lyrics were slightly more insightful than the last track, I at least caught a specific topic this time amongst the mentions of weed haha

S-O-S:
I like the kinda minimalist feel to the beat.
Your flow is pretty dope on this. Second verse sounds way more kind of chilled compared to the first though, which sounded more polished. Still sounds good to listen to though.
Coulda ended the last verse a bit better though but still.
I like how you did the hook too.
This is surprisingly good, you clearly work better on these kinda tracks than deep stuff.
Your delivery shines well on this beat too.
Didn't seem to be any particular concept behind this track in general lol but I still enjoyed it

Stay Wit It:
Beat i'm not really a fan of
You clearly write better in this mindframe than deeper stuff. I still enjoyed listening to it to be fair even though these kinda tracks normally bore me. Could have been much more irritating to me.
Liked the hook.
Haha the grapes into raisins line was nice.

Self-Description:
Beat is alright.
The hook just sounds too bored to me lol
Your flow and lyrics are good, again I just don't really get any particular concept here lol. I mean I get it, it's just pretty vague lol. But whatever.
This track just kinda bored me though i'm afraid

The Take Over:
Beat is meh
This guy sounds way too bored lol and his flow was everywhere
He sags his pants cause it makes people mad? Oh shit!!!
Pretty average verse from him. Oscar line was okay though lol.
Oh wow, you actually made the pants sag line into the hook. Oh dear.
Your verse ranged from seeming equally average to sounding alright
Not really a fan of this one
Third guy at least sounds energetic, he seems to get closest to actually hitting a concept lol
I liked a couple of his lines, like the thong line and shit.
But he raps more about the modern music, you guys just seemed to rap about yourselves some more lol. I dunno. Probably looking too deep.

S.C.R.U.B.Z:
Rapping about fame money and pussy seems a bit egotistic lol and let's be honest it probably aint the case.
Flow didn't start off well, but it gets better.
Your delivery could do with sounding more fierce on a track like this especially though, with the guitar and the angry theme.
Hook sounds too quiet too, doesn't sound really any different to your verses both in quality and in your voice itself.
Lyrics are alright, you do use a lot of similie kinda shit but i find it alright to listen to with you for some reason. Doesn't quite bother me so much.
Wasn't really a huge fan of this track though

Lonestar:
I like how you managed to mostly keep to the concept here, but the beat really doesn't sound like the song at all lol. It just sounds like any other track so far. I don't feel any western feel to it.
Still though very good to see you clearly stick to a concept for a full song this time.
Lyrics are pretty good. Flow I can't really complain about.

Sticky To The Touch:
Not a real fan of the beat
I hope this aint just another weed song lol
And it is lol shit
It's funny but your delivery sounds more enthusiastic when you're rapping about weed than pretty much any of the other songs you've done on this thing.
Hook is alright, nothin really special
Hope you don't mind but I skipped this after the first hook, I didn't really see much point in listening to the whole thing; don't need to hear another whole song about weed lmao

Talk Is Cheap:
Pretty decent beat
You sound good on this track
Delivery is decent, lyrics I liked, you executed the choke line well and shit.
Flow is nice as it mostly has been, although it falls off a couple times still.
Hook is again nothing really special lol.
You probably should have called out by name who you appear to be dissing though, else it kinda makes you look like a hypocrite haha

New Age:
Well this beat sounds like shit
You sound like you're in a cave lmao
That second guy's flow is really sloppy. You can definately tell the difference.
More lyrics about weed and shit, not bad but i'm kinda getting bored lol.
Hook is pretty meh
And there doesn't really seem to be any kind of real thought here either lol
A pretty meh track

Walk Alone:
Nice beat.
Lol that aint how you say superb but i'll let it slide
Liked the legs shut line!
The hook was just fuckin bad lol. Sounds like a rehearsal take or something.
I like the concept, finally a kind of "deep" track done better, you had some pretty nice lines in this
Flow is nice but the second part of the hook started a bit awkwardly.

Don't Make Me Laugh:
Dope beat!
Your flow is nice on this, and the lyrics I really can't complain about.
Concept works well for a kind of later track on this EP, especially considering what's come before it.
Fucking nice hook haha.
You ride this beat well.
This was a pretty sick track, I enjoyed it.

Outro:
I don't really think this was neccessary lol. Should really let the songs talk for you.
Plus I mean it's like 50 seconds long, really no point to it lol. This seemed a bit pointless to me.

So yeah overall this was alright. A fair few songs just consisted of you rapping about yourself and weed but I still enjoyed most of it despite that. Some of the songs where you tried to go deep it just didn't really work for me and you kind of veered off course, but a couple of em you did okay on. You outshined most of your features though, with Ax and the third guy on The Take Over being the exceptions. Your flow is definately on the way, there were some minor slip-ups but mostly you had a pretty nice flow which made the tracks enjoyable. I think that definately helped. Your delivery really does remind me of Tash, and I don't know if it's just a case of you have a naturally more quiet voice or if you just aren't projecting enough. Some of the tracks it worked perfectly cause your voice kinda has the cocky laid-back feel to it, and some of them it would have been better if it had been more powerful; when you try and do emotional kinda shit if you just sound chilled out it'll hinder it lol. Your lyrics are pretty solid too, a lot of kind of similies and shit that sort of remind me of the Wayne style, difference being they didn't piss me off lol. Your hooks were mostly average though to be honest, and you really shouldn't try and sing lol because (at least at this point) it sounds just bad. Not being harsh, it just does. Hooks tend to need to stand out and be powerful, and really your voice on the hooks didn't sound enough so for them to work. Some of them worked, like the more spoken ones, but the singing ones definately did not lol.

Anyway I'm interested to see what you do next, cause since this was a debut EP I suppose it's bound to be this kind of stuff, but conceptually it was pretty basic. When you strip it down, it's basically a bunch of songs which are about you and how good you are, with a few deep ones thrown in for good measure. Lonestar was a nice exception though. For a debut though this could have been much shittier, so you did a pretty decent job. Hope ya don't think I'm being overly critical, I just don't like to leave a "yeah this was dope" when I listen to someone's tape lol. It feels like the lazy option. Overall this was definately enjoyable despite any flaws I noticed. Don't Make Me Laugh was probably my favourite track of them all, just for all-around everything.
Kez
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby B.A.D. » Apr 19th, '11, 08:40

cool thing man, I'll post you a review after Im done with kez's tape and all the new stuff around, but I got cha.

thats what u meant with the album cover? lol :shakehead:
it ended actually pretti cool, just a few things could be smoothed out, but its nice

feed ya soon :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Scrubz » Apr 19th, '11, 14:05

Kez wrote:Liking the cover.

Intro:
The beat is nice and funky.
Your voice aint totally natural yet, but it's getting there.
Lyrics fit the song well, easy-listening kind of shit
The flow was pretty decent for the most part, some parts definately better than others.
You coulda added a little hook I think, it kinda just sounds like you ran outta stuff to say lol.
But oh well, not bad for an intro I spose

Flyin' High:
Not really a fan of the beat
Delivery starts off sounding real quiet but gets more clear shortly
The laughing bit didn't really sound natural
The hook kinda reminds me of like, Steve and Chambers, not really sung properly lol
Flow is pretty solid, slips off a couple times though.
Lyrics are similiar to the intro but it's pretty close to the start of it so it suits, plus since it's a debut EP it's bound to be.
Your voice and content really reminds me of Tash, haha

A Day In the Life:
Yeah i like this beat a lot
The lyrics are alright but I don't really get the insight into what you're actually rapping about. Yeah it fits the concept but it's not really very specific. If you get me.
Flow you seem to have down mostly, although not totally. Like sometimes you rush a word or shit to make it fit. Nothing big, just somethin I noticed.
Yeah you shouldn't sing hooks lol
Decent track, I was expecting to enjoy it more though as it seemed to be the first "deep" track

Difficult To Say:
Nice beat.
Hmm, so now it's been like two deep tracks in a row. Interesting track order.
Sound effects are well implemented
Hook works well, liked the grays line
That singing at the end sounded too whispered though
Lyrics were slightly more insightful than the last track, I at least caught a specific topic this time amongst the mentions of weed haha

S-O-S:
I like the kinda minimalist feel to the beat.
Your flow is pretty dope on this. Second verse sounds way more kind of chilled compared to the first though, which sounded more polished. Still sounds good to listen to though.
Coulda ended the last verse a bit better though but still.
I like how you did the hook too.
This is surprisingly good, you clearly work better on these kinda tracks than deep stuff.
Your delivery shines well on this beat too.
Didn't seem to be any particular concept behind this track in general lol but I still enjoyed it

Stay Wit It:
Beat i'm not really a fan of
You clearly write better in this mindframe than deeper stuff. I still enjoyed listening to it to be fair even though these kinda tracks normally bore me. Could have been much more irritating to me.
Liked the hook.
Haha the grapes into raisins line was nice.

Self-Description:
Beat is alright.
The hook just sounds too bored to me lol
Your flow and lyrics are good, again I just don't really get any particular concept here lol. I mean I get it, it's just pretty vague lol. But whatever.
This track just kinda bored me though i'm afraid

The Take Over:
Beat is meh
This guy sounds way too bored lol and his flow was everywhere
He sags his pants cause it makes people mad? Oh shit!!!
Pretty average verse from him. Oscar line was okay though lol.
Oh wow, you actually made the pants sag line into the hook. Oh dear.
Your verse ranged from seeming equally average to sounding alright
Not really a fan of this one
Third guy at least sounds energetic, he seems to get closest to actually hitting a concept lol
I liked a couple of his lines, like the thong line and shit.
But he raps more about the modern music, you guys just seemed to rap about yourselves some more lol. I dunno. Probably looking too deep.

S.C.R.U.B.Z:
Rapping about fame money and pussy seems a bit egotistic lol and let's be honest it probably aint the case.
Flow didn't start off well, but it gets better.
Your delivery could do with sounding more fierce on a track like this especially though, with the guitar and the angry theme.
Hook sounds too quiet too, doesn't sound really any different to your verses both in quality and in your voice itself.
Lyrics are alright, you do use a lot of similie kinda shit but i find it alright to listen to with you for some reason. Doesn't quite bother me so much.
Wasn't really a huge fan of this track though

Lonestar:
I like how you managed to mostly keep to the concept here, but the beat really doesn't sound like the song at all lol. It just sounds like any other track so far. I don't feel any western feel to it.
Still though very good to see you clearly stick to a concept for a full song this time.
Lyrics are pretty good. Flow I can't really complain about.

Sticky To The Touch:
Not a real fan of the beat
I hope this aint just another weed song lol
And it is lol shit
It's funny but your delivery sounds more enthusiastic when you're rapping about weed than pretty much any of the other songs you've done on this thing.
Hook is alright, nothin really special
Hope you don't mind but I skipped this after the first hook, I didn't really see much point in listening to the whole thing; don't need to hear another whole song about weed lmao

Talk Is Cheap:
Pretty decent beat
You sound good on this track
Delivery is decent, lyrics I liked, you executed the choke line well and shit.
Flow is nice as it mostly has been, although it falls off a couple times still.
Hook is again nothing really special lol.
You probably should have called out by name who you appear to be dissing though, else it kinda makes you look like a hypocrite haha

New Age:
Well this beat sounds like shit
You sound like you're in a cave lmao
That second guy's flow is really sloppy. You can definately tell the difference.
More lyrics about weed and shit, not bad but i'm kinda getting bored lol.
Hook is pretty meh
And there doesn't really seem to be any kind of real thought here either lol
A pretty meh track

Walk Alone:
Nice beat.
Lol that aint how you say superb but i'll let it slide
Liked the legs shut line!
The hook was just fuckin bad lol. Sounds like a rehearsal take or something.
I like the concept, finally a kind of "deep" track done better, you had some pretty nice lines in this
Flow is nice but the second part of the hook started a bit awkwardly.

Don't Make Me Laugh:
Dope beat!
Your flow is nice on this, and the lyrics I really can't complain about.
Concept works well for a kind of later track on this EP, especially considering what's come before it.
Fucking nice hook haha.
You ride this beat well.
This was a pretty sick track, I enjoyed it.

Outro:
I don't really think this was neccessary lol. Should really let the songs talk for you.
Plus I mean it's like 50 seconds long, really no point to it lol. This seemed a bit pointless to me.

So yeah overall this was alright. A fair few songs just consisted of you rapping about yourself and weed but I still enjoyed most of it despite that. Some of the songs where you tried to go deep it just didn't really work for me and you kind of veered off course, but a couple of em you did okay on. You outshined most of your features though, with Ax and the third guy on The Take Over being the exceptions. Your flow is definately on the way, there were some minor slip-ups but mostly you had a pretty nice flow which made the tracks enjoyable. I think that definately helped. Your delivery really does remind me of Tash, and I don't know if it's just a case of you have a naturally more quiet voice or if you just aren't projecting enough. Some of the tracks it worked perfectly cause your voice kinda has the cocky laid-back feel to it, and some of them it would have been better if it had been more powerful; when you try and do emotional kinda shit if you just sound chilled out it'll hinder it lol. Your lyrics are pretty solid too, a lot of kind of similies and shit that sort of remind me of the Wayne style, difference being they didn't piss me off lol. Your hooks were mostly average though to be honest, and you really shouldn't try and sing lol because (at least at this point) it sounds just bad. Not being harsh, it just does. Hooks tend to need to stand out and be powerful, and really your voice on the hooks didn't sound enough so for them to work. Some of them worked, like the more spoken ones, but the singing ones definately did not lol.

Anyway I'm interested to see what you do next, cause since this was a debut EP I suppose it's bound to be this kind of stuff, but conceptually it was pretty basic. When you strip it down, it's basically a bunch of songs which are about you and how good you are, with a few deep ones thrown in for good measure. Lonestar was a nice exception though. For a debut though this could have been much shittier, so you did a pretty decent job. Hope ya don't think I'm being overly critical, I just don't like to leave a "yeah this was dope" when I listen to someone's tape lol. It feels like the lazy option. Overall this was definately enjoyable despite any flaws I noticed. Don't Make Me Laugh was probably my favourite track of them all, just for all-around everything.

Thanks for the in-depth feed dude, and I myself would rather hear this than "yeah man thats dope". One of the singing wasn't me but I get it, I can't sing... Yet! Lol. And as far as content wise I did go the easy way on this first tape and had it about me cuz idk starting up the easiest thing to write about is yourself IMO. But deff look for more complexity from here on out. And I know I smoke a lot of weed, I should write about it les lmao. I think it's clear to see the progression of me threw the cd, some were from January, some were from a few days ago, the newer ones deff stuck out I think. I'm glad even though it wasn't your style, it was enjoyable to listen to. And no I didn't think you were over critical, didn't even expect you to listen tbh lol. I will take a listen to you tape now the I actually have some time, thanks again dude!

@eminem is legend: thanks let me know what you think!
@ax: no rush hommie and yeah that's what I ment ha!
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby i4ill » Apr 19th, '11, 16:28

-Intro:
I liked this shit. A lot of rappers prefer to keep it simple and without any bars, I on the other hand, prefer some bars to let us kinda expect what type of shit we'll probably listen to. I liked the lyrics in general but the beat wasn't THAT good to me, still it was cool.

-Flyin' High:
The beat is weird but I like it. The flow in this track is mad fluid, way to go. I'm loving what I'm hearing lyricism wise; the structure is nice, I liked the inners, they actually made the flow sound more powerful. Delivery is cool, it can be upped a notch with a bit more energy perhaps. I wasn't huge on the hook, I guess with some polishing it can be pretty good though. Adlibs were good and the mixing in general was good too.

- A Day In The Life:
Now this beat is something. Perfect choice! Deep shit...Great, it's my cup of tea. I loved the content a lot man, I can definitely relate to this shit. Delivery here sounds better than that in the first song, I felt the emotion here. Flow is again, on point. Lyrically you did justice, it wasn't super lyrical complex shit but it was more than enough for THIS type of track, where content is the focus. The hook was ok, not a major highlight, still it was ok.

I'll drop more feed later man...I'll definitely download this shit too.
I'm the letters that alphabet never heard about, the words that the lines couldn't manage to gather, the lines that the verses failed to comprehend, the verses that no song would dare to embrace, the song that no pen would ever write down.
i4ill
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Raids-God » Apr 19th, '11, 18:52

Likeing it so far man
Some realy dope verces "Diffcult to Say and the Pk ft are Dope as hell !
and thanks for the Album cover opinions guys :y:
Raids-God
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Mr. Chambers » Apr 19th, '11, 18:59

dl gonna listen when i can get some time

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rekluse » Apr 19th, '11, 23:49

First off, Album covers sick...

Top 5

-Difficult to say
-Lone Star
-Stay Wit It
-SOS
-Sticky To The Touch

No order and the others are good, proud of this shit man... :worship:
cant wait till the nexttttt, dont stop
Rekluse
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Instant Legend » Apr 20th, '11, 02:42

downloadin this beast right now :)
"Cohesive: We All Fall" Coming April From Ability Records Ft. Bizzy Bone, Hopsin, Mars, Kung Fu Vampire, & More
My Twitter
2005-2011 Discography, name ya price!
Instant Legend
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Scrubz » Apr 20th, '11, 03:05

@i4ill: thanks for the feed so far, lemme know what you think about the rest! :y:

@Raids-God: Thanks for the art and for the feed!! :worship:

@RiseFromTheAshez: Cant wait to hear what you think of the entire album, lemme know!

@Chambers and Legend: Thanks for the dl, Deff wanna get your opinions. :smoking:
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to A.S. Collections