The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Needing new Bad Meets Evil web banner

Want help or feel the urge to show off? Then here is the place for you.

Needing new Bad Meets Evil web banner

Postby TRshady » Jun 12th, '11, 12:36

I'm quietly working on one hell of an overhaul for TRshady.com, it's more than had it's fair share of down time and I'll explain more in time: but it boiled down to other priorities and a lack of motivation to develop what was an Eminem fansite. So it's being rebranded, completely redesigned and the focus will be on the music - an Eminem music discovery, for the fan or visitor who wants to browse the wealth of tracks from the living legend. It's going to be gradual - but it is happening.

A completely new layout (and the first in about 5 years) is to be developed by a designer friend of mine, but for the moment, I want to switch things up on the website (note I'm not talking about the forum here), and it's gonna take a darker, more mature, gritty feel.

So, with inspiration from the new Bad Meets Evil phase, can someone put there brushes to the canvas and create a new banner, with the same dimensions as this: http://trshady.com/images/layout/eminemBanner.jpg, with the text TRshady.com, and instead of 'The ultimate Eminem fansite', I want the text to be 'The Eminem Project'.

Anyone able to make this happen?
Would appreciate it, thanks TReeps.. no, TReeple.. TRembers?..
... thanks ladies and gents.
TRshady
Government
Government

Re: Needing new Bad Meets Evil web banner

Postby Eazy-GFX » Jun 12th, '11, 13:43

Damn, looking forward to this. Can't wait to see what y'all can come up with. :worship:
TorieCheng72 wrote:Excuse me, didn't realize y'all were the almighty soldiers weeding out opinions. Get a life gangsta wanna beez.
Eazy-GFX
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raids-God » Jun 12th, '11, 20:35

So You want it to say "TrShady.com" and "The Eminem Project" on the banner, because ill give it a go i guess :flower:
Raids-God
Role Model
Role Model

Postby OMEGA » Jun 12th, '11, 21:19

It would be nice if you can provide a couple mockups of what the site is going to be. At least let us know what colors is it going to use, because making a header around that will be infinitely easier.
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TRshady » Jun 12th, '11, 21:51

Thanks for your PM Raids-God, it's a valid effort but lacking the slick, professional, gritty and dark vibe I'm after. The new redesign will be handled by a designer, this is simply a banner to tide us over for the next two months. I'll edit the rest of the site around the new banner for now, so there's no limitations on colours, but I'm thinking black/red/grey/blue perhaps... be creative, if it feels like it fits in with the 'Bad Meets Evil' and 2011 Eminem vibe, then it'll fit nicely.

So to clarify, for now it's literally a banner to replace the current banner, I'll change the blue background to match something similar to the forum and it'll serve as an update till the redesign.
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby Raids-God » Jun 12th, '11, 21:58

TRshady wrote:Thanks for your PM Raids-God, it's a valid effort but lacking the slick, professional, gritty and dark vibe I'm after. The new redesign will be handled by a designer, this is simply a banner to tide us over for the next two months. I'll edit the rest of the site around the new banner for now, so there's no limitations on colours, but I'm thinking black/red/grey/blue perhaps... be creative, if it feels like it fits in with the 'Bad Meets Evil' and 2011 Eminem vibe, then it'll fit nicely.

So to clarify, for now it's literally a banner to replace the current banner, I'll change the blue background to match something similar to the forum and it'll serve as an update till the redesign.

Sure thing man, thanks for the feedback :happy:
Raids-God
Role Model
Role Model

Postby OMEGA » Jun 13th, '11, 02:48

Ok, since you mentioned a couple times that you want a dark theme for the new layout, here's a dark, BME era banner:

http://i.imgur.com/35Cnx.png

(Click to see it completely)
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Blu » Jun 13th, '11, 02:50

Omega wrote:Ok, since you mentioned a couple times that you want a dark theme for the new layout, here's a dark, BME era banner:

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :o
That looks fuckin' incredible!
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby VenomBlackViper » Jun 13th, '11, 02:53

Looking forward to all of this & dope banner Omega.
VenomBlackViper
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Banks » Jun 13th, '11, 04:36

Omega wrote:Ok, since you mentioned a couple times that you want a dark theme for the new layout, here's a dark, BME era banner:

sick banner, you can tell me what is the font in "tr shady.com"? thanx bro! :worship:
Banks
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eazy-GFX » Jun 13th, '11, 06:14

Looks pretty damn good, Omega. Great job!
TorieCheng72 wrote:Excuse me, didn't realize y'all were the almighty soldiers weeding out opinions. Get a life gangsta wanna beez.
Eazy-GFX
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TRshady » Jun 13th, '11, 13:41

That is awesome work Omega! Seriously, am very impressed.
Never expected such a creation so soon, top stuff bro,
despite not having the right, can I request:

- You try a different font (for both the trshady and Eminem project), what you have works well but I'd be interested in seeing other ideas. For the TRshady text, I think it's important (but not essential) that the TR are larger, and that there is no space between 'TR' and 'shady').

- Also, do you think you could create a small repeating square that I could set as the new background image? So that the background blends in with the banner, I'd guess the image would need to be about 100x100 pixels. No worries if you can't do this.

As a small gesture I'll send $20 to whoever creates the banner that I use.
Thanks again :y:
TRshady
Government
Government

Postby dR3 » Jun 13th, '11, 14:53

Goddamn Omega, that's sick!!! :worship:

Hey Tony, what about a new forum banner? Many members have complained about the current one.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby Eazy-GFX » Jun 13th, '11, 15:02

Looking forward to your work, Omega! :y:

What dR3 said. The forum banner that is up now isn't that good. Could be much better.
Eazy-GFX
Soldier
Soldier

Postby OMEGA » Jun 13th, '11, 15:33

Glad to hear you guys liked it!

TRShady, I'll send you a couple revised versions with different fonts later in the day. :y:

And for Banks, the name of the font you want is called HappyKiller.
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Next

Return to Graphics