The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Scrubz - Self Description (DEBUT EP)

Re: Scrubz - Self Description (DEBUT EP)

Postby B.A.D. » Apr 29th, '11, 11:37

01.Intro
Hahaha, awesome beat, great way to start man. great composure, I like it. ok quality.

02.Flying High
you sound a lot like Tash on this track, I like your flow a lot, and damn nice lyrics, I feel like there is something missing on your quality to give you power on your vocals. I like the drums on the beat, but not the melodies, and the mixing of it... very hissy and essy, unstable for the ears. Def your flow shined on this. smooth as a mafucka

03.A Day In The Life
Nice beat, your mixing is better on this one, but whats up with that echo... horrible man, you should not put echos so loud, I like the swift-pan effect on some of it, but yeah. Also this beat is too high, maybe you have a constant effect that does a high boost... you should focus on that. The hook is great man, very well performed and written. I liked this track a lot. hot verses

04.Difficult To Say
I think I heard this before already, Hot ass hook man

05.S.O.S.
that hat is way too loud... but other than that the beat is really good, man, I like it.
Very good song man, your flow is steady, rhymes are hot and the hook by D-Rav is hot, his verse is amazing aswell... very well performed

06.Stay Wit It
I like the beat, but Im starting to sense a pattern of similarity among them, I like that all of
them are creative, but hmm.. the mixing is very strange on all. not bad, but strange
on this track I loved your hook, and the verses are good aswell. The lyrics are not amazing
on this track, but I like the way u structured it

07.Self Description
this is more like it. I like this track a lot man, it even made me stand up and give it a closer look,
its nice that you switched up the flow and gave it more creative stuff, I like the topic aswell
second verse starts sick, I played it a couple times aswell

08.The Takeover
NY to Australia... that right baby!! Aussie FTW!.. hey man, u have to be consistent with
the overall masters of the tracks, the volume of the beat on here is way too low.
Mike Black is awsome, smooth as a mafucka, but needs to work on the flow.
I dont like the hook, very whispery, but the melody of it is nice. Your verse is cool, very
creative, the best verse of the album so far. hot shit. No my wiqqa Explicit. he and
his fucking mixing smh. But he came in swingin man, def great verse. looks like
he is dissing eminem lmao.

09.S.C.R.U.B.Z.
Im pretti sure I fed this one before. If I havent hit me up and I'll do it again

10.Lonestar
I'm really intrigued by now as to how you mix and master your tracks, there is definitively
something wrong with it. I love your approach to this song, the hook reminds me of Royce 59
probably my favourite song from the tape. good stuff

11.Sticky to the Touch
hmm, very unique. but you have a continuously similar sound all around the tape, makes it
a bit tireing to listen to honestly, but believe me, that has to do a lot with the mixing.
the hook is great again and your verses are hot. flow is flawless

12.Talk Is Cheap
Im also sure I fead this, The beat sound really familiar, yeah, I've heard this before.

13.New Age
lol, nice beat sample, but u need to clean it up. but the mixing is definitively better.
rekluse is good man, nice delivery there. good track man, I liked you on verse 2 here,
good job man

14.Walk Alone
this one again sounds familiar. But yeah, another of my favourite tracks, everything here
works nice, the beat, your voice, the lyrics are extremely well performed.
yeah, I remember the hook.... I've heard this before... I didnt liked it a lot. singing needs work
anyway, everything else is great. I think this would've worked better on the outro than
dont make me laugh. This is probably the best track of the tape, good job.

15.Dont Make Me Laugh
who's that on the hook.... he's hot. lol
good track man, but lol, my name is not Big Ax - D... its Big Ax-D
your second verse is straight fire man

16.Outro
Oh my, this beat was fucking fire, cool lil outro

Overall:
u need to work on originality and variety, not only in topics but in absolutely everything, all the tracks have a very similar feeling. and theres not much that stands out from one another. that is due to many things, the mixing included, you have to completely change your structure of quality because even if this sounds clean, it has a couple errors that take much away from the songs. You focused too much on lyrical ability on this tape, that took you away from all the other aspects of building a tape. The main focus when structuring a tape is to emphasize on the listeners perspective and apply it to your sense. what do you want to say, and how would you like it to be heard. thats very important bro. and lol, this not an EP... this is more of an LP a6 tracks lol, so its only natural that if you dont apply a mix of contents it will not achieve its desired intention., now on the good note haha, you did amazing on your flow and your lyrics, very high skill as an mc. but you are hiding many feelings there. Keep at it man, and never get discouraged. go for it all :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Tranquil » Apr 30th, '11, 03:04

I didnt mix my vocals :o I think it was just the shit mic i was using, im buying a proper one soon :worship:
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Scrubz » Apr 30th, '11, 15:05

@Freedoom: thanks for the good word, top 2 in hooks? Thats pretty high praise man thanks! Yeah it was water down some, I think I wanted to get a tape out so bad I rushed the thought process of an actually concept and kinda coped out by going with the self description. Look for my next tape to be more coherent.

@Jaz; Good looks on the review so far cant agree with everything you said but I will deff work on them.

@Emislegend: Im glad you loved the SWAG of the album. hahah :laughing: Did that just for you. But on the real it seemed like you liked it. As far as your quality its a mixture between you mic and you removing like all the bass when you mix. But anyways Thank you for bumpin this shit and droppin the review, hope you dont stop raping cuz I deff wanna collab again.

@Ax: Lol does the spaces between the - make that big of a difference mr.pickey?? :laughing: its all good homie I will remember that! Thanks for the feed, new you were gonna eat alive my mixing. As far as the sound range I agree, Some beats were made when I was more, say, Green? So it was a mess in that aspect, I wil have all the tracks mastered better since I know what I'm doing now lol. I think I may have worked out the hiss' and shit with my most recent thing I did for the 16 bars, you can be the judge of that. And I did focus a lot on flow and lyrics, I needed to up my game lyrically, now I need to put it all together, the beat, the flow, the content. I did what I set out to do with my first project, write some quotables, develop my flow and put my beats on display. Good looks man and any pointer you wanna give me production wise I'm all ears(even thought I use mac I think you can still help out in the general aspect.)

Thank you all for listening, I'm pretty happy with the feed back! :worship:
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tranquil » Apr 30th, '11, 16:15

Cheers man, and i did enjoy it, bumping Lonestar everyday mayne :worship: And im not stopping man, i threw the mic i was using out cause it was just a shit little cheap one. So im waiting until i get a new mic (which will be 3 months or so) and then ill be back at it :worship: And i wanna collab again aswell, maybe on my mixtape man :smoking:
Straight jacket with a hundred eight brackets, and a strap that wraps twice around my back, then they latch it!
(Formally EminemIsLegend)
Tranquil
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Scrubz » May 19th, '11, 16:40

EminemIsLegend wrote:Cheers man, and i did enjoy it, bumping Lonestar everyday mayne :worship: And im not stopping man, i threw the mic i was using out cause it was just a shit little cheap one. So im waiting until i get a new mic (which will be 3 months or so) and then ill be back at it :worship: And i wanna collab again aswell, maybe on my mixtape man :smoking:

good shit man, hit me up when ur back and ready to record and send me stuff you want to collabo on.

bump. :whistle:
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Scrubz » Jun 23rd, '11, 16:20

a final bump for the ladies ;)
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Jun 24th, '11, 01:17

I'll give you feedback on this soonish but i'm workin on my own shit right now and i don't like feeding albums when i'm workin cause then i wont be 100% focused on it, but any way man, i like your style and i have high expectations for this.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Scrubz » Jun 24th, '11, 02:10

Tash8 wrote:I'll give you feedback on this soonish but i'm workin on my own shit right now and i don't like feeding albums when i'm workin cause then i wont be 100% focused on it, but any way man, i like your style and i have high expectations for this.

thanks dude, its my first project so its kinda all over the place. different mixing techniques in some songs compared to others and what not. but i think its pretty good for a first tape. and im down to collab if you still want to, my bad about not getting back to you im very busy with my upcoming ep as well.
Scrubz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Jun 24th, '11, 02:15

Scrubz wrote:
Tash8 wrote:I'll give you feedback on this soonish but i'm workin on my own shit right now and i don't like feeding albums when i'm workin cause then i wont be 100% focused on it, but any way man, i like your style and i have high expectations for this.

thanks dude, its my first project so its kinda all over the place. different mixing techniques in some songs compared to others and what not. but i think its pretty good for a first tape. and im down to collab if you still want to, my bad about not getting back to you im very busy with my upcoming ep as well.

whatevers good man, i've made a ton of beats recently that we can use
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby B.A.D. » Jun 24th, '11, 19:39

Man, I've been waiting for a Scrubz/Tash collab for quite a while now... you guys should do some back and forward shit... would be great :worship:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Previous

Return to A.S. Collections